FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WIP][DEV] MIUI 9 for Mi A1

161 posts
Thanks Meter: 347

By pocaropa, Senior Member on 11th May 2018, 09:54 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
This rom is not for dayly use. I open this thread in order to devs/porter try to fix and rom be fully functional. Please do not report bugs at this stage because is known as buggy rom and the thread will be full of flooding. This thread is intended for developers or experience porters.

I have ported miui 9. The system boots up but the main problem is that cannot pass initial configuration because mi servers cannot verify/activated device. Right now I have tried to change devicename on build.prop and default.prop, changing bool flags on device features to non xiaomi device and so on. Nothing seems to work. As an important data,Provision.apk is is responsible for connecting and verifying the device during the initial configuration.

Ok, so, I have made 2 ports, one from Mi5x and other from Redmi 5 plus. I use tissot stock 7.8.24 as base.

MI 5x port:
Port rom is miui china official dev 8.4.12
Download rom: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818222786056029774
As a workaround to pass initial configuration, my friend @AnkyWalker send me a twrp data backup file after install same rom and pass initial config on his Mi5x device. Put the file on TWRP/snxxx/ and restore and you will be on launcher. Now you can install an app to take logs.
TWRP data backup: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962339331458991576
You will see system ui is crashing time to time. according anr traces log, find device and mi cloud is the responsible.
anr_info: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962339331458991575
anr_traces:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818222786056029784

Redmi 5 plus port:
Port rom is miui global stable 9.5.4.0
Download rom: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818222786056029785

How to install:
Reboot to recovery
Install rom
Install magisk zip
Reboot to bootloader
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img from Mi5x nougat i.e https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=746163614322263787
fastboot reboot

Tips to port:
-I use superr kitchen in linux to build the system. You must use raw images since sparse new.dat and meta-data/perm will not boot.
-Mount point for system is / as you can see on fstab ,so ramdisk is on / and system files are on /system/, thats the main difference.
-You can extract and compare wich files has been changed but basically, using fstab from stock and lib/modules will succesfully boot miui.

Screenshots:
The Following 126 Users Say Thank You to pocaropa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pocaropa Ad-Free

11th May 2018, 09:55 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 347

Donate to Me
More
reserved
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to pocaropa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pocaropa Ad-Free
11th May 2018, 02:15 PM |#3  
RC-RT Committee Lead / Senior Moderator - "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Thanks Meter: 53,827

More
Members if you wish to thank the OP, use the thanks button vice posting and clutter the thread and in case you missed the Statement in the OP:

This rom is not for dayly use. I open this thread in order to devs/porter try to fix and rom be fully functional. Please do not report bugs at this stage because is known as buggy rom and the thread will be full of flooding. This thread is intended for developers or experience porters.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Frank Castle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Frank Castle Ad-Free
11th May 2018, 02:24 PM |#4  
Flag Salerno
Thanks Meter: 415

Donate to Me
More
FIX FOR MI5X VERSION

After restoring data by twrp, delete always by twrp manager the following folders:
- Autoregistration
- CloudService
- Mi Drive
- SampleAuthenticatorService
- SampleExtAuthService
- SecureExtAuthService
- SecureSampleAuthService
- XiaomiAccount
- XiaomiSimActivateService

After reboot no more errors, but wifi and hotspot not working.

P.S. There is an update that it's impossible to do automatically by mobile data for an error, if this update is done manually is possible that wifi obtain a fix.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fosseperme For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fosseperme Ad-Free
11th May 2018, 05:59 PM |#5  
Flag Raigarh
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Wow, eagerly waiting for stable release, all da best
11th May 2018, 08:29 PM |#6  
Sankt-Peterburg
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosseperme

FIX FOR MI5X VERSION

After restoring data by twrp, delete always by twrp manager the following folders:
- Autoregistration
- CloudService
- Mi Drive
- SampleExtAuthService
- SecureExtAuthService
- XiaomiAccount

P.S. There is an update that it's impossible to do automatically by mobile data for an error, if this update is done manually is possible that wifi obtain a fix.

where are the folders?
12th May 2018, 01:17 AM |#7  
Flag Purnea
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niisp1

where are the folders?

Inside system/app
12th May 2018, 01:23 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Waiting for beta😁 thanks for your hardwork DAV.
The Following User Says Thank You to cherryb8844 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cherryb8844 Ad-Free
12th May 2018, 04:49 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
please keep it up.Your hard work is appreciated.Thank you a lot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadatxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sadatxda Ad-Free
12th May 2018, 07:29 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosseperme

FIX FOR MI5X VERSION

- Autoregistration
- CloudService
- Mi Drive
- SampleExtAuthService
- SecureExtAuthService
- XiaomiAccount

1st flash 1.3GB ROM ? Mi5x
2nd restore twrp data backup?
Right ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MDNGAIKWAD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MDNGAIKWAD Ad-Free
12th May 2018, 01:01 PM |#11  
Flag bangkok
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wow. It's so interesting. keep going! I'll be wait for stable version. Thank's for working hard on it
The Following User Says Thank You to pvpeez13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pvpeez13 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread