FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What LCD vendor do you have? (dial *#*#64663#*#* - Software version - TP Version)

TIANMA

58 Vote(s)
95.08%
JDI

2 Vote(s)
3.28%
Other (please specify)

1 Vote(s)
1.64%

Screen flickering and poor grey reproduction

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

By sas.mar, Member on 26th February 2019, 08:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread is to discuss the notorious screen problem with our Mi A2 February Pie release. As I was digging around XDA and 4PDA it has become clear that there are at least two types of LCD vendor:

1) TIANMA
2) JDI

I suppose you to note the vendor in your comment and confirm wherever the screen flickers or not.

Mine is from TIANMA and it suffers from flickering with the new update.

There definitely can be much more vendors, we all know Xiaomi's policies, they just put whatever parts they can buy in their phones.

So I've made a small poll for all of us so our dissatisfaction could be made clear to our dearest Xiaomi developers.

Cheers!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sas.mar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sas.mar Ad-Free

26th February 2019, 03:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
How to check your display vendor?
26th February 2019, 03:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas.mar

This thread is to discuss the notorious screen problem with our Mi A2 February Pie release. As I was digging around XDA and 4PDA it has become clear that there are at least two types of LCD vendor:

1) TIANMA
2) JDI

I suppose you to note the vendor in your comment and confirm wherever the screen flickers or not.

Mine is from TIANMA and it suffers from flickering with the new update.

There definitely can be much more vendors, we all know Xiaomi's policies, they just put whatever parts they can buy in their phones.

So I've made a small poll for all of us so our dissatisfaction could be made clear to our dearest Xiaomi developers.

Cheers!

I think it's just a software issue.

You can fix the colour levels and flickering by simply flashing Hex kernel on stock February update. Mine's perfect now.
26th February 2019, 04:34 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 36

More
@[email protected]

Hi, the thing is, some users in Russian forums report they don't face any issues. I think it's better to discuss at least something here and make some noise... =)
I guess that intense kernel tweaking made by Xiaomi doesn't affect some part of devices. That doesn't excuse them at all though =)
26th February 2019, 04:49 PM |#5  
Flag Brazil
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I made this latest update 2 days after I purchased the A2 and didn't noticed any problem at all
26th February 2019, 07:02 PM |#6  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 39

More
My guess is that is a bug with the color profile since I'm not able to turn on the sRGB option in settings.
27th February 2019, 01:06 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadhah1000

How to check your display vendor?

Dial *#*#64663#*#* Software Version, TP Version

My screen is flickering too...I cannot understand wtf Xiaomi is doing, seriously.
27th February 2019, 04:00 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Tainma
27th February 2019, 06:11 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I just noticed about the screen flickering and its really annoying. Why are these things even happening... Once I upgraded to Pie with each "update" there is something wrong with the phone, be it minor or more serious issues like contacts messing up all the time. I expected clean and seamless experience when i bought this phone, but that's not what I got.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jole94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jole94 Ad-Free
27th February 2019, 04:27 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Tianma. Already voted. This is so annoying with darker/gray colored backgrounds. Watching youtube suuucks with this bug. But i do feel the phone to be a little snappier
27th February 2019, 04:42 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tainma
The update seems pretty borked. I tried booting into safe mode and disabling HW overlays with no result.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)