FORUMS

[RECOVERY][3.3.1-2][pyxis/vela]Official/Unofficial TWRP Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite/CC 9(Stable)

3,864 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,674

Post Reply Email Thread
18th January 2020, 12:30 AM |#51  
Flag Caserta
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Just to share my experience.
I downloaded all the necessary to install latest xiaomi.eu weekly rom.
Unlock the phone (7 days to wait) and install this TWRP.
Reebot into recovery and follow Official Xiaomi.eu instractions, and format /data.
From this moment i cannot do anything else couse every thing i did give me errore in /data e crypto footer. Tried anything suggesting on web. Also put the rom on an external SD ad install it... but with an error in the end. Infact device stuck on loanding screen indefinitely.

So when i was disperate while downloding official Global Firmware hoping to install it, i read of an other twrp for phisyx on web (i do not remember on which site i downloaded it) i tried another time. This time all went in the rigth way...
So i think there something to fix in this recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to stalvatero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stalvatero Ad-Free
20th January 2020, 08:26 AM |#52  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,228

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalvatero

Just to share my experience.
I downloaded all the necessary to install latest xiaomi.eu weekly rom.
Unlock the phone (7 days to wait) and install this TWRP.
Reebot into recovery and follow Official Xiaomi.eu instractions, and format /data.
From this moment i cannot do anything else couse every thing i did give me errore in /data e crypto footer. Tried anything suggesting on web. Also put the rom on an external SD ad install it... but with an error in the end. Infact device stuck on loanding screen indefinitely.

So when i was disperate while downloding official Global Firmware hoping to install it, i read of an other twrp for phisyx on web (i do not remember on which site i downloaded it) i tried another time. This time all went in the rigth way...
So i think there something to fix in this recovery

Yeah I had a tough time with the vbmeta.img so I booted it up and installed mi globe rom and I am leaving it at that....

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Also the fstab has data as f2fs when it should be Ext4 like the rest... I changed it to Ext4 and the errors went away.
20th January 2020, 11:53 AM |#53  
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Incorrect filesystem type for format /data
@mauronofrio: You are using make_f2fs to format data... Any reason for that? After format the recovery is not able to mount /data and you need to switch the data partition to ext4 manually.
21st January 2020, 09:26 PM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Again error 255 when trying to backupClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-01-21-22-05-00.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	4932271

Sent from my MI 9 Lite using Tapatalk
22nd January 2020, 01:47 AM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauronofrio

It can be caused from dual apps or multi users, error 255 is a generic error

Thanks! Try to post log here but can't upload it

22nd January 2020, 02:13 AM |#59  
Flag KrakĆ³w
Thanks Meter: 2,015

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by minotavros

Thanks! Try to post log here but can't upload it

Just use pastebin.
22nd January 2020, 11:31 AM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have a pyxis Mi 9 Lite/CC 9 with a stock global EU ROM, unlocked the bootloader with the Mi account procedure, tried the TWRP, encountered a bootloop after installed Magisk and some minor issues as others posted, here is how I fixed them:

Issue 1 (fixing the bootloop):

First important step, this is not suffice: fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
instead you have to flash the vbmeta exactly with this terminal command (as explained in the OP):

Booting in fastboot mode holding Power + Volume-

Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
To do it properly you need to use this:
HTML Code:
https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
I used the latest available version: 29.0.5 (October 2019)
If you are on Windows OS you need also to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC
I'd advise to don't use any other mini adb fastboot tools or standalone packages that surely are outdated.

Issue 2 (fixing the unable to mount or format DATA partition without reflash any system ROM):

Since I had a fingerprint encryption, at a certain point I was unable to mount or format properly the DATA partition, then as explained also on other threads, from TWRP I converted it manually to the ext4

Holding Power + VolumeUP reboot to TWRP Recovery

From menu Tap Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select ONLY Data -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> Select exFAT and swipe to confirm

After done, repeat the same steps and this time change it to Ext4 .

Return to the TWRP main menu tap Mount and check if you can read the Data partition.

Now to root the device you can flash the Magisk zip copying it into the Data partition (or external microsd) from TWRP menu tap Install and select the path to the Magisk zip swype to flash:
HTML Code:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
I used the Magisk v20.2 zip and it worked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackluke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackluke Ad-Free
30th January 2020, 08:44 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi! At the beginning I had no problem installing the recovery, but when I wanted to install a rom I had a problem. What happened was the following:

I wanted to install a ROM (Xiaomi.eu), so i installed the recovery and opened it. then from recovery i went to "advanced wipe" and selected all fields/items (except MicroSD) so once was done the phone was empty without ROM. At that time I did not install the Custom ROM directly, first I selected "reboot to recovery" option, but when it turned on the phone it was in fastboot mode. I tried to re-install the recovery again from PC and although it is installed (according to my PC), the phone does not let me access the recovery, it always stays in fastboot mode.

What could i do? Could you help me? Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, mauronofrio, root, twrp, xiaomi mi 9 lite

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)