#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is... still valid? * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
The code is based off directly from AOSP. We strive to keep the Pixel Dust Experience as close as possible to Android as Google intended. We add a decent selection of the coolest custom ROM features that would've been missed if they hadn't been included. Thanks to all development teams, e.g. ABC ROM, AICP, AOKP, AOSPA, BenzoROM, CarbonROM, crDroid, DirtyUnicorns, LOS, OmniROM and PureNexus, we borrowed a few features and tweaks from.
The Pixel Dust Crew would highly appreciate if you would take a little of your time and leave your valuable feedback, your honest opinion or just say hello. If you should encounter a bug, or some kind of glitch that seems to be abnormal and you are pretty sure that it is related to the ROM (and not related to any special apps or mods you flashed on top), then please give as many details as possible.
Special shoutouts to Roger.T for his amazingly designed wallpapers, logos and the best bootanimation I ever had on a custom rom!!! If you like our work, please consider to buy Roger the first beer, and a few more for the other team members and the developer of PixelDust @spezi77 . Cheers!
Listing of Features:
* Monthly Android security updates
* Google Apps included (no need to flash any third party GApps)
* All Pixel features present, e.g.:
* Google's unlimited photos
* Additonal themes (Light, Dark, Black, ShishuNights, Chocolate) and AccentPicker
* Google Camera, Pixel Launcher and Wallpapers (taken from the Pixel 3 factory image)
* Google App: reach it by swiping to the left of the home screen
>>> Features added to the general ROM Settings <<<
Network & internet
* Show 4G Instead of LTE
* Ambient Display/Lockscreen - Display weather information
* Ambient Display - Now Playing (Be notified of music being played around you)
* Always On Display
Additional QS tiles
* Ambient Display
* Always On Display
* Enhanced battery saver
* Expanded Desktop
* Heads up
* PixelDust Settings
* Screenshot (Partial/Full)
* Smart Pixels
* and many more
* Lockscreen PIN quick unlock
* Enabled easy swipe to unlock or to pattern / pin on the keyguard lockscreen, previously requiring multiple attempts
* Automatic face unlocking preference
* Swipe fingerpint for notifications
* Jump to camera
* Swipe up on Home button (Pixel 3 default navigation)
* Double tap to check phone
* Lift to check phone
* Prevent ringing
Notification & battery LED options
* Notification light pulse and speed
* Set per app notification colors
* Pulse if battery light low
* Set battery light colors
Pixel Dust Wallpapers
* A set of 30 breathtaking space themed Wallpapers (set wallpaper for the 1st time: scrollable; set the same wallpaper for the 2nd time: centered)
>>> Pixel Dust ROM custom features <<<
* Status bar icon whitelist
* Network activity in status bar
* Clock & date settings
* Battery settings (icon style & battery percentage)
* Disable QS on secure lockscreen
* Brightness slider on/off toggle
* Brightness icon on/off toggle
* Vibrate when touching QS tiles
* QS rows and columns
* Show tiles title
* Quick pulldown from right side (users will be asked whether to allow this option On The Spot)
* Screen off power button torch
* Volume rocker settings (control DND mode; volume wake, playback control: seek/skip music tracks)
* Back button kill (for stock navbar)
* Navbar on/off
* Use swipe up gestures for navigation (Pixel 3 navigation mode)
* Navbar buttons
* Pixel navbar animation toggle
* Status bar dt2s
* Lock screen dt2s
* Three finger gesture to screenshot
* Left & right lock screen shortcuts
* Lockscreen charging info
* Fingerprint authentication vibration
* Media cover art
* Face auto unlock
* OmniJaws weather options
* Power Menu options incl. advanced Restart options and many more
* Disable power menu on lockscreen
* Hide apps from recents
* Heads up - Timeout
* Heads up - Snooze
* Heads up - Blacklist
* Smart Pixels
Terms & conditions:
By downloading this custom ROM you agree that I, the maintainer of Pixel Dust GSI, am not liable in any way, shape or form for any damage done to your device. The Pixel Dust ROM is provided free of charge and does not come with a warranty.
*system image (in .xz format, So please extract it to get system.img before flashing)
*vendor image (thanks to @sooti for providing a non-forced encryption vendor)
* You are familiar with helping yourself out of awkward situations.. You won't defame or complain at the developer of this ROM for your misfortunes.
* You are familiar with using fastboot
* Bootloader unlocked
* You have created a backup of your ROM & data
* Before you are ready to flash this GSI, remove all security patterns/pins/passwords. It's better that you have an un-encrypted device.
* TWRP with Tissot Manager by @CosmicDan
Flashing PixelDust GSI:
1. You should have already repartitioned and CosmicDan's TWRP must be installed. See the thread above for more information.
2. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik Cache and Vendor. (Format data to remove encryption. Backup your data before formatting).
3. Flash the boot.img in boot partition.
4. Flash system.img in system partition.
5. Flash vendor.zip
6. Flash any treble compatible kernel.
7. Boot to system.
8. Install ims.apk if you want volte.
9. After setting up the device, flash magisk (optional).
Note: There is no force encryption by the GSI or vendor. So if you are encrypted, encryption will stay. Remove all security passwords before booting to TWRP.
*Google Camera 6.1 preinstalled force closes on tissot. (Install any other camera app. It will fixed in later updates)
XDA: DevDB Information
Pixel Dust GSI with Vendor, ROM for Xiaomi Mi A1
@spezi77 for such a wonderful project, @phhusson for his awesome work on GSI,donate to this guy, @sooti for his vendor and boot images, @flex1911 for bringing 8.1 kernel source for tissot, Ranjan for the ims.apk, @amarbajpai
Thanks to @Jay_1212 for links, @rakee for images and all my testers.
For any issues and bugs reporting, join our Telegram group for GSI
Source Code: https://github.com/pixeldustproject-p
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Based On: AOSP
Current Stable Version: release two
Stable Release Date: 2018-10-25
Last Updated 2018-11-14