29 posts
Thanks Meter: 62

By Beneter, Junior Member on 1st May 2020, 11:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
LineageOS Banner

Code:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, do not point your finger at me for messing up your device. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 */
LineageOS (LOS) is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (GApps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. If you want to report an issue please do so on GitLab and include a logcat if possible.

Status
I want to keep the lights on for tissot LineageOS 16.0. Therefore I will provide an unofficial monthly build with the most recent security patches (always a few days after "Bump Security String" in the official changelog).
As I do not have much free time I will probably not fix any issues or support the migration to 17.1. Therefore I would not call myself a maintainer.

Known issues
USB Tethering / Android Auto not working
OTA Update not working (might change in the future)

Instructions
TBD

Migration instructions

If you are coming from Official LineageOS 16.0 you need to clean flash (wipe everything incl. data) or migrate the signature keys before flashing:
  1. Backup your data (I recommend Titanium Backup)
  2. Boot Recovery
  3. Nandroid backup
  4. Flash migrate-official-to-beneter.zip (s. Google Drive)
  5. Flash lineage-16.0-*-UNOFFICIAL-beneter-tissot.zip (s. Google Drive)
If you are coming from anything else please do a clean flash (wipe everything incl. data).

Downloads
Unofficial Build: Google Drive, There will always be checksums and detached signatures signed by my key "38E50B61" (s. below).
I encourage the community to host mirrors with the same filename. If you download from them, be sure to verify the PGP signature.
Recovery: TWRP
Google Apps: Open GApps (I am not using any GApps but microG by NanoDroid, if you would like to use GApps please flash the nano image for arm64 and install additional Apps from PlayStore)
Root: Magisk

Signature verification
TBD
Code:
gpg: Good signature from "Stefan Benter <[email protected]>"
Primary key fingerprint: E545 73C1 5218 8816 E83C  3A0F DCAC EF53 38E5 0B61
     Subkey fingerprint: 1DE2 E0FE 948E EAAB B446  D398 A4D6 CD34 239A B40D
Sources
LineageOS: https://github.com/LineageOS/android
Common device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android...msm8953-common
Device tree: https://github.com/LineageOS/android..._xiaomi_tissot
Kernel: https://github.com/LineageOS/android...xiaomi_msm8953
Proprietary Vendor: https://gitlab.com/the-muppets/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi/-/tree/lineage-16.0

Build Guide
Code:
cat android/lineage/.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_tissot" path="device/xiaomi/tissot" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_msm8953-common" path="device/xiaomi/msm8953-common" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953" path="kernel/xiaomi/msm8953" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" />
  <remote name="gitlab" fetch="https://gitlab.com" />
  <project name="The-Muppets/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi" path="vendor/xiaomi" remote="gitlab"/>
</manifest>

Credit
Special thanks to flex1911 and abhishek987.
Thanks to the whole LineageOS Team, its contributors and all the testers.

Donations
Please consider donating to the LineageOS Project.
Please consider donating some blood, registering as a bone marrow donor and becoming an organ donor.

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0 for Xiaomi Mi A1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A1

Contributors
flex1911, abhishek987
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.x

Version Information
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Beneter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beneter Ad-Free
1st May 2020, 11:02 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Arrow Downloads
Most recent version: lineage-16.0-20200501-UNOFFICIAL-beneter-tissot.zip | Checksum | Signature | Security Patchlevel: 2020-04-05
Migration script: migrate-official-to-beneter.zip | Checksum | Signature

Restore LineageOS official keys (only needed if you do not want to use my build anymore): migrate-beneter-to-official.zip | Checksum | Signature
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beneter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beneter Ad-Free
1st May 2020, 11:09 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Post Backlog
  1. Add migration script to restore official keys
  2. Fix build issues
  3. Improve build scripts and publish them
  4. Fork tissot tree
  5. Fix USB Tethering / Android Auto
  6. Update firmware
  7. Compare Proprietary Vendor files with original Xiaomi build
  8. Improve documentation (flashing guides, signature verification), @everyone: you can help!
  9. Webseed a torrent mirror
  10. Create a restricted signature spoofing build for microG
  11. Ask @abhinavagrd_1129 how I can help to make 17.1 go official
  12. Become a part time official maintainer
  13. In case this won't work, provide unofficial OTA updates
  14. Update kernel
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beneter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beneter Ad-Free
2nd May 2020, 12:11 AM |#4  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Great work. Why don't you submit it to official?? Even if you don't have time or dont want to bring it up to 17.1, at least the automatic builds of los16 would be up. The ROM was rock stable and the only bug was android auto broken. Pleae do consider this humble request.

Enviado do meu Mi A1 através do Tapatalk
2nd May 2020, 12:19 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurelio

Why don't you submit it to official?

I was asking them what would be needed to be accepted as a maintainer, they told me to fix the USB tethering issue and port to 17.1. I am not saying, that I will never do so, but I do not want to promise anything as of now.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Beneter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beneter Ad-Free
2nd May 2020, 12:56 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Nice, long live the code!!!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
2nd May 2020, 01:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I look forward to you fixing the USB Tethering.
2nd May 2020, 01:59 AM |#8  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneter

I was asking them what would be needed to be accepted as a maintainer, they told me to fix the USB tethering issue and port to 17.1. I am not saying, that I will never do so, but I do not want to promise anything as of now.

Take your time but we would love to see mi a1 on the official roster of lineage 17.1. The final decision is ours. Whatever you are going to give to the community we will appreciate.

Enviado do meu Mi A1 através do Tapatalk
2nd May 2020, 04:43 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2,115

More
@Beneter thanks for starting this once again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to methuselah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift methuselah Ad-Free
2nd May 2020, 08:12 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Can official LineageOS su be used instead of Magisk?
The Following User Says Thank You to Baile For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Baile Ad-Free
2nd May 2020, 09:15 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

Can official LineageOS su be used instead of Magisk?

Probably yes, but I did not try.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)