FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][MI A2 / MI 6X] How to unbrick from ARB (EDL state)

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 246

By djmitza222, Member on 24th September 2018, 01:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Salve! As you may know, Xiaomi enabled ARB (Anti-Roll Back) for Mi 6X starting with MIUI 10. It means that if you try to downgrade from MIUI 10 to MIUI 9, your device will enter in a brick EDL state and the only way to recover it is to send it to Xiaomi or flash it using MiFlash and an Authorized Account.

Yes, I am stupid and it happened to me.

Now, as I read here on XDA, there are some people who managed to brick their device by triggering the ARB when they converted the Mi A2 to Mi 6X to test MIUI. So if you flashed MIUI 10 and didn't deleted firmware-update from the .zip file, you triggered the ARB. If you tried to flash MIUI 9 or stock Mi A2 ROM, you managed to brick your device and it stays in an EDL state (Qualcomm 9008). You SIMPLY CANNOT rollback to Android One yet but you can revive your device very easy without test point or Mi Authorized Account.

Steps are simple. You just need to restore the device to the latest available MIUI 10 with a modified version of MiFlash by using wayne (Mi 6X) ROM with patched files in order to bypass the Unauthorized Account thing.

Keep in mind that your device will be MI 6X forever! Forget about Android One! If you want to revert back to stock Android, flash AEX or Pixel Experience.

1. Download MiFlashTool and Patched Programmer files: CLICK
2. Download latest Mi 6X MIUI Developer ROM: CLICK
3. Unzip all the files on your Desktop
4. Copy the Patched Programmer files to images folder of ROM
5. Start MiFlashTool, select the folder with your ROM (do NOT select images folder), on the bottom-right select flash_all
6. Plug the phone on your computer, hit refresh and flash fast!
7. Your phone will start flashing. When "success" appears, unplug your device, press the power button for about 15 seconds and boom, it's alive again!
8. If you want root or to flash another ROM, download the TWRP image from the folder above and type:
fastboot boot «drop here the TWRP image»
Once booted, copy the TWRP image to internal memory
In TWRP, go to Install -> Install Image -> Select TWRP image -> Recovery
Reboot -> Recovery

Since this device is no longer a Mi A2, we have now a standalone recovery partition. With ARB triggered, you can flash any ROM from TWRP (MIUI 10, Pixel Experience, AEX, Treble etc.). If you flash again MIUI 9, you will brick again your device.

If you found this tutorial helpful, hit that thanks button!
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to djmitza222 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djmitza222 Ad-Free

24th September 2018, 01:56 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor & Social Contributor
Flag BCN
Thanks Meter: 5,685

Donate to Me
More
What kind of insane person on earth flashes MIUI 10 onto a Mi A2?
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
24th September 2018, 02:04 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxct

What kind of insane person on earth flashes MIUI 10 onto a Mi A2?

People that like the Look and Feel of MIUI. I would have bought the 6X but I need the bands supported by A2 only. I dont care about the Android One program, I will just stick with a "converted 6X" and use their Roms.

@djmitza222 Thank you for this Guide, will be useful for many users out there.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to windforce3425 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift windforce3425 Ad-Free
24th September 2018, 04:22 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Great bro 😍
24th September 2018, 06:51 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
wtf? :c

"[19:29:41]:0 COM3 3,0201117s [19:29:41 COM3]:[19:29:41 COM3]:dump:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><data><log value="ERROR: Only nop and sig tag can be recevied before authentication."/></data><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><data><response value="NAK" /></data>"
24th September 2018, 07:28 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Baia Mare

Donate to Me
More
What ROM did you flashed before brick? Try with this version of MiFlash http://xiaomitips.com/getfile/1474/?...AMP_ECID_EZOIC)
24th September 2018, 07:59 PM |#7  

More
That work!! Thank you so much!

If you get: error received hello packet; press button power 15 seconds
24th September 2018, 10:03 PM |#8  

More
Catastrophic failure(0x8000ffff: cmd<?xml version="1"MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes="131072"M emoryName="eMMc"SkipstorageInit="0" error after using flash tool u just gave link to please help.
24th September 2018, 10:43 PM |#9  
Flag Veszprém
Thanks Meter: 11

More
[delete]
25th September 2018, 12:07 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Baia Mare

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaamweber

maybe you can help me so i have an A2, i started flashing the MIUI9 first but there was an error message: ACK count mismatch. Since then the phone is a brick. I can boot it but stuck on the MI logo, also i can boot to fastboot but neither way does the phone recognized by my and other computers. When the phone is turned of and i press the power button only once the led is blinking but if I plug it in to the computer it starts to boot and stuck at the MI logo. Is there any way to recover or should i return it to a service center? Sorry if it's an offtopic question but you are my only hope.

Boot the phone in EDL mode from fastboot (fastboot oem edl) and flash Mi A2 stock ROM. It should work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djmitza222 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djmitza222 Ad-Free
25th September 2018, 12:19 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
after that and the cell phone resurrects, can this tutorial work?

https://en.miui.com/thread-3439864-1-1.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)