FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Global Rom Is Now Available!

338 posts
Thanks Meter: 303

By omer919, Senior Member on 6th August 2018, 04:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Global Rom is officialy out!
it turns out 9.6.4.0.OEDMIFD is a real global rom with a broken modem.
just update to newer releases that might fix the issue.
You cant just flash the global rom over an Antirollback rom as the global rom doesnt have Antirollback. (it will brick your device)

Guide to installing global rom on antirollback devices & installing global rom with fixed modem (for calls and internet) over china rom (no ARB): here

Download Links for Official Global Rom: here

Antirollback information: here

Thanks and have a great day!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to omer919 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift omer919 Ad-Free

6th August 2018, 05:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omer919

Hello there people!
our lovely new Mi Max 3 is now available for purchase on many websites.
These websites sell you a "MULTILANGUAGE rom" or "Global Rom".
The version that they sell is 9.6.4.0.OEDMIFD

Unfortunately this rom is FAKE / Un-Official and is dangerous for your device!
Why? because to install this shady rom they need to unlock your bootloader unofficialy and install a rom which was not originaly designed for Mi Max 3! this rom bricks some partitions of your device and may cause a lot of issues later! Some say that this rom may cause damage to the ability to flash roms and more onto your device or to move to official rom / xiaomi.eu rom

THERE ISNT ANY OFFICIAL GLOBAL ROM AVAILABLE FOR MI MAX 3 YET!

I suggest not to buy the Mi Max 3 with a "MULTILANGUAGE rom" or "Global Rom". (Please notice that some people that have asked not to install the fake rom got their devices with the fake rom even though they asked!)

Be patient and wait for official global rom from en.miui.com

Have a great day!

I have this rom .any solution
6th August 2018, 05:31 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintboy2020

I have this rom .any solution

I suggest flashing the latest china beta rom using fastboot mode
MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED
download: here

after that flash xiaomi.eu rom
tutorial: here
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omer919 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift omer919 Ad-Free
6th August 2018, 08:38 PM |#4  

More
Why do you need to flash both the china beta rom and the xiaomi.eu rom?
The flashing of xiaomi.eu does not delete everything previously installed anyway?

Quote:

I suggest flashing the latest china beta rom using fastboot mode
MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED
download: here

after that flash xiaomi.eu rom
tutorial: here

6th August 2018, 08:54 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itay457

Why do you need to flash both the china beta rom and the xiaomi.eu rom?
The flashing of xiaomi.eu does not delete everything previously installed anyway?

Fastboot china rom will wipe all partitions and reinstall them.
Xiaomi.eu recovery rom only changes the SYSTEM partition, remember you are coming from a fake rom so you might not want to have broken partitions from the flashing of the fake rom.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omer919 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift omer919 Ad-Free
7th August 2018, 03:56 AM |#6  

More
My Max 3 comes with this so-called "Global" ROM.

I checked my bootloader and it says Unlocked. So yesterday I downloaded CN ROM and flashed it via fastboot.
7th August 2018, 04:48 AM |#7  

More
Ok, I understand. "fastboot china rom" means it should only be installed through fastboot? or its also possible through custom recovery?

Quote:

Fastboot china rom will wipe all partitions and reinstall them.
Xiaomi.eu recovery rom only changes the SYSTEM partition, remember you are coming from a fake rom so you might not want to have broken partitions from the flashing of the fake rom.

7th August 2018, 08:15 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itay457

Ok, I understand. "fastboot china rom" means it should only be installed through fastboot? or its also possible through custom recovery?

MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED BEFORE DOING THIS OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
Fastboot roms are flashed through a special tool by xiaomi which can be found: here
You also might need adb drivers which are found: here
1. Open the drivers file and click "y" for every option that it asks for.
1. Install the fastboot tool tool
2. Download the fastboot rom that you wanna flash
3. Unzip the rom to a folder on your pc
4. Open the tool and in bottom right corner there will be 3 options, select "clean all"
5. Click on the "select" button on top left corner and head to the folder that you unziped, select it.
6. On your device enable "USB debugging", "install via USB", "USB Debugging (security settings)", and disable "verify apps over USB" (Developers options are enabled by going to "about phone" then spam clicking the "MIUI version" until it says that your are a developer. then go to "additional setting" and you will find "developer options")
7. Boot your device to fastboot mode by holding down the vol- + power key together until you see a bunny with fastboot sign.
8. Connect your device to your PC and click the "refresh" button on top right corner. (your phone should now appear in the list)
9. Click "flash" and wait until your device boots to the MI logo and 3 dots. (DONT DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE BEFORE THAT!!!)
10. Wait for your device to boot up
11. Enjoy!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to omer919 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift omer919 Ad-Free
8th August 2018, 10:52 AM |#9  

More
Hi, So if I buy with China ROM (Outside China - I live in Thailand) I can download and change to Global ROM once it's released?
China ROM will still get updates, though right?
Sorry for numpty question!
8th August 2018, 03:47 PM |#10  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 81

More
This is the ROM on my girlfriends Mi Max 3.

Thanks for the info but it would also be good if you posted up how to check if the bootloader is unlocked seeing how important it is before doing any steps.

Also you state that for the people to put on the fake ROM they had to unlock the bootloader in the first place so would they then relock the bootloader? Won't all phones with fake ROMs have unlocked bootloaders?
8th August 2018, 09:04 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wam7

This is the ROM on my girlfriends Mi Max 3.

Thanks for the info but it would also be good if you posted up how to check if the bootloader is unlocked seeing how important it is before doing any steps.

Also you state that for the people to put on the fake ROM they had to unlock the bootloader in the first place so would they then relock the bootloader? Won't all phones with fake ROMs have unlocked bootloaders?

Check if you can install twrp, if you can its unlocked.
You may never know...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)