voidKernel is the very simple custom kernel for Mi A1 main goals of which are security and stability.
Since r3.1 this kernel supports Oreo-based custom ROMs as well, but stock version still remains the main development branch.
- Based on the latest CAF tag (as of r16 - LA.UM.6.6.r1-08300-89xx.0)
- Up to date with the latest Linux version (as of r16 - 3.18.108)
- WireGuard VPN tunnel support included
- LZ4 compression for ZRAM enabled by default
- KCAL color control
- Vibration intensity control for qpnp-haptics interface
- Some essential patches that you can also find in Google kernels
- Westwood TCP congestion algorithm enabled by default
- No excessive and useless bloat
Since this is the first release, there are not so many features, but you definitely shouldn't expect anything like this in the further versions:
- Overclocking/Underclocking of both GPU and CPU
- Anything that requires diverging from the stock/CAF configuration (e.g new governors, schedulers)
- Anything that can potentially hurt performance/battery life
For custom ROMs you should download voidKernel_custom-tissot-xxx.zip!
- Flash voidKernel-xxx.zip via TWRP
- Flash Magisk zip via TWRP (optional)
Disclaimer: This will break OTA on stock even if you use Magisk, so I would recommend doing a boot backup before doing anything else!