FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Lineage OS Splash Screen/Remove bootloader unlock warning on Mi A1 (tissot)

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By indtiger93, Junior Member on 23rd February 2019, 07:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Lineage OS Splash screen for Mi A1 a.k.a. tissot

Unlocked bootloader required for installation!
Not tried on other phone models, neither I suggest you to...

Splash screen is the content (images) on the screen that appears before bootanimation (the phone start-up animation).

As you know, once we unlock our phone's bootloader, we get an ugly message reading 'Bootloader has been unlocked, device could not be verified...' every time the phone starts/restarts:

Unlocked Bootloader Warning

So, I created this splash screen replacement to hide that annoying warning. Also, I do most of the tinkering with custom ROMs on my Mi A1 at night, and restarting with a white screen on full brightness kind of makes my eyes bleed, so every possible screen is now with black background. Refer images:

Replacement of Bootloader Warning Screen loaded before Bootanimation First screen on boot, if bootloader is locked later

The critical error screen, and fastboot screen are kept stock, as those were black already:
Critical Error Screen Fastboot Screen

Pre-requisites:
  1. Unlocked bootloader
  2. A PC with adb drivers
  3. A backup of stock Splash-screen (Refer Below)
  4. New splash file to flash (Refer below)

Installation steps:
  1. Reboot to fastboot/bootloader mode or start the phone by pressing [Vol down] + [Power].
  2. Connect the phone to PC and paste the splash file to folder containing the adb files.
  3. While in the adb folder, press [Shift]+[Right Click] and select 'Open Powershell Window Here'/'Open Command Prompt Window Here'
  4. Enter command 'fastboot devices'. This will return the list of devices connected. This is to ensure that your device has been connected properly.
  5. Enter command 'fastboot flash splash <spash image name>.img', where <spash image name> is to be replaced with the name of image you are flashing. Once the command finishes executing, power on the phone, and Voila!

Confirmed to be working on Pie based Roms(Personally Tested)

Credits:
Made using guide by GokulNC. Thread:https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...plash-t3681033
All the logos used here are the properties of their respective owners, and no copyright infringement is intended.

Buy me coffee: https://www.paypal.me/devashishgulati

Splash Screen Flash Files (More to be added later):
Stock Splash: https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...8&d=1506686803
Lineage OS: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18l...mJ-KMEmJhioqUH
Stock black with warning removed: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1or...JmxRxumx6aDaGj
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to indtiger93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift indtiger93 Ad-Free

24th February 2019, 12:30 AM |#2  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 155

Donate to Me
More
What if we want to go back to stock one?
24th February 2019, 04:46 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatzIt2Ya

What if we want to go back there stock one?

I have attached the stock splash file in pre-requisite steps, in case you run into an error or don't like the new splash or want to visit service center, and want to revert.
The Following User Says Thank You to indtiger93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift indtiger93 Ad-Free
24th February 2019, 05:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indtiger93

I have attached the stock splash file in pre-requisite steps, in case you run into an error or don't like the new splash or want to visit service center, and want to revert.

Just a suggestion, can you add screen shot to op..
24th February 2019, 08:37 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnbwta

Just a suggestion, can you add screen shot to op..

Wasn't clear with what screenshot was required. Instead Moved stock splash to the same place in the page.
24th February 2019, 10:09 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indtiger93

Wasn't clear with what screenshot was required. Instead Moved stock splash to the same place in the page.

No, I mean screenshot for the "lineage splashscreen"
GuestK00164
6th March 2019, 04:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Has anyone else tested this splash image?
6th March 2019, 10:17 PM |#8  
Flag Warwick
Thanks Meter: 87

More
This is it as a flashable zip. Thank me later.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lineage_splash.zip - [Click for QR Code] (619.1 KB, 44 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheffy11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cheffy11 Ad-Free
7th March 2019, 09:03 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3,798

More
Is it possible to make a black version of the stock Xiaomi splash animation like in the OP? Tired of seeing the warning screen as well but I'm currently on PE so the LOS one doesn't really fit.
19th March 2019, 02:15 PM |#10  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheffy11

This is it as a flashable zip. Thank me later.

then how can I go back to the stock bootanimation?
23rd March 2019, 06:40 AM |#11  
Flag Shibuya
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Thanks man.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)