[KERNEL][MiA1] FrancoKernel ⚡️- r13 - 15th November - Stock, custom roms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SwastikAcharya

May 29, 2013
Kolkata, India.
But is a half solution...Other kernels boot just fine alongside magisk.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi A1 using XDA Labs

Actually, that wasn't any solution, I just posted the reason.

But finally got the solution.
It's our fault that we didn't follow the steps correctly.
First flash magisk, then the kernel.
So, the procedure should be: Flash ROM, twrp, reboot recovery, Flash gapps, magisk, kernel, reboot.
Install magisk app afterwards.

Reactions: sauru.660

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
I am in 8.0.0 but it tells me that there is a kernel update, update or as the post says, is it only for 8.1?

Update.

Thank you Sir @franciscofranco for the Great Contribution on Mi A1 :good: Since I'm a big fan of ur Servicely & Naptime

After I purchased and installed Fk app i got shocked no support for my phone ; then boot into twrp temporary method to just flash the zip without any slot changes and rebooted normally and without any problem it was booted fine and not installed magisk because it was already installed, then open the fk app and voila !! got updated and flashed new version with FK updater and reboot ..without any problem my device performing well ..:highfive: Attached some SS.

**I faced a minor problem .In per-app profile I changed Substatum & Andromeda to powersaver mode and Its not opening but leave that in default state it works automatically.. and Honestly Sound gain and Headphone gain control section I leave it to 0 because I'm using Fiio Ex 2nd gen HP with boom sound :laugh: stock HP sound is enough .

I'm Using Stock Android+magisk without twrp and don't know why some people facing slot a/b problems . My phone is already rooted with magisk so just flash the zip without slot changes using temporary twrp in bootloader thats how it works perfectly.

I can't reproduce your issue with per app profiles. You enabled the accessibility service?

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite
@franciscofranco - small update - system health stats are working fine when I set SE Linux to permissive. As soon as I set it back to enforcing, stats won't show. I tried Kernel adiutor and it shows realtime CPU stats with enforcing SE Linux without issues, so there doesn't seem to be a problem with my phone setup. Could you please have a look on it?

Iesedobleac

Nov 22, 2012
I will tell how I installed it and my experience:

First of all, I wanted to install my stock rom, so I installed it from 0. Once installed, with the Aridane application, I installed Magisk next to the My A1 Fixes module. Then I installed the Google Camera and then the Kernel app. From the application I installed the kernel and everything without problems. What happens then I have installed in Magisk the SE Linux Permissive plugin and on rebooting had been in the logo of Android One, I had to turn off and on and has gone from there Can it be for any reason in particular? Then it worked normally.

berezker

Aug 19, 2012
FOR ANYONE HAVING ISSUES INSTALLING THE KERNEL
Almost half of this thread is filled with guys who complain about bootloops and not being able to install it and I'll just give you a COMPLETE guide on how to install the kernel without any issues (Also including how to install twrp and get root)

Make sure to get the 2 files necessary for twrp here : https://xdaforums.com/mi-a1/development/recovery-twrp-3-1-1-0-touch-recovery-t3688472

The files are :
recovery-3.2.1-1.img
twrp-3.2.1-1-installer.zip (Copy this into your phone before you begin)

1- If you are on stock rom, Dirty flash using MiFlash (The option is called save user data)
2- After your phone starts, make sure you enable oem unlocking from developer settings
3- Put your phone into fastboot mode by holding power+Volume down
4- Go to ADB folder on your pc and right click while holding shift button and click on "open powershell window here"
5- Type "Fastboot oem unlock" to unlock your bootloader
6- Reboot once more into fastboot mode (Type "Fastboot reboot bootloader")
7- Type "fastboot boot recovery-3.2.1-2-oreo.img" to boot into recovery mode (It boots into twrp automatically)
8- Once you are in twrp, click on reboot and change to the opposite slot (If you are in slot A, then change to B and vice versa)
9- Flash "Twrp-recoveryInstaller-3.2.1-2-oreo"
10- Flash Magisk Zip
11- Flash FrancoKernel

And that's pretty much it

Deni_NS

Apr 23, 2010
Novi Sad
@franciscofranco

Two questions mister Franco :

1. What benefits we have in enabling zRAM? I see it is enabled by default (~500MB). We have in our device 4 gigs so i don't think that we have too much benefit from having zRAM.

2. I would like to know about touch boost. Yes i know it should decrease lag in swiping and using device but, do we need that? i think it is about 1000Mhz, but should be better if we disable it? Disabling it wouldn't ramp on 1000 MHz maybe to stay in lower value (min frequency 652).

Anyway installed on AEX and a little stutter is there (this is why i asked you 'bout touch boost). Before i was on stock kernel from AEX (the one that comes with ROM) and there wasn't any stutter.

It was clean install.

P. S.

i know that this is first release, so i hope it will get better and better after couple of more releases.

Iesedobleac

Nov 22, 2012
FOR ANYONE HAVING ISSUES INSTALLING THE KERNEL
Almost half of this thread is filled with guys who complain about bootloops and not being able to install it and I'll just give you a COMPLETE guide on how to install the kernel without any issues (Also including how to install twrp and get root)

Make sure to get the 2 files necessary for twrp here : https://xdaforums.com/mi-a1/development/recovery-twrp-3-1-1-0-touch-recovery-t3688472

The files are :
recovery-3.2.1-1.img
twrp-3.2.1-1-installer.zip (Copy this into your phone before you begin)

1- If you are on stock rom, Dirty flash using MiFlash (The option is called save user data)
2- After your phone starts, make sure you enable oem unlocking from developer settings
3- Put your phone into fastboot mode by holding power+Volume down
4- Go to ADB folder on your pc and right click while holding shift button and click on "open powershell window here"
5- Type "Fastboot oem unlock" to unlock your bootloader
6- Reboot once more into fastboot mode (Type "Fastboot reboot bootloader")
7- Type "fastboot boot recovery-3.2.1-2-oreo.img" to boot into recovery mode (It boots into twrp automatically)
8- Once you are in twrp, click on reboot and change to the opposite slot (If you are in slot A, then change to B and vice versa)
9- Flash "Twrp-recoveryInstaller-3.2.1-2-oreo"
10- Flash Magisk Zip
11- Flash FrancoKernel

And that's pretty much it

What would happen if a "flash all" is done instead of a dirty installation?

Last edited:

valkyrjur

Jan 10, 2011
London
Actually, that wasn't any solution, I just posted the reason.

But finally got the solution.
It's our fault that we didn't follow the steps correctly.
First flash magisk, then the kernel.
So, the procedure should be: Flash ROM, twrp, reboot recovery, Flash gapps, magisk, kernel, reboot.
Install magisk app afterwards.
Awkward, because with stock ROM the procedure is install Franco kernel and then magisk...
The kernel must be patched by magisk.
Sent from my Xiaomi Mi A1 using XDA Labs

Thank you, it seems it works great for the moment with last lineage 15.1 version.
I formated cache/dalvick and system then flashed my favorite custom rom, twrp then rebooted to recovery and flashed gapps nano, magisk and finished by flashing this kernel.
Time to test the good work now! Thank you again!

:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good: :silly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Compatibility:
    Builds starting with r1 up to r7 are compatible with stock Android Oreo 8.0.0.
    Builds starting with r2 are compatible with Android Oreo 8.1.0 custom roms.
    Builds starting with r8 are compatible with stock Android Oreo 8.1.0.

Download:
    https://francokernel.app

Installation:
    Not rooted or using another custom Kernel
    1 - Dirty flash your rom
    2 - Go through the whole recovery installation procedure
    3 - Flash Magisk
    4 - Flash the zip in your recovery
    Rooted and upgrading FK
    1 - Flash the zip in your recovery
    or
    Auto-flash from Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel -> it's magical

Features:
    1 - Legendary battery life
    2 - Flash & forget
    3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
    4 - Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
    5 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
    6 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
    7 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
    8 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
    9 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
    10 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
    https://francokernel.app
    Scroll down, choose your device & select the latest release to see the changelog.

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/tissot

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel

Follow me on the interwebs
    Google+
    Twitter

Google+ FK community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Disclaimer to moderators:
    Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!
    Stock rom:
    This Kernel doesn't touch WiFi in any shape or form, it uses the built-in WiFi module that's present on stock rom. If you're using a custom Kernel that messes with the WiFi stack (eg. injecting a custom WiFi module) you must dirty flash your rom first to ensure WiFi will work properly. You've been warned.
    New update for stock Android 8.1!

1. Completely rebased on top of the new 8.1 Kernel sources
    2. For stock rom
    3. Upstreamed to 3.18.119
    4. Magisk is maintained when this is flashed
    5. Magical as always

While I've been "away" due to getting married, honeymoon, settling in, waiting for the updated sources to be available, my app has been hugely updated with new features!

You can easily auto-flash this new update with my app http://get.franciscofranco.xyz or grabbing the zip from the OP.

I'll be evaluating what needs to be done for custom roms and release an update in the next couple days.
    New release!
    Pushed r12 with the latest CAF code drop and 3.1.8.124! Auto-flash with my app here http://get.franciscofranco.xyz or get the zip from the OP.
    For r13 I'll add support for treble since things are a bit more mature now.

Thanks ya'll, have a great weekend!
    Pushed r6 - auto-flash with my app http://get.franciscofranco.xyz
    1. In case a custom rom/script tries to apply a non-existent governor make sure it doesn't stay with Performance governor
    2. Update to 3.18.106