touch not working !!!!

Search This thread

rasik107

Aug 1, 2014
it was working fine !!!
tried to flash custom rom and then it acting too much weird now

for example if I want to switch off phone then ,
I have to touch in top (where status bar is located) area of the screen in order to click on "Power Off" text (which is in the middle of the screen) !!!

same case with every other touch

can anyone help me ???

G

GuestK00136

@rasik107

If it worked before custom ROM, best to restore stock firmware and test your touchscreen.

andlommy

Aug 19, 2006
Same problem here.
Booted TWRP 3.2.3 off twrp site via fastboot boot twrp.img, phone got stuck, after poweroff-poweron touch sensor calibration was off.

Flashed original firmware, relocked - no go.
It's also hosed in TWRP, so not a firmware bug.
Can someone with a working Mi A1 dump all their partitions from twrp (adb pull /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name) and share privately as i hope touch sensor calibration data was stored somewhere and was damaged by the twrp?

JaMa2nd

Jan 5, 2019
Can someone with a working Mi A1 dump all their partitions from twrp (adb pull /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name) and share privately as i hope touch sensor calibration data was stored somewhere and was damaged by the twrp?

I got the dump from someone with working TS and it didn't help on my device.

From dmesg in twrp I've noticed that my TS firmware was 0x0a version while working device shows 0x10, flashing stock tissot_images_7.12.19_20171219.0000.00_7.1_d39fa89 aaf.tgz helped in the end and TS fw got upgraded to 0x0a as shown in my dmesg after first boot.

Now I'm going to restore my emmc dump (to restore my imei and MACs) and will try to reflash this again.

andlommy

Aug 19, 2006
I got the dump from someone with working TS and it didn't help on my device.

From dmesg in twrp I've noticed that my TS firmware was 0x0a version while working device shows 0x10, flashing stock tissot_images_7.12.19_20171219.0000.00_7.1_d39fa89 aaf.tgz helped in the end and TS fw got upgraded to 0x0a as shown in my dmesg after first boot.

Now I'm going to restore my emmc dump (to restore my imei and MACs) and will try to reflash this again.

Solved by installing an old version of stock miui through mi flash tool. Old as in android 7, not 8, be careful to check version when downloading from miui site.