Some news sites report this mod is made by other developers, but I actually made it myself, at least for the Mi 9T / K20.
Hi everyone! I was able to reverse engineer the mod used on Mi 9 and K20 Pro and apply it to the K20.
The mod works, but is not "the cleanest solution" since it's hardcoded. I'm currently working on compiling a cleaner mod. Since the mod is based on the MIUI.eu stable version 10.3.12, it's suggested to use it only on this one for now. You can try on other previous versions, but in case of fails revert back to backup.
I'm copying the instructions from the K20 Pro thread:
- 75hz working perfectly
- Minimal battery drain due to slight overclock from original(60hz)
Use it at your own risk! It is unknown if it causes any long term or temporary damage to the screen yet. (But since it uses the same screen as the mi9, which has the same mod released a while back, it should be fine!)
MAKE A BACKUP OF DTBO PARTITION FIRST!! (Two Methods choose one)
- Boot to TWRP
- Select Backup
- Select only the DTBO partition
- Select storage location, click backup
>>>Via Lanthanum System Toolbox App
- Download the attached Lanthanum System Toolbox.apk file, install the apk, then open it
- Select partition settings from the hamburger menu
- Select dtbo, make a backup of it (Export image)
FLASH THE MOD
- Connect phone(bootloader mode) to computer
- Open up command prompt
- Type fastboot devices to ensure device is connected
- Type: Fastboot flash dtbo dtbo_mod_75hz.img
You should see the changes immediately after the restart. It's way smoother than before.
If you want to go back to default, flash your backed up dtbo image file either via fastboot or TWRP restore partiton
DOWNLOAD (extract the two files *.img and the apk)