[GUIDE] Flash Official Xiaomi Firmwares with a locked bootloader GLOBAL/CN

Search This thread

albysprx

Nov 10, 2012
Hi, in this guide I will show you how to flash different official firmware (Global and CN) without having to unlock the bootloader.

DISCLAIMER:
Just to be sure, I am not responsible for any bricks or damage to your smartphone. Use this guide at your own risk.

REMEMBER:
There are restrictions in flashing firmwares with a locked bootloader! Install only the correct one or the installation will fail:
Redmi K20 - Chinese firmware
Mi 9T - Global firmware

REQUIREMENTS:
Xiaomi MI9T/K20
Latest XiaoMiTool V2 (Thanks Francesco Tescari)
Debug USB (you can enable it in Developers settings)

STEPS:
1- Download and install latest XiaoMiToolV2 from the provided link and run it
2- Choose a region (I selected Europe)
3- Connect the phone with Debug USB enabled and choose "My device works normally, I want to mod it"
16722731.png

4- It will start checking connected devices
16722729.png
16722732.png

5- Your phone will reboot to fastboot mode and the device information will be collected
16722733.png

6- Your will reboot to Recovery mode in which you will need to select "Connect with MiAssistant"
16722734.png

7- Select "Official Firmwares" and it will start searching them
16722736.png
16722739.png

8- Select the official xiaomi firmware that you want (Global/CN)
16722740.png

9- Your data will be deleted
16722738.png

10- Download the firmware
16722742.png

11- At the end of the download it will reboot in "Connect with MiAssistant" mode and the installation process wil begin
16722743.png
16722744.png

12- A success message will appear and the device will reboot with the new firmware!
16722832.png

THANKS TO:
Dima_Apatity of the 4PDA forum for steps and screenshots
Francesco Tescari for XiaoMiTool V2

Last edited:

albysprx

Nov 10, 2012
can i use this method to flash Redmi k20 pro?

I did not understand your question, with this method you can only flash the CN firmware on the K20 and the global firmware on the Mi9T without unlocking the bootloader.
If you're wondering if this method also works on the k20 pro, I think so, but probably with the same restrictions (Mi9T PRO, only Global firmware and K20 PRO, only CN firmware)

mona356

I did not understand your question, with this method you can only flash the CN firmware on the K20 and the global firmware on the Mi9T without unlocking the bootloader.
If you're wondering if this method also works on the k20 pro, I think so, but probably with the same restrictions (Mi9T PRO, only Global firmware and K20 PRO, only CN firmware)
So it means I can't flash global rom on k20 pro if i have CN rom?

albysprx

Nov 10, 2012
ok, I tried to install a firmware that is not global on my Mi9T with this method, the installation does not start, so there is no brick risk

Reactions: mona356

cmmalakyentat

Sep 6, 2019
هل يمكن استخدامه لتثبيت عالمي على الصين؟

Mod edit (translation): Can it be used for universal installation on China?

Mod note: please use English as this is an English only forum. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

haharoldkini

Aug 4, 2018
My device is K20

Is there no problem if I use this method with my K20 device with CN rom? I just want to flash the MI9T rom with my K20.

YuraBY

Oct 25, 2019
I've tried to switch from official Global to official EEA using this method with locked bootloader - it did not worked. Says additional step required - unlock bootloader.

md sabuj

Apr 5, 2015
Dhaka
www.facebook.com
rollback error

I have unlocked the bootloader of my MI 9T and installed a MI CUSTOM ROM, Now i want to go back to Official stock firmware. I have tried through Xiaomi Flash Tool but it gives me always a Rollback error.
Is this method will work for me?

Reactions: stayfidz

allansrcx

Nov 30, 2019
Exactly, you have to unlock the bootloader and flash the firmware from twrp

I haven't tried it myself, but it should work without problems, let me know :)

I have installed on my redmi K20 Pro a Global Rom using Fastboot Tools from Xiaomi.
(I got no system boot again, only recovery and bootloader works.)

So I have to flash using Global or CN ROM using your flash tool?

thanks in advice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, in this guide I will show you how to flash different official firmware (Global and CN) without having to unlock the bootloader.

DISCLAIMER:
    Just to be sure, I am not responsible for any bricks or damage to your smartphone. Use this guide at your own risk.

REMEMBER:
    There are restrictions in flashing firmwares with a locked bootloader! Install only the correct one or the installation will fail:
    Redmi K20 - Chinese firmware
    Mi 9T - Global firmware

REQUIREMENTS:
    Xiaomi MI9T/K20
    Latest XiaoMiTool V2 (Thanks Francesco Tescari)
    Debug USB (you can enable it in Developers settings)

STEPS:
    1- Download and install latest XiaoMiToolV2 from the provided link and run it
    2- Choose a region (I selected Europe)
    3- Connect the phone with Debug USB enabled and choose "My device works normally, I want to mod it"
    16722731.png

4- It will start checking connected devices
    16722729.png
    16722732.png

5- Your phone will reboot to fastboot mode and the device information will be collected
    16722733.png

6- Your will reboot to Recovery mode in which you will need to select "Connect with MiAssistant"
    16722734.png

7- Select "Official Firmwares" and it will start searching them
    16722736.png
    16722739.png

8- Select the official xiaomi firmware that you want (Global/CN)
    16722740.png

9- Your data will be deleted
    16722738.png

10- Download the firmware
    16722742.png

11- At the end of the download it will reboot in "Connect with MiAssistant" mode and the installation process wil begin
    16722743.png
    16722744.png

12- A success message will appear and the device will reboot with the new firmware!
    16722832.png

THANKS TO:
    Dima_Apatity of the 4PDA forum for steps and screenshots
    Francesco Tescari for XiaoMiTool V2
    nice guide, but i don't recommend flashing any firmware with locked bootloader, if bricked you will be in big problem.
    ok, I tried to install a firmware that is not global on my Mi9T with this method, the installation does not start, so there is no brick risk
    rollback error

I have unlocked the bootloader of my MI 9T and installed a MI CUSTOM ROM, Now i want to go back to Official stock firmware. I have tried through Xiaomi Flash Tool but it gives me always a Rollback error.
    Is this method will work for me?
    I was trying to flash global global rom using mi flash tool but by mistake i checked flash and lock box and the flashing process took 1.5 hours but ends with error, bootloader locked and stuck on fastboot.
    The question in those cases is:
    What happened? What was the last thing you've done or tried to do?