[ROM][OFFICIAL][7.1.1][hydrogen] CyanogenMod 14.1

Search This thread

TheStrix

Recognized Developer
May 10, 2014
Mumbai
SmgusZX.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.0 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint (FPC1020 only)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS

What's not working :

• SELinux permissive
  • Camcorder can be a bit buggy at times.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot

Downloads:

Device wiki:

Device wiki:

Credits:
  • @luca020400: "Me: HAALP!" He answered me
  • CyanogenMod Team
  • Xiaomi: For providing the Kernel Source Code

Donations:

You don't have to but if you want;
Donate via PayPal: http://paypal.me/ParthBhatia/
Donate via PayTM: http://i.imgur.com/54cQl9N.jpg (QR code)

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 14 for hydrogen, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Max

Contributors
TheStrix
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-20
Last Updated 2017-04-07

TheStrix

Recognized Developer
May 10, 2014
Mumbai
Source Code:

Device Tree(s):
android_device_xiaomi_msm8956-common: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_xiaomi_msm8956-common/tree/cm-14.1 (Gerrit)

android_device_xiaomi_hydrogen: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_xiaomi_hydrogen/tree/cm-14.1 (Gerrit)

Kernel Tree:
android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956/tree/cm-14.1
Note: It is a unified kernel for both Mi Max and Redmi Note 3.

Vendor:
proprietary_vendor_xiaomi: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi/tree/cm-14.1 (For WIP: this)

Last edited:

TheStrix

Recognized Developer
May 10, 2014
Mumbai
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Frequently Asked Questions:
Q)What phone variants are supported?
A)Mi Max with SD650 (hydrogen) is supported by me and NOT Mi Max SD652 (helium).
So helium users are not suggested to flash this.

Q)OH MY,.. CRASHES!?
A)This is a very early build of CyanogenMod running nougat and things are still WIP.
You may experience number of crashers here and there. These will be get fixed with time.

Q)Why did TheStrix made this UNOFFICIAL?
A)Because, we need our device to be bug free before enabling official CyanogenMod nightlies.

Q) Is VoLTE supported?
A) No. IMS seems to crash on N

Q) Where are Developer options?
A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) I don't like superuser icon in statusbar, can I install SuperSU?
A) Yes, that would not show superuser icon in statusbar. This seems to break sensors on N, wait for update on this.

Q) How do I update GApps? (Also useful if you have GApps related problems).
A) Reboot to recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + GApps. (Yes, without rebooting). Reboot.

Last edited:

mat9v

Apr 3, 2010
Gdynia
Gr8 work :) Another 14.1 rom !!
Is this one compatible with Helium devices?

Heh, FAQ posted after my post answered my question, thank you :)

Last edited:

oatcooky

Mar 17, 2013
This I gotta try :)

TheStrix did incredible work on CM14 and a few related ROMs for the Redmi Note 3, I was using TheStrix's CM14 as a daily driver for a long time. Here's to a great CM14 for Hydrogen and Helium too.

Does this ROM work on CDMA carriers like China Telecom? I'm using the latest Hydrogen RR and it works fine on China Telecom using a UIM card and a few other overseas LTE/WCDMA/GSM carriers.

Last edited:

nijel8

Dec 24, 2011
All over US
Google Pixel 5a
Welcome!

Great to see you starting development for Mi Max @TheStrix:good: One step closer to get CM official...
Now we will progress fast I am sure of it... :)

Don't know how aware are you of the custom roms development so far but allow me to point you to the most annoying and hard to fix bug we've had so far... the famous 3G data bug that some users in some countries with some service providers on some band frequencies suffer from. We fought this bug for a couple of months before I was able to find a workaround as I call it now. Then just recently with the great help of @The_Serial switching roms and providing radio logs(I don't have the bug) I managed to get to the root of the problem... See here for details...

I am eager to hear your respective opinion about this issue.
BTW I already have a test patch prepared for fix in Android telephony framework but can't build right now to test it... Let me know if you are interested...

Thank you for your work!

Last edited:

Hunter Mossberg

Sep 21, 2014
Great to see you starting development for Mi Max @TheStrix:good: One step closer to get CM official...
Now we will progress fast I am sure of it... :)

Don't know how aware are you of the custom roms development so far but allow me to point you to the most annoying and hard to fix bug we've had so far... the famous 3G data bug that some users in some countries with some service providers on some band frequencies suffer from. We fought this bug for a couple of months before I was able to find a workaround as I call it now. Then just recently with the great help of @The_Serial switching roms and providing radio logs(I don't have the bug) I managed to get to the root of the problem... See here for details...

I am eager to hear your respective opinion about this issue.
BTW I already have a test patch prepared for fix in Android telephony framework but can't build right now to test it... Let me know if you are interested...

Thank you for your work!

It's funny, but i don't have this problem on Nougat (this and karthik's). To be precise, the icon H dont showing, but 3G is works. On Marshmallow 3G still don't turns on.
:D

nijel8

Dec 24, 2011
All over US
Google Pixel 5a
It's funny, but i don't have this problem on Nougat (this and karthik's). To be precise, the icon H dont showing, but 3G is works. On Marshmallow 3G still don't turns on.
:D

Now I am a little confused:confused:
I am pretty sure @karthick mostwanted already implemented the working radio blobs in his vendor tree but then you should get H icon. Nougat acts differently!? :confused:
Don't know about what @TheStrix is using...

If that issue is not present in Nougat at all that's great... Just needs some small changes to recognize DC-HSPA+ networks as HSPA+ and we'll get icon back...

Can you post radio log from this release clean installed? See my signature for how to take it.

Last edited:

Hunter Mossberg

Sep 21, 2014
Now I am a little confused:confused:
I am pretty sure @karthick mostwanted already implemented the working radio blobs in his vendor tree but then you should get H icon. Nougat acts differently!? :confused:
Don't know about what @TheStrix is using...

If that issue is not present in Nougat at all that's great... Just needs some small changes to recognize DC-HSPA+ networks as HSPA+ and we'll get icon back...

Can you post radio log from this release clean installed? See my signature for how to take it.
Of course.

Attachments

• radio.txt
    351.2 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: nijel8

The_Serial

May 4, 2015
Moscow
Ho! 3G works. Without data have "H" letter and HSDPA, with data no letters and UMTS.
In information.
About bugs:
1 - even I use only one simcard in the second slot in notificatinon line and in settings them show me two simcards and number one I can not turn off. Reboots resolve it.
2 - in status bar I choose "circle" battery status style, but it shows standard icon.
3 - status bar menu in settings is not translated and many other settings are not translated, T9 is not translated
4 - flashlight does not work
5 - Settings -> System Profiles -> Settings ->Preferred network type = FC (logcat attached - settings.zip).

going on...

addon:
radio log on 3G is attached

Attachments

• settings.zip
    87.6 KB · Views: 37
  • radio.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
G

gkl212

Awesome first build apart from some bugs that will be fixed in time.

Fantastic work! :D

Will stay tuned!

TheStrix

Recognized Developer
May 10, 2014
Mumbai
Very good! Amazing! Best beta with a few problems like not working rotation and closing my poweramp...

Do not flash SuperSU or sensors will crash. (mentioned on faq as well)

Ho! 3G works. Without data have "H" letter and HSDPA, with data no letters and UMTS.
In information.
About bugs:
1 - even I use only one simcard in the second slot in notificatinon line and in settings them show me two simcards and number one I can not turn off. Reboots resolve it.
2 - in status bar I choose "circle" battery status style, but it shows standard icon.
3 - status bar menu in settings is not translated and many other settings are not translated, T9 is not translated
4 - flashlight does not work
5 - Settings -> System Profiles -> Settings ->Preferred network type = FC (logcat attached - settings.zip).

going on...

addon:
radio log on 3G is attached

OK, tbh, I still didn't get what 3G problem you guys are talking about. You are able to use 3G but don't see the icon in status bar? Something like that?

2,3 and 5: CyanogenMod bugs.
4: Camera is buggy on all devices with M blobs/libraries due to changes in camera driver in nougat.. Either we get N blobs or wait for some miracle guy to solve camera with M blobs fully. (scenario as of today)

The_Serial

May 4, 2015
Moscow
You are able to use 3G but don't see the icon in status bar? Something like that?
yes, when have any data sending / receiving - no icon, when not have any data sending / receiving - icon "H".
But! Is it miracle? All other cm-based roms did not have an ability to work with "hspap" (for details contact nijel8, in post number 11 He started to explain and invite You to give full explanation of the 3G issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SmgusZX.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.0 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint (FPC1020 only)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS

What's not working :

• SELinux permissive
    • Camcorder can be a bit buggy at times.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads:

Device wiki:

Device wiki:

Credits:
    • @luca020400: "Me: HAALP!" He answered me
    • CyanogenMod Team
    • Xiaomi: For providing the Kernel Source Code

Donations:

You don't have to but if you want;
    Donate via PayPal: http://paypal.me/ParthBhatia/
    Donate via PayTM: http://i.imgur.com/54cQl9N.jpg (QR code)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 14 for hydrogen, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Max

Contributors
    TheStrix
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-20
    Last Updated 2017-04-07
    Source Code:

Device Tree(s):
    android_device_xiaomi_msm8956-common: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_xiaomi_msm8956-common/tree/cm-14.1 (Gerrit)

android_device_xiaomi_hydrogen: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_xiaomi_hydrogen/tree/cm-14.1 (Gerrit)

Kernel Tree:
    android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956/tree/cm-14.1
    Note: It is a unified kernel for both Mi Max and Redmi Note 3.

Vendor:
    proprietary_vendor_xiaomi: https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi/tree/cm-14.1 (For WIP: this)
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Frequently Asked Questions:
    Q)What phone variants are supported?
    A)Mi Max with SD650 (hydrogen) is supported by me and NOT Mi Max SD652 (helium).
    So helium users are not suggested to flash this.

Q)OH MY,.. CRASHES!?
    A)This is a very early build of CyanogenMod running nougat and things are still WIP.
    You may experience number of crashers here and there. These will be get fixed with time.

Q)Why did TheStrix made this UNOFFICIAL?
    A)Because, we need our device to be bug free before enabling official CyanogenMod nightlies.

Q) Is VoLTE supported?
    A) No. IMS seems to crash on N

Q) Where are Developer options?
    A) Go to Settings > About phone, and press five times on Build number.

Q) How can I enable root access?
    A) Go to Settings > Developer options > Root access, and enable it for apps, adb or both.

Q) I don't like superuser icon in statusbar, can I install SuperSU?
    A) Yes, that would not show superuser icon in statusbar. This seems to break sensors on N, wait for update on this.

Q) How do I update GApps? (Also useful if you have GApps related problems).
    A) Reboot to recovery. Wipe System, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Install ROM + GApps. (Yes, without rebooting). Reboot.
    Recent changes

From 20161219+ (tomorrow's nightly):
    • SOD while using live display is fixed (aka "screen don't wake up after deep sleep")
    • Fixed touch on Ambient Display/doze screen
    • Enabled SDCARDFS
    • Fixed fingerprint touch opening camera
    • Audio updates (also revert back to audio_policy.conf instead of XML)
    • Power configs update
    • Graphics and media updates
    • Other misc updates
    • Also KeyDisabler should now be fixed for atmel touch users (thanks @Rohan purohit)
    Official nighlties enabled

So with this being merged, https://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/175156/
    We'll have cm-14.1 nightly builds soon :D
    Bug fixing continues.... ;)