* TWRP is now officially supported, make sure you flash that version if you're using an older, unofficial TWRP.
1. Obtain the ROM you want to install. Make sure the download is from miui.com
- Official site -> My phone is the EEA version, so I use the 'Mi 9T EEA' tab. The website does not update links immediately after a ROM update is released, so you may have to do a bit of digging if you want a very recent update.
- You can also check ROM links on third party sites like ezbox.idv.tw, again, make sure the actual download links are from miui.com and not somewhere else.
- Latest EEA ROM(Android 10) as of 2020-01-20 - V22.214.171.124.QFJEUXM
- Either run 'adb reboot recovery'
- Or power phone off and boot into TWRP by holding PWR+VOL_UP during boot
adb push ~/Downloads/miui_DAVINCIEEAGlobal_V126.96.36.199.QFJEUXM_5001481fbb_10.0.zip /sdcard/
5. Flash Magisk if you use it, because flashing the ROM deletes it.
6. Remove the update file:
adb shell rm /sdcard/miui_DAVINCIEEAGlobal_V188.8.131.52.QFJEUXM_5001481fbb_10.0.zip
Also check out my debloat list and my detailed phone settings.