157 posts
Thanks Meter: 338

By pocaropa, Senior Member on 11th May 2018, 09:54 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
12th May 2018, 01:01 PM |#11  
Flag bangkok
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wow. It's so interesting. keep going! I'll be wait for stable version. Thank's for working hard on it
The Following User Says Thank You to pvpeez13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pvpeez13 Ad-Free

12th May 2018, 02:50 PM |#12  
Flag Tarnobrzeg
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruperxl89

It is awesome, any bugs??is stable??thank you

Can't log in to miui services and wifi isn't working.

Wysłane z mojego Mi A1 przy użyciu Tapatalka
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirdeusz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mirdeusz Ad-Free
12th May 2018, 03:05 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirdeusz

Can't log in to miui services and wifi isn't working.

Wysłane z mojego Mi A1 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Ok thank you
12th May 2018, 08:04 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
This is quite a big advancement for the Mi A1! Well done!
I must ask though: I wonder if Redmi 5 Plus Oreo MIUI builds would be possible to be ported later aswell, and also to the Redmi Note 4, considering it's the same chipset? We know Xiaomi won't be pushing Android 8 to Redmi Note 4 ever, perhaps a port from the R5 Plus could bring some "official" freshness to the RN4?
13th May 2018, 10:21 AM |#15  
Flag Aksaray
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosseperme

FIX FOR MI5X VERSION

After restoring data by twrp, delete always by twrp manager the following folders:
- Autoregistration
- CloudService
- Mi Drive
- SampleAuthenticatorService
- SampleExtAuthService
- SecureExtAuthService
- SecureSampleAuthService
- XiaomiAccount
- XiaomiSimActivateService

After reboot no more errors, but wifi and hotspot not working.

P.S. There is an update that it's impossible to do automatically by mobile data for an error, if this update is done manually is possible that wifi obtain a fix.

Not working bro!
Always system ui stop!
13th May 2018, 10:46 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosseperme

FIX FOR MI5X VERSION

After restoring data by twrp, delete always by twrp manager the following folders:
- Autoregistration
- CloudService
- Mi Drive
- SampleAuthenticatorService
- SampleExtAuthService
- SecureExtAuthService
- SecureSampleAuthService
- XiaomiAccount
- XiaomiSimActivateService

After reboot no more errors, but wifi and hotspot not working.

P.S. There is an update that it's impossible to do automatically by mobile data for an error, if this update is done manually is possible that wifi obtain a fix.

You were trying this steps??

Mi A1 Firehound 4.5 (8.1.0)
13th May 2018, 05:49 PM |#17  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 6,052

Donate to Me
More
Good stuff, someone who knows what they're doing and beat me to it haha.

Are you using xiomi.eu base? It might have some of the Provision protection removed... Actually probably not.

I remember back in MIUI 8 on my Redmi Note 4 I could just replace with AOSP provision but it would still need SMS activation sadly. I suspect it's pretty deeply rooted, and to remove it or fake it would require dummying-out some stuff in stock MIUI apps (or removing completely like above) and then framework edits.... Eh.

Surely there must be a way to have the device identify as a 5x though. Maybe some kind of fingerprint in vendor or another partition?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CosmicDan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CosmicDan Ad-Free
13th May 2018, 05:52 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDan

Are you using xiomi.eu base? It might have some of the Provision protection removed.

I remember back in MIUI 8 on my Redmi Note 4 I could just replace with AOSP provision bit it would still need SMS activation sadly. I suspect it's pretty deeply rooted, and to remove it orndake it would require dummying-out some stuff in stock MIUI apps

Would love to see u in Telegram Group suggesting other members who are trying hard to get MIUI working on A1...😊😊😊
13th May 2018, 06:16 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Seen on youtube explain well but not finalized yet

Wifi and hotspot not working

13th May 2018, 07:10 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Do you work with wifi apps?
13th May 2018, 07:49 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 338

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDan

Are you using xiomi.eu base? It might have some of the Provision protection removed... Actually probably not.

I remember back in MIUI 8 on my Redmi Note 4 I could just replace with AOSP provision but it would still need SMS activation sadly. I suspect it's pretty deeply rooted, and to remove it or fake it would require dummying-out some stuff in stock MIUI apps (or removing completely like above) and then framework edits.... Eh.

Surely there must be a way to have the device identify as a 5x though. Maybe some kind of fingerprint in vendor or another partition?

Miui security has been improved since miui 8. provision.apk from xiaomi.eu does not make the trick, fingerprint/device name neither. I don t know if looks for an oem dedicated partition or a bootloader getvar. We need to debug during setup wizard but mi cloud account is required for debug.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread