This is a tool to install Google Camera, enable camera2api and EIS without root.
Thanks to amazing dev flex1911 for the method: Link
NOTE: If you get stuck in twrp, select "Keep Read Only", not "Swipe to allow modifications".
Installing GCam in this way the OTA are working? Camera2Api and EIS keeps enabled?
According to my test with December to January Oreo, yes and yes.
What can I do if my phone gets stuck in fastboot/twrp or the camera app crash?
Install Qualcomm drivers and/or mi pc suite.
If the phone keeps getting stuck in fastboot/twrp: Open device manager and check if there is any driver error:
Click on "update driver software", "browse my computer for driver software", "let me pick from..." and select one from the list.
triángulo amarillo indicando que no se reconoce correctamente el móvil. Si aparece, click derecho, actualizar controlador, buscar software de controlador en el equipo, elegir en una lista de controladores disponibles en el equipo y selecciona alguno de la lista.
Other video (English)
- Install drivers: You can install 1.4.3 or 1.3 version of this fantastic tool: Link
- Enable HAL3, EIS and install GCam: Install "GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V1" with portrait, zsl, front hdr+, ... and open a image with configuration instructions.
(You can delete it and install any GCam version but it's necessary use that button to enable camera2Api, EIS)
Disable HAL3, EIS
0) To avoid problems in storage mounting, disable pattern/password. When the process is finished you can enable pin/pattern again.
1) You have to enable developer options, OEM unlock and USB debugging before use the app:
2) Install adb/fastboot drivers (if you don't have it)
3) Enable HAL3, EIS and install GCam.
4) Configure the camera like the image openend in the tool.
Manual Steps (If you don't want to use the tool):
Google Camera updates:
You can simply uninstall Google Camera app and install any apk after enable Camera2Api and EIS.