LineageOS 17.1 - Xiaomi A2 Lite - Development Only

Search This thread

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
I have some previous experience building rom from the WIko Wax and the Huawei P8.

I run the Xiaomi A2 Lite as my daily driver, so I can't afford to test this ROM.

I do not know if this will even boot. As I said, I need you members of this forum to test this and tell me what works and the ROM's performance.

This ROM is based on LineageOS 17.1, so that is Android 10.

With a bit of luck this should work out of the box. It is here, that I should thank the pople from the Team Potato here https://xdaforums.com/mi-a2-lite/development/10-0-posp-v3-q-daisy-t4011191 They are the ones who made most of the work to bring Android 10 to this device. I have just modified it a bit. Once again, props to them.

And here are the links to the different versions:

Version 0.1
  • No device audio
  • No camera
Link V0.1

Version 0.2
  • LED not working when charging
  • Fixed Camera
  • Fixed Audio
Link V0.2

Version 0.2.1
  • Fixed LED
Link V0.2.1

Version 0.3
  • More breaking than fixing
  • Wireless display fixed
Link V0.3

Version 0.5
  • Everything should be fixed now
  • OTA crashes whe nhitting install
Link V0.5

Version 0.6
  • Uses right microphone for camcorder
Link V0.6

Version 0.7
  • Fixed wireless display
  • Fix decoder.avc errors
  • Build tinymix
  • Build libldacBT_dec
Link V0.7

Version 0.8
  • Everything should work
  • Stable flashlight behaviour
  • Fixed green camera tint in low light
Link V0.8

Version 0.9
  • Camera switching fixed
  • Everything works
  • Working OTA
Link V0.9

Version 0.9.1
  • Fixed back video recording
Link V0.9.1

Version 0.9.5
  • Fixed flash issue
  • Should be bug-free
Link V0.9.5

Version 0.9.5.1
  • Fixes GCAM
Link V0.9.5.1

Version 1.0
  • Everything is stable now
  • New HAL1/HAL3 switch
Link V1.0

Always latest url: https://github.com/a-huk/otaserver/releases/download/09/lineage-17.1-20201115-UNOFFICIAL-daisy.zip

It is a zip, I suppose that it will be possible to flash it through TWRP, just clean flash as much as possible. I am not responsible for any harm this may do to your devices.

Again, please only post with feedback on the ROM, logcats would be useful as well or some benchmarks. I would like to make this stable and if possible official with Lineage. I know this forum is a mess, but again it is only for development. I will make propper one if this ever works. I need testers, thanks in advance. And props to the Potato Team

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

Contributors
reujea0
Source Code: https://github.com/a-huk/device_xiaomi_daisy

ROM OS Version: Android 10
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-02
Last Updated 2020-04-04

Last edited:

celrau

Mar 24, 2013
It boots, it runs great. No audio of any kind and camera (stock and GCam) not working. So far..
In any case, thanks for the rom and fast delivery.

Sorry, BT and headphones audio works for music and notifications.

Attachments

• Los17.log.txt.zip
    83.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Last edited:

lacia-chan

May 23, 2017
Last edited:

Cappucinto

May 22, 2016
Thank you so much for your work. Imma fan of Lineage since the beginning and would prefer it over stock rom.

I dont want to be rude or anything but your bringup is quite a mess in my eyes and why is audio and **** not working for you since almost everything works fine here besides the wifi dsplay and fm radio

WTF!? It's for testing purposes only as OT says. Maybe u can contribute and help solving those issues?

Last edited:
Reactions: czeck.page

celrau

Mar 24, 2013
Sick, could you test some more things, like sd, calls, LTE, and run an ANTUTU benchark?

SD card works, calls I just tested with my other phone, LTE later since I don't have it at my current location. GPS works pretty good. I never used ANTUTU but will give it a try later.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Notification/charging light not working

Reactions: moixiax and mizi_

lacia-chan

May 23, 2017
Thank you so much for your work. Imma fan of Lineage since the beginning and would prefer it over stock rom.

WTF!? It's for testing purposes only as OT says. Maybe u can contribute and help solving those issues?

XD, I took a look at his commits and they looked like a mess and i linked him to my updated trees that have the audio and cam issue solved so next time read further into the message instead of trying to become a white knight thanks

Reactions: anzhaki

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
XD, I took a look at his commits and they looked like a mess and i linked him to my updated trees that have the audio and cam issue solved so next time read further into the message instead of trying to become a white knight thanks

Yeah they are a mess, getting started ?, haven't done this in a while. Yeah, this is pretty much your tree with your latest commits and some changes to convert it to a lineage tree. I also ignore neverallows to let the build finish. I will have to eventually deal with them to make it into an official build. In the meantime I plan on hosting an OTA server on my own. I am not hiding that most of this is your work, it is forked and I thank the POSP team and other devs who worked on the A2 Lite, thanks again. I just prefer LOS and there seems to be demand for it so I'm here trying to build it.

I don't think that there is a need for anyone to argue, we all have the same phone, more ROMs are always welcome and merit should be given where it is due, which I think has been done.

I will make another post in the following days, where everything is properly outlined with some more explanations.

lacia-chan

May 23, 2017
Yeah they are a mess, getting started , haven't done this in a while. Yeah, this is pretty much your tree with your latest commits and some changes to convert it to a lineage tree. I also ignore neverallows to let the build finish. I will have to eventually deal with them to make it into an official build. In the meantime I plan on hosting an OTA server on my own. I am not hiding that most of this is your work, it is forked and I thank the POSP team and other devs who worked on the A2 Lite, thanks again. I just prefer LOS and there seems to be demand for it so I'm here trying to build it.

I don't think that there is a need for anyone to argue, we all have the same phone, more ROMs are always welcome and merit should be given where it is due, which I think has been done.

I will make another post in the following days, where everything is properly outlined with some more explanations.

oh no you got me wrong, Your credits were alrights its just that your source is a mess and that trees i linked have the issues like cam and audio fixed and nope more roms is not a great idea because we had a buildbot apocalypse earlier during the pie days we had like 42 roms at that point

Reactions: hossman

general.nie7

Oct 9, 2015
That's awesome news @reujea0, congratulations!

LineageOS is all I need for this phone.
I'll move to this ROM as soon as it gets close to official (I use it as my daily driver).

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
oh no you got me wrong, Your credits were alrights its just that your source is a mess and that trees i linked have the issues like cam and audio fixed and nope more roms is not a great idea because we had a buildbot apocalypse earlier during the pie days we had like 42 roms at that point
Yeah, can completely agree with this, but tbh I feel like Los is a must for any phone. I'm not saying that it is better/worse than other ROMs but anyone in the scene knows it and most of them are stable and close to AOSP.

celrau

Mar 24, 2013
Sick, could you test some more things, like sd, calls, LTE, and run an ANTUTU benchark?

LTE works fine

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Your intervention, well intended as you say it was should have been private, otherwise it is what it looks like.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Please enable signature spoofing for MicroG

g3t00ls

Apr 3, 2020
1st of all thank you so much, for starting this missing project, this afternoon i'll report more!

1. ZIP wouldnt install through TWRP (error: to Edit later) (deleted System/Data/Cache Stuff, from Android 9), so unpacked payload.bin, and flashed manually in fastboot from stock 9.

2. One permission which is needed for MicroG with Playstore (no gapps) I think something like certificate/signing spoofing is missing. (Specify later)

Besides that feels quite stable, safety net passed with opengapps/magisk, can comfirm wifi, camera, sound works. Noticed nothing wrong, will test more today, right now writing in this Rom!

Someone asked for antutu Benchmark? Could not run it, inside the tutorial the "which OS are you using" wasnt clickable, probably because off the app itself? But:

3D Mark
853 points - my A2 Lite LOS 17.1 > 56% than other A2 Lite's
(Average)

Last edited:
Reactions: czeck.page

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have some previous experience building rom from the WIko Wax and the Huawei P8.

I run the Xiaomi A2 Lite as my daily driver, so I can't afford to test this ROM.

I do not know if this will even boot. As I said, I need you members of this forum to test this and tell me what works and the ROM's performance.

This ROM is based on LineageOS 17.1, so that is Android 10.

With a bit of luck this should work out of the box. It is here, that I should thank the pople from the Team Potato here https://xdaforums.com/mi-a2-lite/development/10-0-posp-v3-q-daisy-t4011191 They are the ones who made most of the work to bring Android 10 to this device. I have just modified it a bit. Once again, props to them.

And here are the links to the different versions:

Version 0.1
    • No device audio
    • No camera
    Link V0.1

Version 0.2
    • LED not working when charging
    • Fixed Camera
    • Fixed Audio
    Link V0.2

Version 0.2.1
    • Fixed LED
    Link V0.2.1

Version 0.3
    • More breaking than fixing
    • Wireless display fixed
    Link V0.3

Version 0.5
    • Everything should be fixed now
    • OTA crashes whe nhitting install
    Link V0.5

Version 0.6
    • Uses right microphone for camcorder
    Link V0.6

Version 0.7
    • Fixed wireless display
    • Fix decoder.avc errors
    • Build tinymix
    • Build libldacBT_dec
    Link V0.7

Version 0.8
    • Everything should work
    • Stable flashlight behaviour
    • Fixed green camera tint in low light
    Link V0.8

Version 0.9
    • Camera switching fixed
    • Everything works
    • Working OTA
    Link V0.9

Version 0.9.1
    • Fixed back video recording
    Link V0.9.1

Version 0.9.5
    • Fixed flash issue
    • Should be bug-free
    Link V0.9.5

Version 0.9.5.1
    • Fixes GCAM
    Link V0.9.5.1

Version 1.0
    • Everything is stable now
    • New HAL1/HAL3 switch
    Link V1.0

Always latest url: https://github.com/a-huk/otaserver/releases/download/09/lineage-17.1-20201115-UNOFFICIAL-daisy.zip

It is a zip, I suppose that it will be possible to flash it through TWRP, just clean flash as much as possible. I am not responsible for any harm this may do to your devices.

Again, please only post with feedback on the ROM, logcats would be useful as well or some benchmarks. I would like to make this stable and if possible official with Lineage. I know this forum is a mess, but again it is only for development. I will make propper one if this ever works. I need testers, thanks in advance. And props to the Potato Team

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

Contributors
    reujea0
    Source Code: https://github.com/a-huk/device_xiaomi_daisy

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-04-02
    Last Updated 2020-04-04
    OK 0.5 is out. This should be working fine, even OTAs will appear, for now only one ota will appear, but it is the same version as 0.5. It will download fine (a bit slow cuz running on a hoe broadband, but will download), when hitting install it will crash, you can still long press it and export, it will be in the internall memory and flash it with twrp (offain version). If everything works fine I will release it as unnoficial 1.0. Then I will start looking into getting it official and microG. But it should run as well as a official build
    Ok, V0.8 is out, normally everything is working so that I can start making my way to official. For those that use gapps, I recommend BitGapps as they seem more stable than the usual open gaaps. In a week or two I will try and push a build with microG as well as get official. Lmn if something is not working
    First sorry for the long wait/silence. I have had some things come up. With that said, I think that the ROM is a pretty good shape (many thanks to lacia-chan). So expect a new build in a couple of hours. It should have a working OTA system. More details to follow
    Ok v0.9 is out. This should be the final version as nothing should break. Even OTA is working, camera is fixed. Please test it out. If this works it will be the first "official" (unofficialà Los17 build I will put out - meaning that dev phase has ended.