[CUST] Universal Cust Mod

Search This thread

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Here is the universal cust mod. If you have a Helium (64/128gb) Mi Max and want to flash the Global ROM on it, the cust mod will unlock all Locales. Merged is the cust from the 32GB Global ROM and the Chinese 64/128GB rom. The Chinese region is set to US as well. I removed the extra unnecessary preinstalled apps from the cust folders as well. To flash the global rom simply fastboot flash the boot.img and system.img from the global rom through fastboot. Then make sure you have TWRP installed and boot into it immediately after flashing the global rom and flash the Universal Cust Mod. Then (optional) flash SuperSU in TWRP. After a reboot you'll be on the Global rom on your Helium.

Current Version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I_q70mNuR4enNsU3hjbnpNeGs/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-14-03-17-33-910_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-14-03-17-33-910_com.android.settings.png
    127 KB · Views: 1,739
Last edited:

Doom Slayer

Jan 16, 2011
Mars
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Here is the universal cust mod. If you have a Helium (64/128gb) Mi Max and want to flash the Global ROM on it, the cust mod will unlock all Locales. Merged is the cust from the 32GB Global ROM and the Chinese 64/128GB rom. The Chinese region is set to US as well. I removed the extra unnecessary preinstalled apps from the cust folders as well. To flash the global rom simply fastboot flash the boot.img and system.img from the global rom through fastboot. Then make sure you have TWRP installed and boot into it immediately after flashing the global rom and flash the Universal Cust Mod. Then (optional) flash SuperSU in TWRP. After a reboot you'll be on the Global rom on your Helium.

Current Version:
Do not flash boot img from hydrogen to helium, otherwise bricked device guaranteed. :D
Flashing different boot.img on locked bootloader will result a hardbrick and only testpoin method will work.

Reactions: nijel8

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Do not flash boot img from hydrogen to helium, otherwise bricked device guaranteed. :D
Flashing different boot.img on locked bootloader will result a hardbrick and only testpoin method will work.

The boot.img from each model is pretty much the same. I don't recommend flashing anything other than stock roms with a locked bootloader, I would unlock the bootloader first before flashing any custom roms or mods. I also have a Global rooted ROM for the Helium I'm testing with google apps and Adaway. I should have a release tomorrow.

Doom Slayer

Jan 16, 2011
Mars
Sony Xperia 1 IV
The boot.img from each model is pretty much the same. I don't recommend flashing anything other than stock roms with a locked bootloader, I would unlock the bootloader first before flashing any custom roms or mods. I also have a Global rooted ROM for the Helium I'm testing with google apps and Adaway. I should have a release tomorrow.
Well, I got instruction posted how to flash custom roms and get root without unlocking bootloader, posted in guides section.

I tried flashing global rom for hydrogen on my helium then your mod and ended up with a hardbrick.
Then I tried to flash it with boot.img and the same result.
Had to put device in EDL with testpoint.
I guess it doesn't work with locked bootloader, while custom roms work fine. :D

I am also a ROM/Kernel developer but I just don't want to unlock my device, unless they release kernel sources.
But I was developing for Sony, there are no cust at least for Z Ultra.
Did I get that correctly and it's just unlocking languages that are in the rom?

Last edited:

nijel8

Dec 24, 2011
All over US
Google Pixel 5a

Hey Doom, it'll be extremely helpful if you could write a guide about using that test point... I read some russian and I still couldn't get how exactly you connect it to battery from that 4PDA guide!? Best start with how you open the phone.
It'll help a lot of people seeing so many bricked devices...
Thank you for all the useful info you bring here!

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Well, I got instruction posted how to flash custom roms and get root without unlocking bootloader, posted in guides section.

I tried flashing global rom for hydrogen on my helium then your mod and ended up with a hardbrick.

I am also a ROM/Kernel developer but I just don't want to unlock my device, unless they release kernel sources.

Yeah the cust mod unlocks most Languages and unlocks all regions but those are the things you enter at the beginning steps when you first flash a rom or go back to stock.

Doom Slayer

Jan 16, 2011
Mars
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Hey Doom, it'll be extremely helpful if you could write a guide about using that test point... I read some russian and I still couldn't get how exactly you connect it to battery from that 4PDA guide!? Best start with how you open the phone.
I added hardbrick recovery to my tutorial. , since one guy in my thread flashed rom for different device.
I am making some kind of a universal guide.
So I gonna add what is necessary. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ajsmsg78 and nijel8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Current Version:
    I added hardbrick recovery to my tutorial. , since one guy in my thread flashed rom for different device.
    I am making some kind of a universal guide.
    So I gonna add what is necessary. :)

Current Version: