FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][OREO][8.0]Enable custom Bluetooth audio codecs in Mi A1 Stock ROM

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By ludlum123, Guest on 3rd February 2018, 11:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
What is AptX?
Click here to find out

I noticed that the custom bluetooth codecs( like the aptX, aptX HD, LDAC, etc.) are not working even if we have devices that support it( like earphones, headphones, soundbars, etc.) For example, I own a Samsung Level U wireless headset, which is compatible of aptX codec, but whenever I connect it with my Mi A1, the codec in Developer options switches itself to SBC.

So, I found a workaround for it on OnePlus 3/3T Device Forum. @theduke7 has created a Magisk module which enables aptX/ aptX HD on One Plus 3. I flashed that module, and Voila! The codecs started working on my phone.

How will this help you?
AptX increases the quality of audio transmitting over bluetooth considerably. So you will be able to hear nearly lossless, CD quality audio from your device.

Just flash the below given Magisk module in Magisk 14.0+ and reboot.

For those who can't find the option,
Go to Settings >> System >> Developer Options >> Bluetooth Audio Codec

Link to the thread

Just thank @theduke7

Before posting, please check whether your wireless bluetooth device supports any of the above mentioned codecs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip aptX-HD_OreoEnabler.zip - [Click for QR Code] (77.1 KB, 648 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ludlum123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ludlum123 Ad-Free
 
 
ludlum123
3rd February 2018, 11:42 AM |#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180203-170644.png
Views:	830
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	4452305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (Feb 3, 2018 5_06_52 PM).png
Views:	822
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	4452306  
4th February 2018, 09:33 AM |#3  
Gurx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Doesn't works for me...

Codec stills revert to SBC every time I connect my BT headset.
It's a Driftin DBE-301BGY. But I don't know if it's apt-X or apt-X HD compatibe.
No matter wich codec I choose, always revert to SBC....
ludlum123
4th February 2018, 10:18 AM |#4  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurx

Doesn't works for me...

Codec stills revert to SBC every time I connect my BT headset.
It's a Driftin DBE-301BGY. But I don't know if it's apt-X or apt-X HD compatibe.
No matter wich codec I choose, always revert to SBC....

Your wireless earphones are not aptX/aptX HD compatible, mate. I googled them just now.

Also, the module is sometimes unstable. It reverts back to SBC even when we choose aptX or aptX HD. A simple reboot should solve that problem. After rebooting, before connecting the wireless, go to developer options and manually select the supported codec, and then connect.
4th February 2018, 10:43 AM |#5  
Gurx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy_infinity

Your wireless earphones are not aptX/aptX HD compatible, mate. I googled them just now.

Also, the module is sometimes unstable. It reverts back to SBC even when we choose aptX or aptX HD. A simple reboot should solve that problem. After rebooting, before connecting the wireless, go to developer options and manually select the supported codec, and then connect.

Oh, I see... Thanks!
6th February 2018, 04:46 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy_infinity

I noticed that the custom bluetooth codecs( like the aptX, aptX HD, LDAC, etc.) are not working even if we have devices that support it( like earphones, headphones, soundbars, etc.) For example, I own a Samsung Level U wireless headset, which is compatible of aptX codec, but whenever I connect it with my Mi A1, the codec in Developer options switches itself to SBC.

So, I found a workaround for it on OnePlus 3/3T Device Forum. @theduke7 has created a Magisk module which enables aptX/ aptX HD on One Plus 3. I flashed that module, and Voila! The codecs started working on my phone.

Just flash the below given Magisk module in Magisk 14.0+ and reboot.

For those who can't find the option,
Go to Settings>> System>> Developer Options>> Bluetooth Audio Codec

Link to the thread

Just thank @theduke7

can you solve earphone noise
ludlum123
6th February 2018, 06:35 PM |#7  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectkom

can you solve earphone noise

Dude, I'm not a developer. I just found out that this module works for our device, and so I posted it here, giving necessary credits.
And I don't get any noise in my earphones. Can you try a fastboot rom flash without wiping data?
15th June 2018, 02:49 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Does it work on custom ROM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apt x, aptx hd, ldac, magisk, oreo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes