Thanks Meter: 0

By vladankrle, Junior Member on 22nd January 2019, 09:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th January 2019, 10:32 PM |#11  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Confirmed, unfortunately
Dammit, you guys!..:) UNFORTUNATELY, this is confirmed!!

Brand new Mi A2 (Global Version), from the shop today and went through System updates - through, to Google January 2019 Security Update and the device will not boot; same problem as with everybody else here. Argh.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken218

However... The phone came back to live this evening but God knows how.

Yup, had just managed to start it: system was up. Went for a Factory Reset and now I'm back in the loop. Stuck again, just upon rebooting. :( This is going the be a serious issue.

Quote:

Try to start it with holding both volume buttons down and power - then release after logo and, also -perhaps- volume down.

^^ At least, that's what I think I'd done, heh. Sorry, not 100% sure, all happened in -serious- panic! xF

EDIT: Ah, well, thank God (LOL). It looks like there isn't anything wrong with Google's "Security patch level: January 5, 2019" (Android 9)!

However, because this happened through normal operation - it seems that a LOT of people *are* going to have this problem...

How many know that you should Factory (Data) Reset after a (regular, OTA) update; and how many will be able to boot their device, out of the loop. Geez!

P.S. Btw., you owe me *beers! ;$

EDIT: Zomg., this thread is a duplicate, already @
Code:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a2/help/bootloop-recent-android-ota-update-t3892559

25th April 2019, 07:36 AM |#12  

More
Had the same problem here with April's update - hanging on logo screen constantly. Issue resolved when I connected phone to pc. Then it entered into factory reboot mode and finally booted correctly.
25th April 2019, 12:15 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ol3w

Had the same problem here with April's update - hanging on logo screen constantly. Issue resolved when I connected phone to pc. Then it entered into factory reboot mode and finally booted correctly.

You only connected it to the pc? @ol3w
26th April 2019, 01:11 PM |#14  

More
Quote:

Thanks! This worked for me!
26th April 2019, 02:23 PM |#15  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

I had similar issue with April 2019 update. But mine was switching off few seconds after the Android One logo screen. The phone can boot into fastboot mode though.

But instead of connecting to the PC like ol3w, I had mine connected to a charger to add some juice to the battery, thinking I will have to flash the firmware again. Few minutes later, I was promptted with a "The phone failed to boot previously, do you want to "Retry"/"Shutdown"" screen. (note: I can't really remember if the second option was "Shutdown" or something else). I selected "Retry" thinking it will fail again. But then, couple of minutes later, the phone booted correctly.

Xiaomi's security patch is getting quite... unreliable recently. Wondering if I should abandon ship when pixel 3a is out (if it doesnt cost premium money)
8th May 2019, 04:35 AM |#16  

More
Same problem with boot after update 2019
8th May 2019, 07:44 AM |#17  

More
Failed to boot
I had the same problem. My problem was solved by using USB cable. I connected USB cable to the PC and mobile and I pushed Power. Mobile booted correctly and I work from this time. Try it, I wish you good luck.
T
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)