FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Issue with 8.1 (May & June updates) and 3G APNs

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By BtB, Member on 18th July 2018, 01:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I have not seen any post related to this (tried to search to confirm that), so I hope I'm not re-posting something that was already discussed...

Since the 8.1 update (both May and June security patch), I have a weird behavior on my A1: data works well with 4G or 2G network, but when I have only 3G signal, I had no data.

After some checks, I found out that when I have 3G signal, some APNs disapear from the list (Network & Internet / Mobile Network / Advanced / Access Point Names). But not all of them...
I have "Reset to default" to have the APNs reconfigured automatically, but I still get this behavior. And of course, one of the APNs that disappear is the one I need, which explains why I have no data connection.

Workaround is easy, I created a manual APN with the good parameters, and this one does never disappear. So issue is gone, but I'm still wondering if I'm the only one with this issue, and if someone would know a proper fix rather than a workaround?

If it helps, I am in France, operator is Sosh, which is a MVNO using the network of Orange.
18th July 2018, 01:17 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
Adding screenshots, "Orange World" is the default APN I'd need, "Sosh" is the one I created manually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3G.png
Views:	220
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	4552506   Click image for larger version

Name:	4G.png
Views:	218
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	4552507  
18th July 2018, 01:24 PM |#3  
Flag Ringwood
Thanks Meter: 174

More
When I updated to 8.1 in June my APN was wiped and I lost connection.
But I never had any APN's from new?
When I got the phone (new on N) and put my sim in, I did not receive any setting from my network provider and when I looked in APN's the list was blank so I set up an APN for my provider and all worked well. Like I say after 8.1 my manual APN was wiped by the update and I had to manually put it in again.

Should a new phone have no APN's? Or should there be a list of standard ones for common networks?
I'm not sure what is normal, I assumed it was blank until you are sent one or manually input one.
18th July 2018, 01:28 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
I'm not sure how it works, but in France all the operators I tried always provided APNs that get installed by default, and that you can reset through the menu in APN screen.... not sure if this is in the SIM card, that would be the most logical answer...
But this is clearly those "automatic" APNs that gets impacted, the manual one is stable and works well.
18th July 2018, 05:28 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtB

Hello,
I have not seen any post related to this (tried to search to confirm that), so I hope I'm not re-posting something that was already discussed...

Since the 8.1 update (both May and June security patch), I have a weird behavior on my A1: data works well with 4G or 2G network, but when I have only 3G signal, I had no data.

After some checks, I found out that when I have 3G signal, some APNs disapear from the list (Network & Internet / Mobile Network / Advanced / Access Point Names). But not all of them...
I have "Reset to default" to have the APNs reconfigured automatically, but I still get this behavior. And of course, one of the APNs that disappear is the one I need, which explains why I have no data connection.

Workaround is easy, I created a manual APN with the good parameters, and this one does never disappear. So issue is gone, but I'm still wondering if I'm the only one with this issue, and if someone would know a proper fix rather than a workaround?

If it helps, I am in France, operator is Sosh, which is a MVNO using the network of Orange.

In July path the notification led it's bug
22nd October 2018, 01:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
APN
Bonjour,

J'ai un xiaomi MI a1 et je ne capte pas la 3g ou 4g. Je souhaite rentrer un nouveau APN ( sosh ) mais je n'ai pas trouvé comment faire cette nouvelle entrée. Visiblement je n'ai pas d'acces pour créer un nouveau APN . Faut il avoir un code pour rentrer dans les parametres de creation APN ? Merci de votre aide
22nd October 2018, 03:51 PM |#7  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 627

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armel25410

Bonjour,

J'ai un xiaomi MI a1 et je ne capte pas la 3g ou 4g. Je souhaite rentrer un nouveau APN ( sosh ) mais je n'ai pas trouvé comment faire cette nouvelle entrée. Visiblement je n'ai pas d'acces pour créer un nouveau APN . Faut il avoir un code pour rentrer dans les parametres de creation APN ? Merci de votre aide

Hi on XDA you must speak English or your native language / English in the same post

Well I'm French so i understand your problem.
I'm on sosh too and before when i used free mobile and got no problem with the mia1. But since sosh the 3g especially the h+ wouldn't get the right apn...

The solution is simple you just need to add the apn manually and even if the phone switch to 2g or 3g or 4g the apn you set will be kept.

Enter this as a new apn
Nom
22nd October 2018, 04:30 PM |#8  

More
APN
Bonjour
Je vais dans paramètres, réseau et internet, réseau mobile, avance et après mon affichage est : sélectionner automatiquement le réseau ou réseau ( pour moi orange) mais je n'ai pas les bons paramètres et je ne dispose pas d'un bouton pour créer un nouveau APN.
22nd October 2018, 04:50 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armel25410

Bonjour
Je vais dans paramètres, réseau et internet, réseau mobile, avance et après mon affichage est : sélectionner automatiquement le réseau ou réseau ( pour moi orange) mais je n'ai pas les bons paramètres et je ne dispose pas d'un bouton pour créer un nouveau APN.

Please English only, or enter a translated text. XDA are english only, the guy above told you already
22nd October 2018, 04:55 PM |#10  

More
APN
Hello
I go into settings, network and internet, mobile network, advance and after my display is: automatically select the network or network (for me orange) but I do not have the right settings and I do not have a button to create a new camera.
22nd October 2018, 06:09 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Here, Spain, o2, same issue, the only fix was the same, new manual APN, for some reason default APN provided by o2, with same data on It, won't let me access to the internet even with full 4g and data enabled, when the issue appears, an "X" appears on the base of the icon too (not on top as usual, 4g symbol on top), but with manual APN It works fine O_o

Edit: issue wasn't appearing all time
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)