By silverstream, Senior Member on 7th January 2018, 02:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th January 2018, 11:18 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmc83

well im assuming you have root access, so:

- download the modded media_profiles.xml file as part of this zip package here: https://mega.nz/#!MKYyWaDL!zUzUivAbl...qgd6OalVSMLvHw
- unzip the package and overwrite the stock media_profiles.xml file in system/etc directory with the modded one
- set proper permissions of the new file to rw-r-r
- reboot
- test again and see if your issues are resolved

ull need a file manager with root access for that, im using es file explorer pro, for example.

Nope, nothing changed, everything works fine on v1. 2 but not on later ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180115-161543.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	4389818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180115-161743.png
Views:	502
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	4389819  

15th January 2018, 12:00 PM |#22  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,817

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridershahmir

Nope, nothing changed, everything works fine on v1. 2 but not on later ones.

hm, this is reaaally weird... ure on the latest LOS from october 30th, right?

also please check my settings here to make sure everything is identical in your setup. if not, change it to my values and test again if anything is different:

https://mega.nz/#F!0GIEGZaI!hLkmHM_zRNWl_hotW7ZYkg

dont worry about the beta 2, settings in v1.5 stable are identical
The Following User Says Thank You to jbmc83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jbmc83 Ad-Free
15th January 2018, 03:37 PM |#23  

More
Quote:

hm, this is reaaally weird... ure on the latest LOS from october 30th, right?

also please check my settings here to make sure everything is identical in your setup. if not, change it to my values and test again if anything is different:

https://mega.nz/#F!0GIEGZaI!hLkmHM_zRNWl_hotW7ZYkg

dont worry about the beta 2, settings in v1.5 stable are identical

Well thanks man, thanks alot , these settings worked for me. BTW tried scrubber version and front camera hdr+ is amazing, can't find that in arnova8g2, any idea how to get that?
The Following User Says Thank You to ridershahmir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ridershahmir Ad-Free
15th January 2018, 03:45 PM |#24  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:

Well thanks man, thanks alot , these settings worked for me. BTW tried scrubber version and front camera hdr+ is amazing, can't find that in arnova8g2, any idea how to get that?

ha, glad we nailed it! couldve been the HEVC setting that i activated in settings, changes the output format of recorded video files. in any case, glad it finally worked

yes, ive been wondering about that as well! arnova8g2 mentioned he implemented HDR+ for front camera into his ports, but i never saw an option for that when front camera is enabled. however, there is a setting to enable HDR+ for front camera, although it doesnt seem to work...

doesnt matter so much to me though, i barely ever use the front camera. not really into that whole selfie thing...
The Following User Says Thank You to jbmc83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jbmc83 Ad-Free
15th January 2018, 03:49 PM |#25  

More
Quote:

ha, glad we nailed it! couldve been the HEVC setting that i activated in settings, changes the output format of recorded video files. in any case, glad it finally worked

yes, ive been wondering about that as well! arnova8g2 mentioned he implemented HDR+ for front camera into his ports, but i never saw an option for that when front camera is enabled. however, there is a setting to enable HDR+ for front camera, although it doesnt seem to work...

doesnt matter so much to me though, i barely ever use the front camera. not really into that whole selfie thing...

Yup, that was the issue of HEVC, however I'm still confused that I had previously enabled HEVC via magisk module but that didn't work. Though thanks once again.
18th January 2018, 04:45 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruguoli

Hi. yes, I do have the configuration that you mention. from old versions, 1.3. to me the video gives me failure. in version 1.5. recording at 4k I have no problem. if under the resolution to 1080 recording at 30FPM / 60FPM to take advantage of the stabilization, I get an error. therefore I have it at 4k and no error. the rest works great for me. Keep investigating. I have the .21 version of xiaomi eu. The other scrubber app works for me.

ArnovaG2 v1.6 solved the video recording bugs, now video recording works fine on back camera and front camera, 1080p and 720p, I'm on Miui dev rom 7.12.21.
The Following User Says Thank You to ne0t For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ne0t Ad-Free
18th January 2018, 09:25 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0t

ArnovaG2 v1.6 solved the video recording bugs, now video recording works fine on back camera and front camera, 1080p and 720p, I'm on Miui dev rom 7.12.21.

And it is. I've tried it and it works great 1.6
19th January 2018, 08:08 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0t

I think right now the latest scrubber version is the best one coz of front camera hdr+ and no additional settings required.
19th January 2018, 09:17 AM |#29  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:

I think right now the latest scrubber version is the best one coz of front camera hdr+ and no additional settings required.

well, it depends what you want. If you dont care about detailed settings then scrubber is for you. If you prefer to have total control and detailed settings, then arnova8g2 is the better version.

to each his/her own
19th January 2018, 09:22 AM |#30  

More
Quote:

well, it depends what you want. If you dont care about detailed settings then scrubber is for you. If you prefer to have total control and detailed settings, then arnova8g2 is the better version.

to each his/her own

Well I used to like detailed settings but there isn't much of a difference that you can make using advanced settings, that what I found. Yes using the pixel 2 xl config makes hdr shots much brighter in extreme low light settings but that comes at a cost of front camera hdr+ config. If one doesn't care much about front camera, then I think arnova is best.
20th January 2018, 01:42 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:

Well I used to like detailed settings but there isn't much of a difference that you can make using advanced settings, that what I found. Yes using the pixel 2 xl config makes hdr shots much brighter in extreme low light settings but that comes at a cost of front camera hdr+ config. If one doesn't care much about front camera, then I think arnova is best.

On my Max2, latest Eu Rom, Pixel2XL always gives me black screen. Last working version was Arnova 1.2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)