Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ProttoyX

Jul 6, 2018
Dhaka
smj.xyz
Can I dirty flash it over AEX with VoidKernel r22 :confused:

There's no such thing as “dirty flash“ for kernels as I know! I mean how can someone remove the kernel to clean flash?

That's why the OP says installation and updating method is same! Follow that!
The only thing you can do (which is also unnecessary as you have voidKernel flashable) is backing up your existing boot!

Saswata Chakraborty

Jan 6, 2018
City Of Joy
Google Pixel 7a
There's no such thing as “dirty flash“ for kernels as I know! I mean how can someone remove the kernel to clean flash?

That's why the OP says installation and updating method is same! Follow that!
The only thing you can do (which is also unnecessary as you have voidKernel flashable) is backing up your existing boot!

I think what he means by dirty flashing is to flash one custom kernel on top of another without going back to stock kernel first. A lot of devs suggest not to flash customs kernel on top of each other. I am not saying the device will get screwed if you flash one custom kernel on top of another, but it is possible.

Reactions: The Indian

sipollo

Jan 4, 2015
Hi, thanks for your work. Just one question: does this kernel (for stock rom) have dt2w? If not, are you gonna add it in future releases?

Last edited:

ProttoyX

Jul 6, 2018
Dhaka
smj.xyz
I think what he means by dirty flashing is to flash one custom kernel on top of another without going back to stock kernel first. A lot of devs suggest not to flash customs kernel on top of each other. I am not saying the device will get screwed if you flash one custom kernel on top of another, but it is possible.

Actually, I never did that! I directly flashed kernels over one another! Never had issues as there no settings or other thing that can break anything! Off course only if the kernel/ROM itself isn't buggy!
Just “wipe the cache” after ”dirty” flashing!

ProttoyX

Jul 6, 2018
Dhaka
smj.xyz
Hi, thanks for your work. Just one question: does this kernel (for stock rom) have dt2w? If not, are you gonna add it in future releases?

If you mean kernel side, then sadly no! Only custom ROMs which supports DT2W and DT2S natively!

Yes! I will add it on future release as it's not a bloat! May be on the next release!

And as I said, I'm still learning the kernel, Linux and Android stuffs! Made a huge progress locally so far! Will test the new release and publish it!

Stay tuned! ?

cheewaca

Oct 14, 2010
I hope you will include overclock as selectable options for cpu and gpu. We need this extra performance sometimes.

Great work and thanks

Last edited:

ProttoyX

Jul 6, 2018
Dhaka
smj.xyz
MysteryX Kernel v1.0.2 released!

MysteryX Kernel v1.0.2 released! Check OP!
I would like to apologize for the late!
It's no shame to share that I was dealing with some personal and health issues lately! So I couldn't focus on MysteryX!
Thanks!

* I have skipped version 1.0.1 because I build that a long time ago! But never had the opportunity to upload! And now it became obsolete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <disclaimer.h> 

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

MysteryX Kernel is a very simple custom kernel for tissot, known as Xiaomi Mi A1!
    Its main focus is pretty simple: better battery life without compromising performance!

It's that simple... Yes it is!

Features:
    • Based on voidKernel
    • Up to date Linux version (3.18 branch)
    • Up to date CAF tag
    • Compiled with latest Google toolchain
    • All voidKernel features
    • No useless bloats
    • More coming...

Download:

AndroidFileHost

For stock ROM download mysteryx-kernel-vX.X.X-stock.zip!
    And for custom ROM download mysteryx-kernel-vX.X.X-custom.zip!

Installing/Updating:
    • Boot into TWRP
    • Flash/install mysteryx-kernel-vX.X.X-X.zip
    • Flash/install Magisk (if you want to)
    • Wipe cache (if you want to)
    • Reboot
    Enjoy!

• Thanks to @flex1911 for base source
    • A very special thanks to @mountaser halak for helping me all the way!
    • I am still learning...

XDA:DevDB Information
    MysteryX Kernel, Kernel for the Xiaomi Mi A1

Contributors
    ProttoyX
    Source Code: https://github.com/MysteryXAndroid/mysteryx-kernel-tissot

Kernel Special Features: - No bloat features

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-07-12

Created 2018-07-12
    Last Updated 2018-08-06
    Thread cleaned,
    First off, don't discourage anyone when all they're trying to do is learn and better themselves. We all start somewhere. Second you don't need to use this kernel so if you don't like it move onto something else. Remember this is a development forum and this is a development thread so if you can't help with the development or help your fellow members then don't post at all. Stay respectful at all times.
    Thanks
    Wolf

OP.
    I made you some more room at the beginning of this thread. If you ever need more, just report your OP and request it or you can PM me.
    Changelog

• Version: 1.0.2
      • Added DT2W for Stock
      • Linux version 3.18.117
      • Latest CAF upstream

• Version: 1.0.0
      • Initial release
    MysteryX Kernel v1.0.2 released!

MysteryX Kernel v1.0.2 released! Check OP!
    I would like to apologize for the late!
    It's no shame to share that I was dealing with some personal and health issues lately! So I couldn't focus on MysteryX!
    Thanks!

* I have skipped version 1.0.1 because I build that a long time ago! But never had the opportunity to upload! And now it became obsolete!

If you mean kernel side, then sadly no! Only custom ROMs which supports DT2W and DT2S natively!

Yes! I will add it on future release as it's not a bloat! May be on the next release!

And as I said, I'm still learning the kernel, Linux and Android stuffs! Made a huge progress locally so far! Will test the new release and publish it!

Stay tuned! ?