FORUMS

Battery drain , update?

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Abyss_Sn, Junior Member on 4th May 2020, 02:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone i have the battery drain issue for my mi 9t with android 10 i'm actually at miui 11.0.5 qjfeuxm. I have done a lot , like switch sim card to Lte disable bloatware even a complete reinstall , but the drain is still here ,cleared some caches(google services, google, play services) and reboot . Are you aware of a future fix? or a miracle solution?
4th May 2020, 11:36 PM |#2  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 1,924

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss_Sn

Hello everyone i have the battery drain issue for my mi 9t with android 10 i'm actually at miui 11.0.5 qjfeuxm. I have done a lot , like switch sim card to Lte disable bloatware even a complete reinstall , but the drain is still here ,cleared some caches(google services, google, play services) and reboot . Are you aware of a future fix? or a miracle solution?

Check your autostart apps, check the battery optimizations apps, disable app vault, disable wifi scanning in location...

Sent from my Mi 9T using XDA Labs
4th May 2020, 11:47 PM |#3  

More
This issue is related to 11.0.5.0 update. We can't do anything but to wait for next update, although make sure all your Google apps are upto date, especially if you're having animations lag. Problem seems to be compatibility related with installed apps, you'll also notice improved battery life once you update all the installed apps and if there's any lag, that'll be fixed too.
5th May 2020, 07:13 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Well the point is that I've already done all of that I don't know what to do next to improve that battery
5th May 2020, 08:39 AM |#5  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 236

More
Quote:

Well the point is that I've already done all of that I don't know what to do next to improve that battery

If your phone's bootloader is unlocked, you can try to use a custom kernel (safer if you backup "boot" and "dtbo" partition before installing custom kernel) and/or a debloat script (I don't like it because you can broke some MIUI functionalities and get a bootloop...) to improve battery life.
5th May 2020, 04:04 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
I would like to keek the bootloader locked and I already debloat some bloatware with Xiaomi adb fastboot tools with a sure list of safe to debloat but nothing changed very much I Always have Android system approximately at 30% of battery usage
5th May 2020, 06:59 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Did you remove Chrome also with adb tools? Reduced Android system to 15% for me.
7th May 2020, 04:41 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:

I would like to keek the bootloader locked and I already debloat some bloatware with Xiaomi adb fastboot tools with a sure list of safe to debloat but nothing changed very much I Always have Android system approximately at 30% of battery usage

I think "Download latest package" in the updater and actually performing it is worth a shot.

FYI: I'm on stock 11.0.4.0 EU with locked bootloader.
7th May 2020, 01:22 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windroid-user

I think "Download latest package" in the updater and actually performing it is worth a shot.

FYI: I'm on stock 11.0.4.0 EU with locked bootloader.

I'have already done that too , i tried almost everything i found about it but none of them is working and no update from xiaomi.
8th May 2020, 08:42 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

I was woried about Android System usage being to big, so I did what you did I debloated miui, and my Android system usage was still very high. But i tested how much screen on time I get and it was around 8-9 hours so I think it's quite good. Also I discovered that if you use Google podcasts then the time you listen goes in to Android system time.
8th May 2020, 08:45 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sireper

I was woried about Android System usage being to big, so I did what you did I debloated miui, and my Android system usage was still very high. But i tested how much screen on time I get and it was around 8-9 hours so I think it's quite good. Also I discovered that if you use Google podcasts then the time you listen goes in to Android system time.

I can barely have a sot of 5-6 hours ... But what's Google podcast ? Is there a way to disable it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)