FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]-Working MIUI Oreo for Mi Max 2 Oxygen [8.1.0]-[stable][Port from Mi Max 3]

334 posts
Thanks Meter: 62

By [email protected], Senior Member on 18th May 2019, 01:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
You should be having proper knowledge of flashing Custom ROM and how to Restore phone if anything goes wrong.

Take complete backup before taking any action based on this thread. I am not responsible for any action taken by you.

I am just compiling all the information/ files available on different English/ Chines websites into this thread, hence all Credit goes to respective developer/s. I am not a Developer and can't help you in making any further changes/ update to this ROM. I request XDA moderator and/ or Developer of Respective files to let me know if I have to mentioned (give credit) their name in this thread. The Download Links are given directly from respective Developer/s.

You need the following files to Teste MIUI Oreo on Mi Max 2 (Oxygen). This is ported from Mi Max 3 8.10.18 version for our device and Stable enough for daily use. I have MM2 4/64 Global version.

1. Treble Mi Max 2 Recovery 3.2.1 (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528056270)
2. LineageOS 15.1 Treble ROM for MM2 (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536984455)
3. MIUI Oreo ROM and 5 Patch files (2 patches are Zipped in ROM zip) (https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...5E0DE17AFE7624)

Now don't waste time and start flashing MIUI Oreo rom into MM2.

First step
Start your phone into recovery and Flash the Treble recovery, if already not flashed. Restart into Recovery.

Click Wipe then Advance wipe and clear System, Vendor, Data, Cache, and Dalvick cache.

Above May have Mounted the System and Vendor after clearing.

Unmount the System and Vendor

Flash LOS-15.1 Rom as a normal zip ROM flashing process and DON'T reboot into system (this will make your phone treble enabled and update vendor automatically). No need to flash anything else.

Second step
Clear/ wipe System only

Mount the Vendor again

Enter the File management in Recovery and Delete following files:

/vendor/etc/permissions/qti_permissions.xml
/vendor/etc/permissions/qcrilhook.xml
/vendor/etc/permissions/telephonyservice.xml
/vendor/framework/qcrilhook.jar
/vendor/framework/QtiTelephonyServicelibrary.jar
/vendor/app/ has *.apk, delete /vendor/app/*.apk remaining (all apk in all sub-folder under /vendor/app/ folder)

Now Extract the Downloaded Rom files in Recovery backup folder. You should know where and how to Extract. (Use unzip in pc and copy paste to recovery backup folder.)

Click Restore and Select only System and Swipe to confirm. Wait for restore to complete. If any error, Mount the Vendor and try again Restore System process. After Restore completes DON'T Reboot.

Third step
Mount the Vendor and System again.

Flash Patch1 and Patch2

Mount the Vendor and System again.

Flash BrightnessFix, WifiFix and SoundFix

Clear only DATA and boot into System. Wait for upto 10 Minutes or more to boot into System.

Warning: When you Flash the patch files, please mount the System and Vendor first to avoid error 7.

What work:
Camera, Fingerprint, Face unlock, Wifi, Sound, VoLte (No ECHO issue), Auto Brightness, OnScreen HW buttons

What doesn't work:
Some people can't log in to Xiaomi account. Don't try to Flash Dolby sound.
The dual 4G is not working. There may be potential signal problems for some user but I didn't faced in Delhi with Airtel operator. Eye protection mode/ reading mode.

Since base MIUI Oreo rom is Chinese version no Gapps included. To get Play store DO'NOT flash Gapps. You need Google app to have Play store working. Search on Google for more info or try as per link (https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...iaomi-3676150/).

Guys, this is a nearly perfect MIUI Oreo package for our lovely Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen), miui pie's camera can't be used in this ROM. Since Xiaomi does not released the updated Kernel source for our Device, user may not be able to change the In Call Volume.

If I missed anything in the above, kindly let me know to include. If you found any further update/ patch that makes this ROM more stable/ perfect or enables new feature, please don't hesitate to ping me to include in this thread.

I am not including any Screen Shot as all MIUI Roms looks same and there is No UI change based on Android Version in MIUI.

Best of Luck and Happy Flashing
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free

18th May 2019, 01:45 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Reserved
18th May 2019, 02:03 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
sorry for my pedantry, oreo or orio
18th May 2019, 02:57 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate_

Hahaha whatever you take
18th May 2019, 03:12 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate_

Corrected
18th May 2019, 05:15 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool
Thanks Meter: 3,303

More
I will give it a whirl. Does it have night mode feature in developer settings?

can't see the extract button in recovery mate
i've done all the steps apart from extracting the rom files which i assume you mean the mi max 3 folder. there is no option in recovery to extract can see mate.
18th May 2019, 06:38 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5

I will give it a whirl. Does it have night mode feature in developer settings?

can't see the extract button in recovery mate
i've done all the steps apart from extracting the rom files which i assume you mean the mi max 3 folder. there is no option in recovery to extract can see mate.

i had to manually extract files in windows and add to correct folders. please state that or add instructions as you stated. i then finished the steps and it booted fine. i got a internal system error and cant get past the xiaomi account. it wont let me log in or skip as saying unable to get device security and try again. i will try and flash again shortly following the steps to ensure success
18th May 2019, 06:53 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Quote:

i had to manually extract files in windows and add to correct folders. please state that or add instructions as you stated. i then finished the steps and it booted fine. i got a internal system error and cant get past the xiaomi account. it wont let me log in or skip as saying unable to get device security and try again. i will try and flash again shortly following the steps to ensure success

Yeah... that's the correct steps for extract to recovery backup folder. Anyway I added the same in OP now.

Just check you have Internet working while login in Xiaomi account. It takes some minutes to get mobile data activation on first boot.
18th May 2019, 07:15 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Yeah... that's the correct steps for extract to recovery backup folder. Anyway I added the same in OP now.

Just check you have Internet working while login in Xiaomi account. It takes some minutes to get mobile data activation on first boot.

well it doesnt you need to add apn manually for me then save. but if you don't see it at first you just go out and back in you see it
to bypass that xiaomi account step just dont connect to wifi during setup it will fly past that. i am home screen now and i really like it. its full mi max 3 rom and you get the gestures as well as the hardware buttons. i recommend everyone to try it. i have full screen gestures and the hardware keys are also fully functional. no more back button to go back just swipe from left/right side and voila. its the chinese version of mi max 3 rom so just English but i have a mi max 3 so its no bother. use google app to install google services and thats that

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

only worry i have is battery drain as with these ports this is always an issue. could you provide direct link to the actual ROM thread so i can keep up to date with it or will you be doing that?
18th May 2019, 07:19 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Quote:

well it doesnt you need to add apn manually for me then save. but if you don't see it at first you just go out and back in you see it
to bypass that xiaomi account step just dont connect to wifi during setup it will fly past that. i am home screen now and i really like it. its full mi max 3 rom and you get the gestures as well as the hardware buttons. i recommend everyone to try it. i have full screen gestures and the hardware keys are also fully functional. no more back button to go back just swipe from left/right side and voila. its the chinese version of mi max 3 rom so just English but i have a mi max 3 so its no bother. use google app to install google services and thats that

It's good to know that you successfully flashed this.

Enjoy it and if other users also facing same apn issue, I will add that in OP. I didn't faced that apn issue.
18th May 2019, 07:26 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

only worry i have is battery drain as with these ports this is always an issue. could you provide direct link to the actual ROM thread so i can keep up to date with it or will you be doing that?

Nope, I am not a developer but a user and can't update.

I even don't have direct link of Chinese thread. I just got rom/ patch download link from mm2 telegram group.

Would it be possible for you to update it from the files available in download section.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mi max 2, miui, mm2, oreo, oxygen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)