FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Install Pixel Experience android 10 GSI for CC9/Mi 9 Lite

80 posts
Thanks Meter: 63

By hanbin81j32, Member on 8th November 2019, 10:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
WARNING:
YOU MUST INSTALL THE A/B PARTIRION ROM FOR CC9/Mi 9 LITE. IF YOU INSTALL THE TREBLE CHECK APP, YOU THINK THIS DEVICE IS A ONLY PARTITION. IT'S NOT A ONLY!! IF YOU INSTALL A ONLY GSI IT STUCK IN BOOTLOGO. SO YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE A/B PARTITION

# DOWNLOAD #

First, Download this files. (I recommend install EU Weekly 9.10.31 vendor or after new weekly version vendor)

Pixel Experience Android 10 GSI: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1Sw96...xport=download (A/B)
after download, extract .zip file!

EU(Weekly):https://sourceforge.net/projects/xia...EASES/9.10.31/

magisk(optional):https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

# INSTALL STEP #

0. You must Unlock Bootloader and install twrp.

1. Move files to your phone and install Xiaomi.eu Weekly rom. after you install done wipe -> advanced wipe -> check system, dalvik, data, cache(don't check the vendor!!) and swipe.

2. Install -> and check Install Image -> select PixelExperienceQ-28101028-ARM64-AB.img -> check system image and swipe. now install is done. if you install magisk flash 20.1 or 20.0

3. Reboot.

and phone is booted. now install is finish!

# Whats Working? #
WIFI
Mobile Data(LTE, 3G work)
Bluetooth
Hospot
Camera(Gcam too)
Audio
Brightness control
LED
Dark Mode
FOD
Ambient Display
etc..

# Not working #
VOLTE
ANXCamera(app open is working but if you take pictures it has been stopped)
etc..

ScreenShots!:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191108-171700.jpg
Views:	4374
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	4869825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191108-180012.png
Views:	4348
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	4869827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191108-180033.png
Views:	4326
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	4869829  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hanbin81j32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hanbin81j32 Ad-Free
8th November 2019, 05:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Works way, way better than I would've expected for a GSI.
So far, the only gripes I have with the ROM are:

- The fingerprint reader is not really accurate nor fast, but adding the same finger a bunch of times improves the reliability;
- Double tap to wake is missing;
- As far as I've seen, there's no way to disable the Ambient Display. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but it doesn't turn off when the device is laying flat for a while nor when it's in a pocket. Kinda concerned with burn-in;

Everything Magisk/Root related works fine, except for Viper4Android or Dolby Atmos.
Didn't have any issues restoring backups with Titanium, so far I haven't experienced a single crash.
Great job, man!

EDIT: So, three things I found out while using the ROM: first, there actually is a way to disable the Ambient Display, yay! Google simply moved it in the display settings, under the section that lets you control how notifications behave on the lockscreen. Weird, but it works.
Secondly, Bluetooth earbuds and speakers stopped working after a while: the phone connected to both devices, but didn't play media through them. Apparently this is an Android 10 bug that happens occasionaly, had to re-do a clean install to fix it.
Thirdly, the microphone doesn't work when sending WhatsApp voice notes. Haven't had time to actually call someone and see if it works there, but I'll add onto this post once I'll check.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iuliusdeblobbis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iuliusdeblobbis Ad-Free
11th November 2019, 06:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iuliusdeblobbis

Works way, way better than I would've expected for a GSI.
So far, the only gripes I have with the ROM are:

- The fingerprint reader is not really accurate nor fast, but adding the same finger a bunch of times improves the reliability;
- Double tap to wake is missing;
- As far as I've seen, there's no way to disable the Ambient Display. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but it doesn't turn off when the device is laying flat for a while nor when it's in a pocket. Kinda concerned with burn-in;

Everything Magisk/Root related works fine, except for Viper4Android or Dolby Atmos.
Didn't have any issues restoring backups with Titanium, so far I haven't experienced a single crash.
Great job, man!

EDIT: So, three things I found out while using the ROM: first, there actually is a way to disable the Ambient Display, yay! Google simply moved it in the display settings, under the section that lets you control how notifications behave on the lockscreen. Weird, but it works.
Secondly, Bluetooth earbuds and speakers stopped working after a while: the phone connected to both devices, but didn't play media through them. Apparently this is an Android 10 bug that happens occasionaly, had to re-do a clean install to fix it.
Thirdly, the microphone doesn't work when sending WhatsApp voice notes. Haven't had time to actually call someone and see if it works there, but I'll add onto this post once I'll check.

Hey man, you still using this rom? how is the experience so far? I plan to install tmr, I wonder if it's stable enough for daily driver
11th November 2019, 09:21 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
this is very exciting! does this also mean that official pixel experience rom will soon be coming to cc9/mi 9 lite?
11th November 2019, 11:46 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannrith

Hey man, you still using this rom? how is the experience so far? I plan to install tmr, I wonder if it's stable enough for daily driver

TL;DR: Yeah, as long as you don't care about the camera and the stuff I mentioned in my previous post!

Long version: I've been using this ROM as my daily driver ever since, and I really haven't noticed any actual deal breakers.
Performances are great, I'd say on par with MIUI! No stutters, everything feels really responsive and I'm able to hit a consistent 60FPS on high details while playing Call of Duty: Mobile.
DT2W is missing, but I've been using "Always on AMOLED" from the PlayStore, which apart from offering a customizable Ambient Display with burn-in protection also sort-of enables that feature.

The microphone does work, it's just that since I restored WhatsApp with Titanium Backup I had to manually allow the microphone permission. Oops.
If you use Bluetooth Headphones, though, they don't work while using the Google Dialer.
GCam sort of works? There's a 6.2 build for the Mi 9 SE which is kind of compatible, but the experience is really hit or miss. So far, I've not been able to find a MIUI camera port that doesn't crash on lunch or a more optimized GCam.

Apart from that, I'm loving this ROM. It's really all I'll need until a build of HavocOS will be available for our device

EDIT: ANXCAMERA IS WORKING! All you have to do is to download the latest zip and change the "ro.product.device" value to "pyxis" inside the build.prop file ^^
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iuliusdeblobbis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iuliusdeblobbis Ad-Free
12th November 2019, 04:26 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iuliusdeblobbis

TL;DR: Yeah, as long as you don't care about the camera and the stuff I mentioned in my previous post!

Long version: I've been using this ROM as my daily driver ever since, and I really haven't noticed any actual deal breakers.
Performances are great, I'd say on par with MIUI! No stutters, everything feels really responsive and I'm able to hit a consistent 60FPS on high details while playing Call of Duty: Mobile.
DT2W is missing, but I've been using "Always on AMOLED" from the PlayStore, which apart from offering a customizable Ambient Display with burn-in protection also sort-of enables that feature.

The microphone does work, it's just that since I restored WhatsApp with Titanium Backup I had to manually allow the microphone permission. Oops.
If you use Bluetooth Headphones, though, they don't work while using the Google Dialer.
GCam sort of works? There's a 6.2 build for the Mi 9 SE which is kind of compatible, but the experience is really hit or miss. So far, I've not been able to find a MIUI camera port that doesn't crash on lunch or a more optimized GCam.

Apart from that, I'm loving this ROM. It's really all I'll need until a build of HavocOS will be available for our device

EDIT: ANXCAMERA IS WORKING! All you have to do is to download the latest zip and change the "ro.product.device" value to "pyxis" inside the build.prop file ^^

I used to install Havoc GSI pie on my phone, Anx camera works, calling and stuff work, but no viper and FOD sucks. I'll try this one myself. Thanks so much
12th November 2019, 09:47 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannrith

I used to install Havoc GSI pie on my phone, Anx camera works, calling and stuff work, but no viper and FOD sucks. I'll try this one myself. Thanks so much

Got Viper4Android working! All you need is to flash this magisk module; I found it on the HavocOS GSI general thread
12th November 2019, 09:52 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi @hanbin81j32 ,
Was this GSI image created by yourself? If not, do you know where it originated or who built it?

Thanks.
12th November 2019, 10:00 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Suwon
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppertarts

Hi @hanbin81j32 ,
Was this GSI image created by yourself? If not, do you know where it originated or who built it?

Thanks.

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_e...%28GSI%29-list

This GSI creater is ExpressLuke
12th November 2019, 10:12 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanbin81j32

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_e...%28GSI%29-list

This GSI creater is ExpressLuke

Wait, does this mean that the ROM wasn't modified to enable the fingerprint scanner? If I were to flash another GSI on top of the MIUI vendors would it still work?
13th November 2019, 07:06 PM |#11  

More
since no REAL bugs exist in this rom, can someone take this GSI and patch it to make it only for 9 lite with necessary fixes? thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Foreal_Bruh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Foreal_Bruh Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)