Post Reply Email Thread
16th May 2018, 11:05 AM |#1161  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Salé
Thanks Meter: 2,965

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikashyadav

Why no new kernel. Is coming r u stopped. Mi A1 kernel. Support..??

According to social networks he seems busy with others projects... But update should be up soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastaerd

Why should there be a new kernel if the "old" one works perfectly fine?

Last 3.18.109 upstream maybe + some bugs fix
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midomad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Midomad Ad-Free

16th May 2018, 07:39 PM |#1162  
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I can't find option to enable d2tw? Is this a thing in this kernel?
17th May 2018, 01:26 AM |#1163  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebenmik

I can't find option to enable d2tw? Is this a thing in this kernel?

Dt2w is available only in custom roms
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raxcoms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raxcoms Ad-Free
17th May 2018, 09:12 PM |#1164  

More
Lost wifi 8.5.11 leaked xiaomi android 8.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Hi all.

Compatibility:
Builds starting with r1 are compatible with stock Android Oreo 8.0.0.
Builds starting with r2 are compatible with Android Oreo 8.1.0 custom roms.

Download:
From my webserver choose the Kernel with the most recent version number. Older releases for older Android versions are in the parent directory:
Stock: https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/MiA1/8.0.0/anyKernel/
Custom roms: Stock: https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/MiA1/8.1.0/anyKernel/
or from my Updater app. It's just easier and more convenient:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....franco.kernel

Installation:
Not rooted or using another custom Kernel
1 - Dirty flash your rom
2 - Go through the whole recovery installation procedure
3 - Flash Magisk
4 - Flash the zip in your recovery
Rooted and upgrading FK
1 - Flash the zip in your recovery
or
Auto-flash from Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel -> it's magical

Features:
1 - Legendary battery life
2 - Flash & forget
3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
4 - Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
5 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
6 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
7 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
8 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
9 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
10 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
Stock: https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/MiA1/...iles/changelog
Changelog: https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/MiA1/...iles/changelog

Source:
https://github.com/franciscofranco/tissot

Kernel Manager for Franco Kernel

Follow me on the interwebs
Google+
Twitter

Google+ FK community
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...12071636110546

Disclaimer to moderators:
Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!

LOST WIFI 8.5.11 LEAKED XIAOMI ANDROID 8.1
autoflashed and reboot lost wifi cant power on .
17th May 2018, 09:18 PM |#1165  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Salé
Thanks Meter: 2,965

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3B3RT

LOST WIFI 8.5.11 LEAKED XIAOMI ANDROID 8.1
autoflashed and reboot lost wifi cant power on .

Did you read somewhere that leaked 8.1 is supported?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Midomad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Midomad Ad-Free
19th May 2018, 12:26 PM |#1166  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midomad

Did you read somewhere that leaked 8.1 is supported?

im sorry my bad I just read 8.1.0 and buy the app from.play store.
waiting for a update from.franko.
thanks fir the answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to 3B3RT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3B3RT Ad-Free
20th May 2018, 07:41 AM |#1167  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tez not working with franco r7
How to run tez using kranco kernel?
20th May 2018, 12:13 PM |#1168  
Flag City Of Joy
Thanks Meter: 162

More
A small question..Is it bad for the device or battery if I change kernel teice within 24 hours time? When I was on RR, Mountaser Halak once told me that people who keep changing kernels by dirty flashing, may have issue with the battery and its best to clean flash in that case. So, according to his point, what I understand is, a dirty flash may not always clean the previous Kernel completely from the device and can conflict with the new kernel. Can someone please confirm if it is true. I flashed Franco and Void within 24 hours of time. Ofcourse I did dirty flash before flashing a new kernel. But I still want to know if it is safe or if I need to do a clean flash of stock ROM and start over again
20th May 2018, 01:19 PM |#1169  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdyy Ronnie

A small question..Is it bad for the device or battery if I change kernel teice within 24 hours time? When I was on RR, Mountaser Halak once told me that people who keep changing kernels by dirty flashing, may have issue with the battery and its best to clean flash in that case. So, according to his point, what I understand is, a dirty flash may not always clean the previous Kernel completely from the device and can conflict with the new kernel. Can someone please confirm if it is true. I flashed Franco and Void within 24 hours of time. Ofcourse I did dirty flash before flashing a new kernel. But I still want to know if it is safe or if I need to do a clean flash of stock ROM and start over again

Always perform a clean flash, even if we are talking about roms or kernels. This way, both rom and kernel will grow up together, perfect combine with each other, perfect symbiosis. If you switch kernels without a clean flash, if a kernel is not born in the same time with a rom on your device this will not be a perfect match and it will be like a surgery without anesthesia for you device and os.

A clean flash is always a perfect symbiosis, a healty solution and the best way for a good hygiene:

1. Wipe everything
2. Clean flash stock rom
3. Wipe everything again
4. Clean flash custom rom + custom kernel (both to be born in the same time on your device).
5. Enjoy!
20th May 2018, 01:31 PM |#1170  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdyy Ronnie

Here's what I do when switching kernels

1. Dirty flash stock / custom ROM (in this case just the boot partition for MiA1 from Nandroid)

2 Follow it up by flashing the zip mentioned here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=35648172

3. Reboot

Haven't had a problem yet, though I don't flash kernels very frequently, but then I do play around with kernel features and the zip makes sure no settings of old kernel remain
20th May 2018, 02:42 PM |#1171  
Flag City Of Joy
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshyams

Here's what I do when switching kernels

1. Dirty flash stock / custom ROM (in this case just the boot partition for MiA1 from Nandroid)

2 Follow it up by flashing the zip mentioned here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=35648172

3. Reboot

Haven't had a problem yet, though I don't flash kernels very frequently, but then I do play around with kernel features and the zip makes sure no settings of old kernel remain

That's exactly what I wanted and thank dog I posted my query here in addition to Void Kernel thread. So, like I said, I was on Franco kernel and after dirty flashing everything, now I am on Void (using it almost for a day). Can I just reboot to recovery and flash the zip right away? Or is there anything that I need to do prior to flashing? And yeah, just to let you know that I haven't faced any issue or anything after switching kernel. But just wantd to confirm. And thank you giys for taking your time to answer my question.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)