MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED BEFORE DOING THIS OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
Originally Posted by itay457
Ok, I understand. "fastboot china rom" means it should only be installed through fastboot? or its also possible through custom recovery?
Fastboot roms are flashed through a special tool by xiaomi which can be found: here
You also might need adb drivers which are found: here
1. Open the drivers file and click "y" for every option that it asks for.
1. Install the fastboot tool tool
2. Download the fastboot rom that you wanna flash
3. Unzip the rom to a folder on your pc
4. Open the tool and in bottom right corner there will be 3 options, select "clean all"
5. Click on the "select" button on top left corner and head to the folder that you unziped, select it.
6. On your device enable "USB debugging", "install via USB", "USB Debugging (security settings)", and disable "verify apps over USB" (Developers options are enabled by going to "about phone" then spam clicking the "MIUI version" until it says that your are a developer. then go to "additional setting" and you will find "developer options")
7. Boot your device to fastboot mode by holding down the vol- + power key together until you see a bunny with fastboot sign.
8. Connect your device to your PC and click the "refresh" button on top right corner. (your phone should now appear in the list)
9. Click "flash" and wait until your device boots to the MI logo and 3 dots. (DONT DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE BEFORE THAT!!!)
10. Wait for your device to boot up