FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Google Camera without root/magisk (Enable Camera2Api, EIS)

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 198

By AridaneAM, Member on 10th February 2018, 05:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a tool to install Google Camera, enable camera2api and EIS without root.

Thanks to amazing dev flex1911 for the method: Link

NOTE: If you get stuck in twrp, select "Keep Read Only", not "Swipe to allow modifications".

English/Spanish program.

FAQ:
Installing GCam in this way the OTA are working? Camera2Api and EIS keeps enabled?
According to my test with December to January Oreo, yes and yes.

What can I do if my phone gets stuck in fastboot/twrp or the camera app crash?
Check if all security is turned off. Use the program as administrator.
Install Qualcomm drivers and/or mi pc suite.
If the phone keeps getting stuck in fastboot/twrp: Open device manager and check if there is any driver error:

Click on "update driver software", "browse my computer for driver software", "let me pick from..." and select one from the list.

triángulo amarillo indicando que no se reconoce correctamente el móvil. Si aparece, click derecho, actualizar controlador, buscar software de controlador en el equipo, elegir en una lista de controladores disponibles en el equipo y selecciona alguno de la lista.

Download: http://tiny.cc/MiA1GCam

Video of a friend using the tool (it's in Spanish)

Other video (English)

Quote:

Features:
- Install drivers: You can install 1.4.3 or 1.3 version of this fantastic tool: Link
- Enable HAL3, EIS and install GCam: Install "GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V1" with portrait, zsl, front hdr+, ... and open a image with configuration instructions.
(You can delete it and install any GCam version but it's necessary use that button to enable camera2Api, EIS)
Disable HAL3, EIS

Instructions:

0) To avoid problems in storage mounting, disable pattern/password. When the process is finished you can enable pin/pattern again.

1) You have to enable developer options, OEM unlock and USB debugging before use the app:

2) Install adb/fastboot drivers (if you don't have it)

3) Enable HAL3, EIS and install GCam.

4) Configure the camera like the image openend in the tool.

Manual Steps (If you don't want to use the tool):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...4&postcount=98

Google Camera updates:
You can simply uninstall Google Camera app and install any apk after enable Camera2Api and EIS.

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...google-camera/

The Following 78 Users Say Thank You to AridaneAM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AridaneAM Ad-Free

10th February 2018, 06:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I blocked my phone in fastboot.... hope at least i'll get it working as it was before, at least...
10th February 2018, 06:42 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfMike7

I blocked my phone in fastboot.... hope at least i'll get it working as it was before, at least...

The worst thing that could happen it's that doesn't work the Google Camera. As always, if there is any problem with adb/fastboot try the alternative drivers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AridaneAM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AridaneAM Ad-Free
10th February 2018, 06:45 PM |#4  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Im assuming OTA gonna work fine right? Like the other threads enabling camera 2 api. Very helpful for those who dont want root and still be able to use gcam. Nice!

Edit: ow yeah its in your post already.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t0per666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift t0per666 Ad-Free
10th February 2018, 06:58 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
How long is it supposed to take? It has been more than 10 minutes unlocking bootloader and nothing happens.

Edit: For those who got stuck on "Unlocking bootloader" while in Fastboot: Keep your device connected to the PC. Open device manager in Windows, you will find the Android Device with the warning symbol. Right click on it and select update driver. Then select Search for drivers in this PC. Then select choose from a list of drivers available. On the left side of the list search for Samsung and on the right side of the list choose Samsung ADB device and apply. Restart the device and the program on your PC and start the install process again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caolan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift caolan Ad-Free
10th February 2018, 06:59 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0per666

Im assuming OTA gonna work fine right? Like the other threads enabling camera 2 api. Very helpful for those who dont want root and still be able to use gcam. Nice!

Edit: ow yeah its in your post already.

Before upload I tried the program flashing stock december Oreo, then I installed GCam with this and, finally, I updated to January Oreo and Camera2api is still enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caolan

How long is it supposed to take? It has been more than 10 minutes unlocking bootloader and nothing happens.

If drivers are working well, 1-2 minutes.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AridaneAM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AridaneAM Ad-Free
10th February 2018, 07:11 PM |#7  
Flag Rohtak
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Can someone please elaborate a bit more? I am unable to understand step 4.
Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Can we do this without unlocking bootloader?
10th February 2018, 07:38 PM |#8  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Root is not needed but twrp is needed? At the end will twrp be uninstalled? Becsuse with twrp OTA will not work
10th February 2018, 07:39 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind7955

Can someone please elaborate a bit more? I am unable to understand step 4.
Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Can we do this without unlocking bootloader?

You have not to touch the phone (unless ask for fingerprint or pin in twrp). The "Install GCam" button boots in fastboot, unlock bootloader, lock bootloader, ... without do anything in the phone. When the process end, the tool opens a image with the configuration in the Google camera.
10th February 2018, 07:54 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurelio

Root is not needed but twrp is needed? At the end will twrp be uninstalled? Becsuse with twrp OTA will not work

Twrp is only booted, not installed.
10th February 2018, 08:00 PM |#11  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AridaneAM

Twrp is only booted, not installed.

But im all stock firmware, no twrp installed. It means that i have to change the recovery , hence ora will not work. It means thar you allways have to chage the stock firmware...

Enviado do meu Mi A1 através do Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)