Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
Poco F5 Pro / Redmi K60 (China)

logo_black.png

AICP
Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
We changed again for Android Q with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device specific repositories.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out, if it concerns our code base. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
@maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
DU team
Resurrection Remix team
AOSiP team
Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
@eyosen
@semdoc
@SpiritCroc
@wartomato
@Miccia
plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 15.0

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
We advise everyone to keep at least the latest or best working build on their device as a backup.
Maybe copy it to a cloud service or USB too.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
(Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

Google Apps:
Latest Opengapps nano ARM64
https://opengapps.org

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
Before using the ROM:
Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP. Custom ROMs modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROMs. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
A. Information about Xposed, EdXposed or Riru Core can be obtained from the XPosed General forums .

Flashing the ROM:
Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
A. Yes, this is the usual behaviour on flashing a new official build by (or using) the build-in updater service.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterwards.

Using the ROM:

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Q. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
3. Wipe the System, Cache, and Data (you might need to format the data partition!).
4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work), GApps are already included for some a/b devices.
6. Reboot and set up your device, enable developer settings and in them OEM unlock/Advanced reboot/USB tethering.
7. Reboot back into TWRP recovery.
8. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
9. Reboot your device.
The procedure may vary from device to device and is a bit different on system updates!

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once! This might differ on AvB Devices.

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
Magisk versions >= 20.3 don't usually need to be flashed on every dirty flash.
Depending on the device, you may need to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise, you should be fine.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates):
TWRP recovery is needed to be able to flash using the built-in OTA app.
Please make sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery, keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!
On encrypted devices you will have to enter your PIN/password in TWRP before the process starts.

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:
https://github.com/AICP/kernel_xiaomi_sdm660
Device tree source:
https://github.com/AICP/device_xiaomi_wayne
Vendor source:
https://github.com/AICP/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi

ROM & Additional links:
AICP's Homepage
AICP Gerrit Code Review
AICP sources on Github
AICP Download page for official builds and media content
AICP Discord Community
AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:
@Nebrassy
@rcstar6696
@coderzs

ROM OS Version: 10.0.x
Kernel: Linux 4.4

Version Information:
Release Date: 03-06-2020

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

Last edited:

Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
R Nightly:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=318478

Download:
https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Telegram (memes ahead):
https://t.me/NSSFB

AICP Announcement channel:
https://t.me/aicprom

AICP Splash images
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=300685

TWRP:
https://mega.nz/#!zZBjUIQL!skoSxdQSCKMe0xwBCOcN0BIWS2jHePJYJDFaOawLehE

flashing instructions:

3. Wipe the System, Cache, and Data (you might need to format the data partition!).
4. Flash the ROM Zip file.
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
6. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
7. Reboot your device.

Last edited:

Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
Default theme is light with no transparency
Default accent is AOSP green
All customizable

Screenshots (from A2) :

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190325-061319_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20190325-061319_Lawnchair.png
    192.7 KB · Views: 3,417
  • Screenshot_20190325-061408_Google_Play_Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190325-061408_Google_Play_Store.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 3,401
  • Screenshot_20190325-061413_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20190325-061413_Google_Play_Store.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,330
  • Screenshot_20190325-061430_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20190325-061430_Google_Play_Store.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 3,097
  • Screenshot_20190325-061454_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190325-061454_Settings.png
    178.6 KB · Views: 3,108
  • Screenshot_20190325-061509_Aicp_Extras.png
    Screenshot_20190325-061509_Aicp_Extras.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 3,013
  • Screenshot_20190325-061514_Aicp_Extras.png
    Screenshot_20190325-061514_Aicp_Extras.png
    134.5 KB · Views: 2,864
  • Screenshot_20190325-061533_Aicp_Extras.png
    Screenshot_20190325-061533_Aicp_Extras.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,601
  • Screenshot_20190325-061547_Aicp_Extras.png
    Screenshot_20190325-061547_Aicp_Extras.png
    123.6 KB · Views: 2,411
  • Screenshot_20190325-062035_Aicp_Extras.png
    Screenshot_20190325-062035_Aicp_Extras.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 2,267
  • Screenshot_20190325-062112_Aicp_Extras.png
    Screenshot_20190325-062112_Aicp_Extras.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 2,135
  • Screenshot_20190324-203253_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190324-203253_Settings.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 2,149
Last edited:
Reactions: 夜霜行

vcx77

Aug 21, 2015
Zamora,Spain
that's because of my SafetyNet module, also that's the vendor security patch, not the build security patch
it includes march security patch
Fantastic rom ... for the rom to start in my A2 converted to 6X, after installing the gapps, I had to install the Hex-v167-Wayne kernel ... then magisk and everything OK
Thanks and regards

Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
Official builds at https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
weekly builds from now on

first Official release
April security patch
Enforced Selinux
rebased kernel thanks to @rcstar6696
fixes dt2w on Pie base
fixes FP gestures
fixes screen bleeding issues
fixed some visual bugs

Clean flash is required, you will run into issues if you dirty flash

report any problems you have, don't bother reporting without logs

clrolee

Apr 12, 2019
I have to feed back a bug: Many applications can't download the local data needed to run it. For example, Google Translate, Google Translate can't download offline translation files on this ROM, I hope you can fix it. In addition, the localization of this ROM is incomplete, I hope this can be improved. Thank you for your work.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I found that the default browser using this ROM could not successfully download any files. No other browser except the Chrome browser can successfully download the file. Even if you confirm the download, the file will not be downloaded to your phone.

Nebrassy

Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2015
Lattakia
I have to feed back a bug: Many applications can't download the local data needed to run it. For example, Google Translate, Google Translate can't download offline translation files on this ROM, I hope you can fix it. In addition, the localization of this ROM is incomplete, I hope this can be improved. Thank you for your work.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I found that the default browser using this ROM could not successfully download any files. No other browser except the Chrome browser can successfully download the file. Even if you confirm the download, the file will not be downloaded to your phone.
^^
report any problems you have, don't bother reporting without logs

clrolee

Apr 12, 2019
In addition, I also found that on aicp, when you are typing, the input method will suddenly exit.

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

OK, I don't know how to catch the log, but I will get to know. I hope you can wait. thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 AM ----------

I tried to solve the problem that I could not successfully download, I used the adb command. The reason why I succeeded was because Google in my country was blocked by the government, so the results of the captive test were not normal. I fixed it with adb. The previous problem may be due to the system thinking that I am not connected to the network.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
    We changed again for Android Q with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device specific repositories.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out, if it concerns our code base. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    Resurrection Remix team
    AOSiP team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @Miccia
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 15.0

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    We advise everyone to keep at least the latest or best working build on their device as a backup.
    Maybe copy it to a cloud service or USB too.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    (Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

Google Apps:
    Latest Opengapps nano ARM64
    https://opengapps.org

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP. Custom ROMs modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROMs. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. Information about Xposed, EdXposed or Riru Core can be obtained from the XPosed General forums .

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, this is the usual behaviour on flashing a new official build by (or using) the build-in updater service.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterwards.

Using the ROM:

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Q. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work), GApps are already included for some a/b devices.
    6. Reboot and set up your device, enable developer settings and in them OEM unlock/Advanced reboot/USB tethering.
    7. Reboot back into TWRP recovery.
    8. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    9. Reboot your device.
    The procedure may vary from device to device and is a bit different on system updates!

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once! This might differ on AvB Devices.

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
    Magisk versions >= 20.3 don't usually need to be flashed on every dirty flash.
    Depending on the device, you may need to flash it every time, unless your maintainer says otherwise, you should be fine.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates):
    TWRP recovery is needed to be able to flash using the built-in OTA app.
    Please make sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery, keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!
    On encrypted devices you will have to enter your PIN/password in TWRP before the process starts.

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/AICP/kernel_xiaomi_sdm660
    Device tree source:
    https://github.com/AICP/device_xiaomi_wayne
    Vendor source:
    https://github.com/AICP/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community
    AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:
    @Nebrassy
    @rcstar6696
    @coderzs

ROM OS Version: 10.0.x
    Kernel: Linux 4.4

Version Information:
    Release Date: 03-06-2020

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!
    AICP Q NIGHTLY build for wayne

initial release

must use this TWRP:
    https://mega.nz/#!zdgi2aKS!OjYrTdoc0bIna4dzeZ2SI2M7PAlGDGTXjlgNfib2iKc

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=299200

Gapps : https://mega.nz/#!eF5hhKhL!wLIhFOQmqeT1lAbuv43GUuYq0ukLBPtxlRGgKDaMDJ4

Gcam: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hsISFFpAQ6q0GLMUiFrC3-x_IdGxixhY/view

bugs:
    included camera doesn't work (Miui camera issue)
    included clock app has broken alarms (AOSP issue)
    included messaging app has broken notifications (AOSP issue)

Note: Android File Host is currently experiencing some issues, you may need to try a few times to start the download
    Builds are up:
    Rebased trees, kernel and vendor
    Added back dirac

Clean flash is recommended

Download at: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/device/wayne/WEEKLY/aicp_wayne_p-14.0-WEEKLY-20190821.zip

MD5: a6827b1953c2cadb55d57fe002fa612b

Changelog at: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/device/wayne/WEEKLY/aicp_wayne_p-14.0-WEEKLY-20190821.zip.html
    new AICP build for jasmine_sprout and wayne

June security patch
    Live display
    Improved Touch driver
    Clean up unused Stuff
    New DM Verity Driver
    New Energy Model for EAS
    New lower Boost values
    Updated Wireguard driver
    Dual Microphone fix
    Sound improvment with new mixer path
    New Blobs form Wayne Pie Release (Common Vendor for sdm660)
    Updated Vendor Security Patch
    Fixed battery drain by new Blobs
    New Blobs from Pixel Q DP4 Release
    includes EAS V6.1 Kernel
    Cleaned up init scripts
    Merged CAF Version LA.UM.7.2.r1-07000
    Updated GPS HAL by CAF
    Updated Data-ipa-cfg-mgr by CAF
    Fixed USB Gadget HAL
    Fixed Camera Watermark
    TWRP: enable flashing splash
    TWRP: allow formating vendor