FORUMS

[ROM][10.0][davinci] Picsel inExperience+ [AOSP][2020/09/11]

175 posts
Thanks Meter: 242

By Hack64, Senior Member on 7th August 2020, 05:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Picsel inExperience for Xiaomi Mi 9T / Redmi K20 [davinci]

What is Picsel inExperience?
Picsel inExperience is just my own personal take at Pixel Experience.
I use a different device tree from the official one, a different kernel and i try to keep it as much updated as possible.
Plus, there are some cool features like DC Dimming, Togglable SIMs, FOD animations and other stuff.

What's working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FMRadio
Fingerprint reader
Face Unlock
NFC
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS NOR VENDOR, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from SourceForge

How to install?
1. Flash the rom package
2. Flash Magisk (optional)
3. Format Data
4. Reboot!

Sources
Device Tree
Kernel

Stay tuned
Picsel's Telegram group

XDA:DevDB Information
Picsel inExperience, ROM for the Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T

Contributors
Hack64
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-08-07
Last Updated 2020-08-25
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to Hack64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hack64 Ad-Free
7th August 2020, 05:50 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
Some notes about the included Camera app:
Unfortunately, I can't include ANXCamera nor MiuiCamera by default. This is because building them inline with the rom breaks brightness fading when using autobrightness, so you would get an horrible sharp change in brightness whenever the sensor decides to change it. So, as a remedy i decided to include the most stable (imo) gcam available for this device: Urnyx05's Gcam.

There's a catch though, as apparently using it as system app breaks some stuff, like custom xml configs and lib patcher.
In order to fix these issues, you just need to download latest urnyx's version and install it on top of the system one, as if it was a normal installation.
In order to use 48mp with the included GCam, you will need a special fix available in this post's attached files ( NOTE: it's a magisk module, credits to @VladSor ). Using this will break your front camera video recording.

If you want to use ANXCamera instead, (which is a port of MiuiCamera if you didn't know already), you can get it at https://camera.aeonax.com. If you decide to install v190, remember to download the bootloop hotfix, available there too.

If you decide to use a completely different GCam from another dev, you need to uninstall the one included first. You can do this with magisk modules or by renaming the apk in system/priv-app/GoogleCamera's extension (eg. GoogleCamera.bak). Then, you just need to reboot your phone and install your favorite GCam. If you update, you will have to do this procedure again, unless i find a way to change the apk's package name.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EsMod_Mi9T_MSM_modified.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.82 MB, 168 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hack64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hack64 Ad-Free
7th August 2020, 05:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lecce

Donate to Me
More
And another one just in case ;D
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hack64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hack64 Ad-Free
7th August 2020, 05:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 459

Donate to Me
More
Probably the smoothest ROM you'll find for Davinci. No weird bugs and good battery consumption too.
If you like Pixel-like ROMs you must try it.
7th August 2020, 05:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Installed it yesterday. So far everything works flawlessly. Very nice job. It's nice that there are developers still working on pixel experience, the official one seems dead.
The Following User Says Thank You to ntragas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ntragas Ad-Free
7th August 2020, 06:34 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Very pleasant experience so far.
Everything works like it should.
Performance is mind blowing with good battery backup so if you aim for pure pixel experience then this is the closest you can get.
Rom really proves that official tag means nothing in some cases.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mirdeusz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mirdeusz Ad-Free
7th August 2020, 06:41 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Fully stable and super smooth
7th August 2020, 06:48 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the Best Pixel Experience Rom for k20 /9t personally i was an official Fan Boy until The Dev Marco released , fixes daily and gave useful features and actually listened to people, and not just ignore , the rom is super stable still he is adding dope stuff to make it feel like Screen OC without any actual OC its that smooth. And Dont Worry You Will Get Updates Here Even if its UnOfficial , it makes the official Pixel Experience look retarted in front of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to <Twel12/> For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift <Twel12/> Ad-Free
7th August 2020, 06:58 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Best pixel for davinci so far!!!!
Smooth fast stable no bug (if it's fixed early).
Marco + vantom best duo!
7th August 2020, 06:58 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Man, I don't post stuff like this but this flawless execution of a ROM deserves at least the highest praise. Super smooth, and dev is extremely responsive in the Telegram room. Also really friendly community ready to help out with anything.

In the month that I've used it, I've encountered a total of 0 bugs and quite possibly the best experience I have had in custom firmware, ever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jadfast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jadfast Ad-Free
7th August 2020, 07:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It's the best ROM for davinci you'll ever find. The dev is also very humble and kind (unlike other "famous" ones) and everything just works great.

Ok Marco, sgancia i soldi per la recensione
The Following User Says Thank You to ishter86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ishter86 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)