FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google HDR+ camera

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 58
 
By pakudaboy, Senior Member on 3rd January 2018, 01:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi @Arnova8G2,

Thanks for porting this awesome camera.

I'm at the latest version GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.3.apk and portrait mode works fine but if i go into Slowmotion camera (used to work in previous version) camera crashes.

any solution to this?

cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pakudaboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pakudaboy Ad-Free
 
 
3rd January 2018, 05:31 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Hi, I have just installed the apk, the slow motion camera crashes for me too, but the camera also crashes after taking a picture. May I ask for your preset/settings? Thank you.
3rd January 2018, 06:56 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangXIII

Hi, I have just installed the apk, the slow motion camera crashes for me too, but the camera also crashes after taking a picture. May I ask for your preset/settings? Thank you.

make sure you install the patch in magisk for slomo + camera api

settings i used in camera is

Config camera HDR+ = Pixel 2017 Zsl HDR+
Model = Nexus 6p
HDR+ parameters = High

get the apk from here
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...google-camera/

slowmo / camera API patch from here.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...abler-t3656651

i use the one with red txt.

cheers
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pakudaboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pakudaboy Ad-Free
3rd January 2018, 07:35 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Thank you for the extremely helpful response. I have tried your settings on Arnova's 5.1.018_v1.2: GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.2, everything seems to work fine. But when trying the GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.3 with your settings, the app crashes after you look back at the photos you've taken. I suspect its something to do with the Config camera HDR+ set to Pixel 2017 Zsl HDR+. Seems like it does not crash when set to Nexus 6 Auto.
On the latest version, the slow motion crashes on me as well, also can't seem to capture video. Portrait mode works! I don't suppose you've got motion photos working? Thank you.
3rd January 2018, 07:54 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangXIII

Thank you for the extremely helpful response. I have tried your settings on Arnova's 5.1.018_v1.2: GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.2, everything seems to work fine. But when trying the GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.3 with your settings, the app crashes after you look back at the photos you've taken. I suspect its something to do with the Config camera HDR+ set to Pixel 2017 Zsl HDR+. Seems like it does not crash when set to Nexus 6 Auto.
On the latest version, the slow motion crashes on me as well, also can't seem to capture video. Portrait mode works! I don't suppose you've got motion photos working? Thank you.

yep 1.3 is buggy for me too. slomo won't work on 1.3 but works on 1.2 tho
did you install that magisk module and reboot?
4th January 2018, 01:34 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakudaboy

yep 1.3 is buggy for me too. slomo won't work on 1.3 but works on 1.2 tho
did you install that magisk module and reboot?

Yes I have tried that, thank you. It seems version 1.4 beta is out, you could give it a try to see if slow mo is working or not.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

yep, I have that installed, thank you. Just checked, version 1.4 is in beta, you should give it a try to see if slow mo has been fixed or not.
4th January 2018, 04:13 AM |#7  
jbmc83's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,817
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangXIII

Yes I have tried that, thank you. It seems version 1.4 beta is out, you could give it a try to see if slow mo is working or not.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

yep, I have that installed, thank you. Just checked, version 1.4 is in beta, you should give it a try to see if slow mo has been fixed or not.

ive tried 1.4 beta2, video is still a nogo, just black screen and FC. so its back to 1.2 for me

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk
4th January 2018, 06:45 PM |#8  
jbmc83's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,817
 
More
v1.4 was released, installed it and still the same: black screen in video mode. back to v1.2!

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk
5th January 2018, 06:58 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
yep, tested 1.4 too, still buggy. will have to wait
5th January 2018, 07:09 PM |#10  
jbmc83's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,817
 
More
in case you guys are interested: i made an image quality comparison of mi max 2 stock, GCam HDR+, GCam HDR+ Enhanced and my own Sony DSC-RX100 camera here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=878

enjoy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jbmc83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jbmc83 Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 02:31 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmc83

in case you guys are interested: i made an image quality comparison of mi max 2 stock, GCam HDR+, GCam HDR+ Enhanced and my own Sony DSC-RX100 camera here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=878

enjoy

Wow, huge improvement on the GCam with HDR+ Enhance, could you please tell us which GCam Mod you used ?

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes