FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[KERNEL][MiA1] FrancoKernel ⚡️- r7 - 1st May - Stock & custom roms

23,457 posts
Thanks Meter: 129,298
 
Post Reply Email Thread
8th April 2018, 03:01 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Awesome 😍😍
Waiting for fast charge support .
 
 
8th April 2018, 03:05 AM |#22  
GamingDevilsCC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 444
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo27

That's odd. I think you may be correct. It reverted back to my original mac address from before I flashed the previous kernel I was using. I saw it from an old entry in my router's config page.

By the way. Did you do something to make the device boot faster or am I just experiencing a placebo effect of sorts?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you are correct looking at this commit. I'm assuming it works similarly to Windows 10 fast startup.
The Following User Says Thank You to GamingDevilsCC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GamingDevilsCC Ad-Free
8th April 2018, 03:06 AM |#23  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 129,298
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo27

That's odd. I think you may be correct. It reverted back to my original mac address from before I flashed the previous kernel I was using. I saw it from an old entry in my router's config page.

By the way. Did you do something to make the device boot faster or am I just experiencing a placebo effect of sorts?

I don't recall having done anything for faster boot.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2018, 03:09 AM |#24  
oreo27's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingDevilsCC

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you are correct looking at this commit. I'm assuming it works similarly to Windows 10 fast startup.

Makes sense. I wonder how one can force a hard restart?

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

I don't recall having done anything for faster boot.

Placebo effect it is. Well, I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of Magisk as well so that may have helped. Thanks for the Kernel!
8th April 2018, 03:12 AM |#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Sir @franciscofranco I had a bootloop upon flashing your kernel. Here are my steps:

1. Dirty flash fastboot rom using V9.5.9.0.ODHMIFA (Android O) from http://en.miui.com/download-333.html via MiFlash (save user data).
2. Boot to bootloader, fastboot oem unlock
3. Boot latest twrp recovery, fastboot boot recovery-3.2.1-2-oreo.img
4. Switch to system_b, then boot again to recovery by all means.
5. Flash franco Kernel.
6. Flash latest Magisk beta, 16.3.

Am I doing it wrong? Thanks sir.
8th April 2018, 03:16 AM |#26  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 129,298
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulicow

Sir @franciscofranco I had a bootloop upon flashing your kernel. Here are my steps:

1. Dirty flash fastboot rom using V9.5.9.0.ODHMIFA (Android O) from http://en.miui.com/download-333.html via MiFlash (save user data).
2. Boot to bootloader, fastboot oem unlock
3. Boot latest twrp recovery, fastboot boot recovery-3.2.1-2-oreo.img
4. Switch to system_b, then boot again to recovery.
5. Flash franco Kernel.
6. Flash latest Magisk beta, 16.3.

Am I doing it wrong? Thanks sir.

You don't need to switch to system_b... also flash Magisk before flashing FK.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2018, 03:17 AM |#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulicow

Sir @franciscofranco I had a bootloop upon flashing your kernel. Here are my steps:

1. Dirty flash fastboot rom using V9.5.9.0.ODHMIFA (Android O) from http://en.miui.com/download-333.html via MiFlash (save user data).
2. Boot to bootloader, fastboot oem unlock
3. Boot latest twrp recovery, fastboot boot recovery-3.2.1-2-oreo.img
4. Switch to system_b, then boot again to recovery.
5. Flash franco Kernel.
6. Flash latest Magisk beta, 16.3.

Am I doing it wrong? Thanks sir.

You shoul flash magisk first before the kernel....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i04055 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift i04055 Ad-Free
8th April 2018, 03:21 AM |#28  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
so dirty flash with miflash ? how about dirty flasb with twrp can it be ?
8th April 2018, 03:23 AM |#29  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Oeiras, Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 129,298
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipers_

so dirty flash with miflash ? how about dirty flasb with twrp can it be ?

Yes... I thought we were all past that already this late at the game...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2018, 03:25 AM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

You don't need to switch to system_b... also flash Magisk before flashing FK.

Ok, thanks a lot. It works fine now when flashed on system_a. Thanks for this awesome kernel sir.
8th April 2018, 03:26 AM |#31  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Yes... I thought we were all past that already this late at the game...

so if dirty flash with twrp can not?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes