FORUMS

Google Camera Mod

154 posts
Thanks Meter: 107

By flipp0, Senior Member on 9th August 2018, 10:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am using this version of the mod with good results.
https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a..._5.3.015_4.apk

A quick and dirty comparison with my Pixel 2 XL.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137560...h/29015025037/
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to flipp0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flipp0 Ad-Free
12th August 2018, 05:37 PM |#2  
London
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi. Does this need root? It only opens and closes on my Mi Max 3.

Cheers
12th August 2018, 05:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
here it works with Magisk "Camera2api" enabled
12th August 2018, 05:54 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodoughnut

Hi. Does this need root? It only opens and closes on my Mi Max 3.

Cheers

Yes, root is required. Root using Magisk and then install the Camera2API Magisk module. You should be able to use Google Camera after that
13th August 2018, 12:06 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 409

More
The photos you've taken look great. Hard to believe they were taken with a budget device like the Max 3. Even more excited to get my hands on it now.
13th August 2018, 09:58 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephendt0

Looks great. Any crashes at all to report?

Yes, sometimes it crashes but not that often.

Regarding, photo quality. Yes, it looks great, especially in low light. I have used the gcam mod on many devices and it always delivers great stills. Even older and cheaper phones like Redmi 5 Plus and Mi 5s Plus with worse camera hardware takes great low light photos when using gcam and hdr+.

On smartphones, I believe photo quality is like 90% good software optimization and 10% good hardware.
The Following User Says Thank You to flipp0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flipp0 Ad-Free
13th August 2018, 10:29 AM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipp0

Yes, sometimes it crashes but not that often.

Regarding, photo quality. Yes, it looks great, especially in low light. I have used the gcam mod on many devices and it always delivers great stills. Even older and cheaper phones like Redmi 5 Plus and Mi 5s Plus with worse camera hardware takes great low light photos when using gcam and hdr+.

On smartphones, I believe photo quality is like 90% good software optimization and 10% good hardware.

Sounds like a good start. Perhaps try saneklic's APKs? They're optimised for the Redmi 5 Plus, which has a similar sensor and framework to the Mi Max 3. I found them to be very stable on my Redmi Note 4.

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a.../dev-saneklic/
13th August 2018, 11:34 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephendt0

Sounds like a good start. Perhaps try saneklic's APKs? They're optimised for the Redmi 5 Plus, which has a similar sensor and framework to the Mi Max 3. I found them to be very stable on my Redmi Note 4.

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a.../dev-saneklic/

Yes but Max 3 is even more similar to Redmi Note 5 AI (same sensor and SOC) and the apk above is that works best on Note 5 according to users on the Note 5 forum I think.
13th August 2018, 12:32 PM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipp0

Yes but Max 3 is even more similar to Redmi Note 5 AI (same senor and SOC) and the apk above is that works best on Note 5 according to users on the Note 5 forum I think.

Fair point. Crashes are pretty annoying though.
13th August 2018, 12:52 PM |#11  
Flag Andijk
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Oh man I can't wait till mine arrives, sucks that I need to wait 360 hours before I can flash anything and try this camera. GCAm is always so darn good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)