FORUMS

[Bootloop] Xiaomi Mi A2 - PIE

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By ewertombarbosa, Junior Member on 18th December 2018, 05:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Personally, today I received the update of the "December 2018" Security Patch from my Mi A2 (Already with the Pie), but after "extracting the files, updating the apps" and request to reboot, my cell phone does not exit the ANDROID screen anymore ONE.

It stays on this screen until it turns off again (automatic).

Did someone else do that?

Do you know how to correct this error ??

Thank you!
18th December 2018, 05:35 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Do you have unloked bootloader?

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk
18th December 2018, 07:00 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pero55

Do you have unloked bootloader?

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk


I have already tried to access recovery, as well as reboot the bootloader through the fastboot, but nothing. He either enters the Fastboot, or stands still on the Android One screen.

I can not unlock Bootloader because it has no way to enable usb debugging and disable oem locking since it does not access the system.
18th December 2018, 07:02 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Im in the same exact situation. Got the update and phone gets stuck at boot screen.
18th December 2018, 07:25 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
You have to enter Edl mode and flash rom with mi flash. I had the same problem and solved it. this is the only way for the lock bootloader.

https://youtu.be/i3OU4DOd7aY
https://en.miui.com/thread-3524265-1-1.html

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk
18th December 2018, 07:39 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewertombarbosa

Personally, today I received the update of the "December 2018" Security Patch from my Mi A2 (Already with the Pie), but after "extracting the files, updating the apps" and request to reboot, my cell phone does not exit the ANDROID screen anymore ONE.

It stays on this screen until it turns off again (automatic).

Did someone else do that?

Do you know how to correct this error ??

Thank you!

I have just received this OTA and now I don't know if I should install it, were you root user or did you have modified the software? Mabye a Magisk module not being deactivated/uninstalled before the OTA caused your bootloop...
18th December 2018, 07:46 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Doing this wont void the warranty?
18th December 2018, 08:43 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
i have the same problem but my bootloader is unlocked. i dont want to lose my userdata, what should i do?
The Following User Says Thank You to coree For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coree Ad-Free
18th December 2018, 10:46 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coree

i have the same problem but my bootloader is unlocked. i dont want to lose my userdata, what should i do?

Have you got TWRP or any other custom recovery installed? If not, install it and copy your data from there to your PC, then flash again all software partitions and when you reboot your device, restore the backup. It should work...

If not, you can try the experimental way and flash again all the partitions except userdata, but I'm not sure this way will work...
19th December 2018, 12:11 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
once i unlocked the bootloader i didnt do fastboot unlock critical. but i need it to flash the partitions. if i do it know will all userdate be erased?
19th December 2018, 04:23 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coree

i have the same problem but my bootloader is unlocked. i dont want to lose my userdata, what should i do?

Just use flash_all_except_data script. It worked for me with extracted ota payload, and you can now use full fastboot 10.0.2.0 image - link is available.

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by coree

once i unlocked the bootloader i didnt do fastboot unlock critical. but i need it to flash the partitions. if i do it know will all userdate be erased?

Unlocking will wipe all userdata. This is why I always unlock everything right after buying the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes