How to get the google camera for Xiaomi A1 without rooting or flashing?

Search This thread

yashgumaste

Dec 20, 2014
A1 camera is superb in Day light only. It can't beat Google Camera in very low light. Everyone trying Google Camera here for getting Selfie Portrait mods. That not available in A1 camera .. I am not a photographer. But i can tell as a normal user in low light Google Camera perform really better than A1 camera. May be some 3rd party apps can do that but someone loves Google Camera

Low light problem is due to absence of stabilizer hardware. Have you tried HHT mode?

yashgumaste

Dec 20, 2014
As i told earlier i am a normal user. I even don't know what is HHT ... Can u explain?

EDIT

Found HHT from Camera settings. Will try today evening and let u know

HHT mode takes multiple shots in different exposure levels, and combines them to reduce electronic noise. ( ie improve low light photo quality). Since it takes multiple shots, you might require to keep your camera stable for 1-2 seconds after clicking. The speed will depend on free ram, current cpu speed, hence processing power.
Without HHT mode, in normal mode, even if you keep camera attached to tripod, you won't achieve this, because electronic noise appears invariably of shaking. It needs to be eliminated in software.

Reactions: 21vm and Rajeev

Rajeev

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
HHT mode takes multiple shots in different exposure levels, and combines them to reduce electronic noise. ( ie improve low light photo quality). Since it takes multiple shots, you might require to keep your camera stable for 1-2 seconds after clicking. The speed will depend on free ram, current cpu speed, hence processing power.
Without HHT mode, in normal mode, even if you keep camera attached to tripod, you won't achieve this, because electronic noise appears invariably of shaking. It needs to be eliminated in software.

So our current HHT is good now?

kvn95ss

Sep 19, 2017
HHT mode takes multiple shots in different exposure levels, and combines them to reduce electronic noise. ( ie improve low light photo quality). Since it takes multiple shots, you might require to keep your camera stable for 1-2 seconds after clicking.

Isn't that what HDR does as well? But in HDR the end goal is to add/preserve detail, so I guess there's that.

HHT doesn't do much to improve low light pictures, imo. GCam does improve the camera in low light, but by a bit. It could still be better tho.

Tubixak

Jun 3, 2017
What about other third party camera apps? I know, gcam with hdr+ takes beautiful shots, but I don't want to root my phone and mess with magisk etc. So, Is there any third party camera app which performs even slightly better than stock miui app? Thanks

Reactions: Jitendra mittal

yashgumaste

Dec 20, 2014
So our current HHT is good now?
Very impressive, for this hardware

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Isn't that what HDR does as well? But in HDR the end goal is to add/preserve detail, so I guess there's that.

HHT doesn't do much to improve low light pictures, imo. GCam does improve the camera in low light, but by a bit. It could still be better tho.

HDR is useful when you have very deep shadows and very bright highlights. Thus obtain high dynamic range. ie get make dark buildings brighter and bright sky darker to showcase clouds.

HHT is used to reduce low light noise.

Reactions: LouisMuruu

NITRO_100

Mar 10, 2011
Zagreb
Shooting with HHT still doesn't get anywhere close to Google HDR, I get far better shots even in daylight then Miui camera, if there weren't that ugly pattern on yellow colored objects or clear sky it would be perfect.

sipollo

Jan 4, 2015

sipollo

Jan 4, 2015
Thanks, I know about this version, but I was trying to find version with portrait mode and without these artifacts.

I have 2 versions installed with app cloner: one with all functionality and one if i have to take photos with yellow objects. Not a perfect solution but they work.

Last edited:

Sobhan Bhuyan

Apr 25, 2017
Xiaomi Mi A1
Samsung Galaxy S9

echocae

Aug 27, 2017
I dont know if this real gcam but this is no root, i try ... and it work similar to Google Pixel 2 potrait and it can produce potrait selfie with A1
en.miui.com/thread-1518379-1-1.html <--- please research ([no root] [lens blur] [no camera2api] [oreo]GCam Finally uploaded Samples also) on miui Mi A1 devices page

Reactions: vijayavkm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is actually no root required for editing build.prop. You unlock the bootloader, then you can boot (not flash) the TWRP and mount system with W permissions. Pull the build.prop file, edit it and push it back to its place. Then you need to set the permissions of the file through the shell. As the last thing you can relock the bootloader and have the edited build.prop file without having the root.

Google it and you will find the guide.

I tested it myself. It works.
    Once you mount the system as read/write, you can't apply OTA. This is why it's better to use Magisk instead of altering system files directly.
    Shooting with HHT still doesn't get anywhere close to Google HDR, I get far better shots even in daylight then Miui camera, if there weren't that ugly pattern on yellow colored objects or clear sky it would be perfect.

Use this version it does not have portait, AR stickers, etc but does not produce artifacts and works with Oreo:
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/GC_5.0.009.apk
    Htf do you think miui camera is useless. I am a photographer. And find it quit usefull and makes full use dual lens. Have you even tried HHT? Never compare two different apps. HDR+ is google's algorithm. You won't get in miui camera. HHT is miui's thing. You won't get in Gcam. Anyways HDR+ is not mandatory, you can get it from any post processing app.

A1 camera is superb in Day light only. It can't beat Google Camera in very low light. Everyone trying Google Camera here for getting Selfie Portrait mods. That not available in A1 camera .. I am not a photographer. But i can tell as a normal user in low light Google Camera perform really better than A1 camera. May be some 3rd party apps can do that but someone loves Google Camera
    As i told earlier i am a normal user. I even don't know what is HHT ... Can u explain?

EDIT

Found HHT from Camera settings. Will try today evening and let u know