FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Paranoid Android Pie Beta - Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

831 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,060

By 33bca, Recognized Developer on 19th March 2019, 02:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

We’re really excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Pie betas.

On first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those who are unfamiliar, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhances the overall user experience.

The beta builds include adjustments and improvements on top of the stock Android CAF base. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features.

Device-specific issues

- DT2W
- Camera crashes if it detects a face

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Download

Get the latest Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite build here!

Changelogs

Paranoid Android Pie beta released

Requirements
  • * Required * firmware version must be based on P-based builds.
  • Formatting/Wiping data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage (in case of a format)) is a must if you were using a different rom previously.

Instructions
  • Boot recovery from fastboot (TWRP recovery for Mi A2 Lite)
  • Format/Wipe /system and /data
  • Install AOSPA zip package
  • Install [optional] TWRP flashable
Don't forget to change slots after installing the rom in TWRP!
You have to reboot TWRP to the "new" slot to install GApps!

Important / Useful links
TWRP (bootable): https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397933315
TWRP (flashable): https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397933316
Forced encryption disabler: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397907941
Kernel source: https://github.com/33bca/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953

Help us improve PA by submitting good bug reports possibly with a log attached. Learn how to take logs here.

Our device maintainer for Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is @33bca. Mention (@) me if you need some assistance and/or when reporting bugs.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to 33bca For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th March 2019, 02:01 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Basel

More
# Reserved
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 33bca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2019, 02:01 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Basel

More
# Reserved 2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 33bca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2019, 02:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
a many thanks @33bca for your hard work you put into developing for our a2 lite

what bothers me most before trying your pa rom is the question if i can revert back to stock (inlcuding a/B Partitons and Stock Recovery, Encryption ) without any problem ? and if so what steps do i have to do to revert back to stock ?

normaly i would just make a backup from within twrp of my stock Phone and then do a restore if needed but as i unterstand it right thats not possible at the moment with the extisting versions of twrp for our a2 lite ? so maybe just get a2 lite into fastboot mode and flash an original fastboot image ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovebytes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilovebytes Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 02:38 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Nice thanks 😁
19th March 2019, 02:56 PM |#6  

More
and some more questions @33bca on your instructions to install the rom:
Requirements

* Required * firmware version must be based on P-based builds.
so one must have 10.0.3.0 or 10.0.4.0 version of stock firmware on the a2 lite?
Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if the storage was encrypted previously.
how do i find out if phone is encrypted or not ? if i goto settings and then security & location - advanced and if there under encryption and credentials at encrypt phone it says encrypted - then i have to format data (from whithin stock rom or from within twrp ?

Instructions:
  • Boot recovery from fastboot (TWRP recovery for Mi A2 Lite)
so here i use your bootable twrp img file (from your first link) with the command "fastboot boot recovery twrp-daisy-3.2.3-0-offain.img" ?
  • Format /system and /data
ist this the step you mention in the requirements or to i have to do this additionally to the step in the requirements ?
  • Install AOSPA zip package
just flash your pa rom within twrp ?
  • Install [optional] TWRP flashable
so here i flash the twrp (flashable from your second link) within twrp ?

and finally when should the "Forced encryption disabler" be flashed right after first time booting into twrp or after formating system and data ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilovebytes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilovebytes Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 03:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Yeah I need more detailed instructions to get this work 😏
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apelamod For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift apelamod Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 03:56 PM |#8  
Flag Bmore
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apelamod

Yeah I need more detailed instructions to get this work 😏

Go to custom driod a2 lite twrp easyist way I've seen.besides that littwrl just flash ROM n switch slots o yea plus gapps.then u will have to reinstall twrp
The Following User Says Thank You to rob420p For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rob420p Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 04:11 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebytes

what bothers me most before trying your pa rom is the question if i can revert back to stock (inlcuding a/B Partitons and Stock Recovery, Encryption ) without any problem ? and if so what steps do i have to do to revert back to stock ?
normaly i would just make a backup from within twrp of my stock Phone and then do a restore if needed but as i unterstand it right thats not possible at the moment with the extisting versions of twrp for our a2 lite ? so maybe just get a2 lite into fastboot mode and flash an original fastboot image ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob420p

I would imagine u would need to use mi flash.or switch back to the other slot

hope you don't mind i put your quote from the other Thread into this one as i think its more usefull here now

thats what i need to know before i am gonnna give it a try - can i revert back to a completely Stock A2 lite from PA Rom with just putting the A2 lite into Fastboot Mode an flash a pie fastboot image (10.0.3.0 ore 10.0.4.0) with Miflash ?
The Following User Says Thank You to ilovebytes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilovebytes Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 04:18 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
- Camera crashes if it detects a face

Can face detecting be turned off?
The Following User Says Thank You to tres0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tres0r Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 09:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
@33bca after install opencamera app I have not bug Camera crashes if it detects a face
The Following User Says Thank You to ada12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ada12 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)