LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts.
LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
. HWC (Prebuilt Permissive Kernel)
. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC
. RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
. Hotspot & Tethering
. Camera (minimalistic) : use GCam instead if you want !
. Audio/Video : Playback & Record
. FM Radio
. Flashlight, IR Blaster
. Notification LED on the back
. GPS : very quick location indoor/outdoor
. Fingerprint (FOD) : register 2 FP for the same finger (phone in normal position then flipped 180°)
. AOD (to use at your own risk : burn-in, no deep-sleep)
. USB OTG
. Fast Charging
. Offline Charging
. DRM Widevine L1 enabled : Netflix in Full HD with the official app from Playstore (no Magisk Module / modded app needed)
. Wi-Fi Max Speed (Mbps) : 150 (2.4 GHz) / 433 (5 GHz)
=> choose on your router : 802.11n only for 2.4 GHz / 802.11ac only for 5 GHz
Known issues :
- SELinux Permissive
- DT2W partially implemented (use the separate .zip enabler/disabler)
- FOD doesn't work when the option "hide notch" is enabled... please disable it if you want to use the fingerprint !
- others : you tell me ...
!!! IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM, IF YOU DON'T READ AND FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTION CAREFULLY, IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS, OR IF YOU FLASH SOMETHING OR DO A MANIPULATION I DIDN'T MENTION HERE.
I'M NOT HERE TO DO THE TEACHER FOR ANYONE. USE GOOGLE AND READ A LOT.
KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN : EXPOSE YOUR BUG WITH LOGCAT AND I WILL DO THE MAXIMUM TO SOLVE IT.
DON'T SPAM THE THREAD WITH YOUR DRAMA TEXT, OR I WILL LAUGH AT YOU !!!
TROLLS & NOOBS, THIS THREAD IS NOT MEANT FOR YOU ... STAY AWAY PLEASE !!!
Coming from the official MIUI/xiaomi.eu or LineageOS 17.x ? Android 10 looks ugly/buggy for you or an unfinished/experimental OS ? or Other ROMs/Kernels don't support Widevine L1 ?
Don't worry, i felt the same before, that's why this ROM is meant for !
Now, go to download this fastboot firmware (MIUI 10/Pie) for the Mi 9 Lite and flash it before using LineageOS 16.0
[MiFlash : flash_all.bat only !]
This LineageOS 16.0 is based on android 9 (pie) firmware not android 10 !
TWRP part : (all steps are mandatory !)
Refer to my TWRP thread on how to flash : twrp + vbmeta + ftsab.zip + format data (type yes) + boot miui
(do format once after flashing TWRP the first time, or you will get errors on your backups)
[Don't use/ask me for any file not coming from me]
LineageOS part :
- Download the latest build from the link below, with the Custom Google Pack for LineageOS 16.0
- From MIUI : Reboot your system while you keep Vol.+ pressed until you see the TWRP splash
- Wipe Data, then, go to /data and delete everything except /media folder
(format must be done after flashing TWRP the first time, not mandatory here)
- Flash the build, then reboot again to TWRP : mount/unmount need to be reinitialized. (mandatory)
- Flash the Custom Google Pack (+ GCam)
- Boot now LineageOS and finish your setup +++
- Download and Install Google Playstore.apk (apkmirror)
- Extract and Install GmsCore.apk from the Google Package. Give it all permissions, in the app manager ! +++
- Enter your account and download now all google apps you need !
[- Reboot to TWRP and restore any LOS 16.0 /data backup
(only if you have done this before) ]
- Reboot again to TWRP and install Magisk to get your SafetyNet Pass : no fancy module / Google hide stuff needed => just push Magisk Hide ON !
[Never delete GmsCore.apk from "priv-app" !!! => needed to pass SafetyNet, and enable android Backup in Settings]
Dirty Install (2min/max)
= working data for current LineageOS 16.0 (not MIUI, not LOS 17.x)
= you are NOT in MIUI/ LOS 17.x and you just want to restore your backup => it will not works : encryption is different from each software version. You must restart from scratch (clean install)
- From TWRP : install the latest build, then reboot again to TWRP (mandatory)
- Flash the Custom Google Pack (+ GCam)
- Wipe /dalvik & cache
- Reboot again to TWRP : flash now Magisk and boot LineageOS !
=> if you are going to restore a /data backup "in this condition : dirty install", you do that and reboot again to TWRP and flash again Magisk !
MORE CLEAR THAN THIS, I CAN'T OR YOU MUST BE BLIND !!!
. phhusson for his amazing work on the project treble
. AndyYan for his reference on building Lineage GSI
. LineageOS Community for documentation, bugfix, news, ...
gringo80 (exploring, building and testing ...)
Source Code : Here
ROM OS version : 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel : Linux 4.9.x
Status : Stable
Stable Release Date : 2020-01-19
Created : 2019-11-05
Latest Update : 2020-01-19