FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]-Working MIUI Oreo for Mi Max 2 Oxygen [8.1.0]-[stable][Port from Mi Max 3]

368 posts
Thanks Meter: 71

By [email protected], Senior Member on 18th May 2019, 01:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2019, 04:27 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhanghaitao

thanks

Did you flashed successfully and like it.

19th May 2019, 05:37 AM |#22  
Flag NAGPUR
Thanks Meter: 647

More
I tried to boot this one on device..
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I already tried many Pie roms and in my view we need Sound fix and Brightness fix (Pie based) to boot into system. Pie roms boots till boot animation and reboot itself before initial setup screen.

Anyway you can try and check where is the issue as you are a developer. I am sure you will find the solution.

It have lots of bugs.. charging have issues too..
Google Integration have to be done and almost everything is in Chinese.. and even notifications are in Chinese..

Well I try to boot pie properly.. but I don't think this is of any use till we make it properly stable.. Tomorrow is my last exam I work on this from tomorrow and hope RR will be there soon.. let's give it a try

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5

its miui mate dont.need any the only major thing is android oreo

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

no matter what i try i cant get to sign in with mi.account. error authenticating device every time.

Are you not from India ?? May be this is due to different regions or something, by the way region never matters here.. lol..

I can able to sign in just in start , it locked my devices asked for my password to activate device and its signed it directly.. no extra effort , just am scared of those Chinese notifications.. really don't know what's written there..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beingtejas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift beingtejas Ad-Free
19th May 2019, 08:49 AM |#23  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Thanks bro
19th May 2019, 10:13 AM |#24  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool
Thanks Meter: 3,314

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingtejas

Google Integration have to be done and almost everything is in Chinese.. and even notifications are in Chinese..

Well I try to boot pie properly.. but I don't think this is of any use till we make it properly stable.. Tomorrow is my last exam I work on this from tomorrow and hope RR will be there soon.. let's give it a try

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Are you not from India ?? May be this is due to different regions or something, by the way region never matters here.. lol..

I can able to sign in just in start , it locked my devices asked for my password to activate device and its signed it directly.. no extra effort , just am scared of those Chinese notifications.. really don't know what's written there..

to be honest it.is stable here. no issues as you experience. chinese notificatiins are.for.the chinese apps which is standard. might need a translation pack for.english. battery life is.holding up well and.its working greeat just xiaomi accont. google integration.is.easily done with google app.but contacts havent synced. will see what you can do to enhance this as its good.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote:

to be honest it.is stable here. no issues as you experience. chinese notificatiins are.for.the chinese apps which is standard. might need a translation pack for.english. battery life is.holding up well and.its working greeat just xiaomi accont. google integration.is.easily done with google app.but contacts havent synced. will see what you can do to enhance this as its good.

i am in the uk. i think i.will change my region.to india then log in
19th May 2019, 10:13 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beingtejas

Good to know that you login and successfully flashed.

I also heard that Sarthak is working on official RR Pie and will release it soon.

Best of luck for your exams and waiting for your miui Pie soon...
19th May 2019, 10:16 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

i am in the uk. i think i.will change my region.to india then log in

Yeah, just change region and try because I also able to login same as beingtejas
19th May 2019, 10:22 AM |#27  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Yeah, just change region and try because I also able to login same as beingtejas

cant find region optiins. just changed permissiins in google contacts sync and my contacts have now loaded fine. most were swtched off by defualt
19th May 2019, 10:23 AM |#28  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool

More
proof of oreo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-19-10-00-41-586_android.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	4761577  
19th May 2019, 10:30 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi

More
Quote:

cant find region optiins. just changed permissiins in google contacts sync and my contacts have now loaded fine. most were swtched off by defualt

Ohhh may be it's taking region from mobile network you are using.

It is mentioned in OP under "What doesn't work" that some users may not be able to login Xiaomi account.
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
19th May 2019, 11:38 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Not work for me. Always boot in fastboot.

PS. Fixed Powered by Android
PS2. Can't sign in to Mi account...Any way to skip this ?

Fixed by factory reset.
Now i got error on booting to android "Android system - there is an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details"
After clicking ok everything seams normal. Not smooth as Nougat, but work.
Brightness is bit of strange. Maximum on all scale, only at the beginning can be lower just a little bit.
No setting gear in status bar
19th May 2019, 12:16 PM |#31  
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hektor2hektor2

Not work for me. Always boot in fastboot.

PS. Fixed Powered by Android
PS2. Can't sign in to Mi account...Any way to skip this ?

dont connect to network during setup as i mentioned before.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mi max 2, miui, mm2, oreo, oxygen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)