/* Disclaimer * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research * if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you blame me in any way for what happens to your device, I will laugh at you. * BOOM! goes the dynamite */
Cardinal-AOSP is a Custom ROM which was initially based on AOSPB, then we changed our mind and rebased it to AOSP-RRO, to get better compatibility with most of the devices. And now we are based on AOSP on oreo. The main aim of this ROM is to bring stock AOSP experience as much as possible while maintaining performance, smoothness and good battery backup. I hope that you'll all love this project, and help us, shape it even more better. Meanwhile, all of our sources are publicly available on our Github. We also do own a Google+ Community, where you can.... uhm... you know, do what all others do at forums and communities! Hope you enjoy your stay and like our work on Cardinal-AOSP.
NOTE: We won't be accepting any feature requests, and only essential features will be added to enhance stock AOSP experience.
Changes on top of AOSP:
• QS Tiles: Adb over network, Caffeine, Screenshot, Reboot, Sound, Volume, PiP, Headsup, compass, Accidental touch
• Cardinal logo on statusbar
• Signature spoofing support for MicroG
• Comes with Pixel/Stock theme
• Comes with Margarita substratum theme
• Reboot to recovery/bootloader in powermenu
• Latest Ringtones/Effects tones from Pixel image
• Allow lower temp for night light
• Accept All files over bluetooth option
• Volume Adjustments Sound
• Add SystemUI Tuner features into Wings
• Disabled RescueParty
• Enable Custom shapes option on Launcher3
• Screenshot sound toggle
• Reset Battery Stats
• Ship with Lightening browser
• L/R IME/Music Cursors
• VoLTE icon toggle
• DND Tile enhancements
• HSPA+ icon
• Add/Remove tiles with one click
• Volume link/unlink notification and ringtone
• Kill app button from recent screen
• Mobile data always on disabled by default
• Append app name to screenshot file name
• SIM Manual provisioning
• Quick face unlock
• Show infinity on large notification
• Allow hiding vpn, data saver, volte, roaming icon from statusbar
• Scramble pin layout
• Package name in app info screen
• Descriptive vendor image mismatch message
• Configurable SystemUI theme (Wallpaper based, light, dark)
• Wake on Plug
• Sensor block-per package
• In call vibrations
• Expanded desktop
• Scrolling cache
• Secured QS
• QS title visibility
• Custom QS layout configuration
• Headsup toggle
• Headsup whitelist/blacklist
• Ticker notification
• IME Selector notification toggle
• Battery light/Notification light options
• Network traffic meter
• DT2S on Statusbar
• Battery styles
• Smart notification
• Suppress notification
• Qs footer warning toggle
• Volume button wake
• Volume button music control
• Dynamic software Navigationbar/Hardware keys toggle
• Accidental touch
• Button backlight controls
• Custom Key rebindings
• Option to Disable Home key when ringing
• Screen off actions
• Swap hw keys
• Power button as flashlight
• option to hide lockscreen shortcut on secured lockscreen
• Lockscreen media art toggle
• Option to unlock with FP directly after reboot
• Clear all FAB option
Download Cardinal-AOSP : ROM
Download 8.1 GApps: OpenGapps
- Reboot to recovery and Backup existing ROM (Just in case!)
- Wipe System, Data, ART cache, Cache
- Flash ROM, Gapps and reboot...
On what this ROM is based on?
As name says, it's an AOSP based project!.
Does this ROM supports themes?
Yes!, and as a bonus, we shipping with our own theme called Margarita!.
Error 7 while flashing on recovery, what should I do?
Update your TWRP recovery to latest version which has Oreo changes and fixes.
is forceclosing on my device, what should I do?
Report the issue with proper logs on our Google+ Community!.
How to take Logs ?
This doc should help you - How to take logs.
I would like to suggest a feature for this ROM?
We are not accepting any feature request for this project as of now, if it's really essential, post it under the "Feature Wish" section in our Google+ Community. We'll certainly look into it.
Does the zip include SuperSU, or should I flash it separately?
Nope , user has to flash himself.
So, you guys, a part of Citrus-CAF?
Aaah, yes! its our another project based on CAF, and featurerich!
Solution for all fingerprint issues:
2. Flash using miflash with full wipe and lock
3. Once you get to setup wizard don't setup anything, reboot back to bootloader
4. Flash userdata image from august nougat stock
5. Format userdata to get correct userdata size
6. Boot latest TWRP and flash latest Cardinal Rom
7. Flash TWRP (optional)
8. Reboot into recovery and flash latest magisk (optional)
After this all 5 fingerprints will work fine including delete, no more left over fingerprint after deleting, solution is permanent unless you downgrade to nougat stock, then you have to do the procedure again.
Cardinal-AOSP on Github
Cardinal-AOSP-8.1, ROM for the Xiaomi MiA1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A1
Special Thanks to @abhishek987 @ghpranav @sayeed @parth_pc
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Current Stable Version: 5.5
Stable Release Date: 2018-03-29
Last Updated 2018-04-06