Unlocked bootloader required for installation!
Not tried on other phone models, neither I suggest you to...
Splash screen is the content (images) on the screen that appears before bootanimation (the phone start-up animation).
As you know, once we unlock our phone's bootloader, we get an ugly message reading 'Bootloader has been unlocked, device could not be verified...' every time the phone starts/restarts:
So, I created this splash screen replacement to hide that annoying warning. Also, I do most of the tinkering with custom ROMs on my Mi A1 at night, and restarting with a white screen on full brightness kind of makes my eyes bleed, so every possible screen is now with black background. Refer images:
The critical error screen, and fastboot screen are kept stock, as those were black already:
- Unlocked bootloader
- A PC with adb drivers
- A backup of stock Splash-screen (Refer Below)
- New splash file to flash (Refer below)
- Reboot to fastboot/bootloader mode or start the phone by pressing [Vol down] + [Power].
- Connect the phone to PC and paste the splash file to folder containing the adb files.
- While in the adb folder, press [Shift]+[Right Click] and select 'Open Powershell Window Here'/'Open Command Prompt Window Here'
- Enter command 'fastboot devices'. This will return the list of devices connected. This is to ensure that your device has been connected properly.
- Enter command 'fastboot flash splash <spash image name>.img', where <spash image name> is to be replaced with the name of image you are flashing. Once the command finishes executing, power on the phone, and Voila!
Confirmed to be working on Pie based Roms(Personally Tested)
Made using guide by GokulNC. Thread:https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...plash-t3681033
All the logos used here are the properties of their respective owners, and no copyright infringement is intended.
Buy me coffee: https://www.paypal.me/devashishgulati
Splash Screen Flash Files (More to be added later):
Stock Splash: https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...8&d=1506686803
Lineage OS: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18l...mJ-KMEmJhioqUH
Stock black with warning removed: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1or...JmxRxumx6aDaGj