Overall love

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it. :eek:

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: KleishNG

BubuXP

Premise: I'm actually using a Redmi Note 4 with LineageOS, happily.
When Mi A2 Lite was announced days ago, I was like: "nobody will buy this device, with SD625 and micro USB in mid 2018".
Then a tech-dumb friend gave me an iPhone X to configure. I played with it for a day and I find it very comfy to hold in hand, and one-hand usability is very good (except for some iOS design flaws, but I hate the Apple philosophy in general).
I was so in love with the compactness of the iPhone X compared to my RN4, that I immediately searched for a phone that is not wider than 72 mm (the iPhone X is 71 mm). Thanks to GSMArena phone finder, I restricted the search down to two phones: the Nokia 6.1 and the Mi A2 Lite (I excluded all the unlock-able bootloader phones, and the Mediatek phones because of very poor custom ROMs and mods scenario, no updates and violation of the Linux kernel GPL).

The Nokia 6.1 (X6 in Asia) seems perfect under all aspects, but I found that Nokia don't unlock the bootloaders of their phones, and it's a no-go for me.

The last choice was the Mi A2 Lite, a phone with unlock-able bootloader but with an aged chipset. But frankly, it's the same chipset as my actual phone, and it does everything I need without problems. It's like having my same RN4 but in compact form and with upgraded camera (the same as RN5 I read somewhere).
In the end it will be a very small hardware upgrade, but a great upgrade for usability and for my fingers' health.

I will review this phone better when I will get it the next week.

Last edited:

justwondering

Nov 18, 2010
My A2 Lite 4GB arrived today.....screen seems a bit smaller when held in the hand than I had Imagined but I am use to a Oneplus 5 and a 5T, currently running all 3 phones, few minor gripes for the price, mostly software related

The battery percentage option does not work when set in the System UI Tuner, I had to download an app to show the percentage in the notification area and then remove the battery icon using the System UI Tuner.

Also the navigation buttons, I cannot find a way to swap there order, also no way for the navigation buttons to be called upon when needed rather than them taking up a portion of the screen at all times, which is ideal when surfing or reading a site, but hopefully there is a method, On the oneplus you can simply set to be called upon with a swipe up gesture from the bottom of the screen.

azq8ooz

Feb 19, 2015
My A2 Lite 4GB arrived today.....screen seems a bit smaller when held in the hand than I had Imagined but I am use to a Oneplus 5 and a 5T, currently running all 3 phones, few minor gripes for the price, mostly software related

The battery percentage option does not work when set in the System UI Tuner, I had to download an app to show the percentage in the notification area and then remove the battery icon using the System UI Tuner.

Also the navigation buttons, I cannot find a way to swap there order, also no way for the navigation buttons to be called upon when needed rather than them taking up a portion of the screen at all times, which is ideal when surfing or reading a site, but hopefully there is a method, On the oneplus you can simply set to be called upon with a swipe up gesture from the bottom of the screen.
Same

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

VS88

Oct 12, 2015
Košice
It is a great phone, because of the AndroidOne and overall build and looks. Otherwise, all comments here apply to me also.
Things it misses from ideal phone for me are: at least SD636 (BT5, etc) and better camera (aperture at least 2.0)

Reactions: BubuXP

DonkeyKonk

Aug 9, 2018
Very happy with this phone. Rapid Charging on good old Micro Usb (I don't want to have to change to USb C yet), great battery life, pure android, Loud Loud Speaker, android one is very smooth, no bloat, IR blaster, a kind of Hidden FM Radio (using Qmmi settings, not great but usuable in a way), great size and shape for me I can use one handed, just, and the camera is decent enough for me.

First time I have bee

soulz

Nov 26, 2011
Moscow
When Mi A2 Lite was announced days ago, I was like: "nobody will buy this device, with SD625 and micro USB in mid 2018".
Then a tech-dumb friend gave me an iPhone X to configure. I played with it for a day and I find it very comfy to hold in hand, and one-hand usability is very good (except for some iOS design flaws, but I hate the Apple philosophy in general).
I was so in love with the compactness of the iPhone X compared to my RN4, that I immediately searched for a phone that is not wider than 72 mm (the iPhone X is 71 mm). Thanks to GSMArena phone finder, I restricted the search down to two phones: the Nokia 6.1 and the Mi A2 Lite (I excluded all the unlock-able bootloader phones, and the Mediatek phones because of very poor custom ROMs and mods scenario, no updates and violation of the Linux kernel GPL).

The Nokia 6.1 (X6 in Asia) seems perfect under all aspects, but I found that Nokia don't unlock the bootloaders of their phones, and it's a no-go for me.

The last choice was the Mi A2 Lite, a phone with unlock-able bootloader but with an aged chipset. But frankly, it's the same chipset as my actual phone, and it does everything I need without problems. It's like having my same RN4 but in compact form and with upgraded camera (the same as RN5 I read somewhere).
In the end it will be a very small hardware upgrade, but a great upgrade for usability and for my fingers' health.

I have it now, it's slow as duck but good phone.

ttdom

Jun 13, 2013
Bought it 2 month ago..am travelling now. Nothing beats the big battery..side effect is lot of cheap places don't give up remote of airconditioning if any.. then I fire up phone and the ir blaster manages to make everything cold and nice..phone is not super cool but proves itself

vsm20461

Jan 4, 2019
Hello, I'm creating an account in order to give my real-life review of this phone.

For overall love, I would say 4/5.
I'm definitely felling this phone, right here.
I bought the phone in October 2018 and today, January 2019, I still enjoy this device.

I will give further details in the separate categories.

bast525

Nov 15, 2007
Chesapeake, VA
I'm VERY happy with this phone, especially considering how how insanely cheap it is. Screen is gorgeous, battery life is fantastic, performance is good even on newer graphic intensive games. Downsides? It's thicker and heavier than most phones of similar size,and the camera is so so.

8 out of 10. Blows away the MotoE4 I was using before this, which that phone was only about $40 cheaper.

D

Deleted member 9900603

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it. :eek:

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    It is a great phone, because of the AndroidOne and overall build and looks. Otherwise, all comments here apply to me also.
    Things it misses from ideal phone for me are: at least SD636 (BT5, etc) and better camera (aperture at least 2.0)