Thanks Meter: 40

By Abdess76, Member on 28th May 2016, 10:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2016, 12:39 AM |#21  
All over US
Thanks Meter: 5,171

Donate to Me
More
Get it from [ROM] MIUI 7 China Stable ROM V7.3.15.0.MBCCNDC For Mi Max Released, Download Here!

or

Direct download: Recovery Rom

18th June 2016, 02:21 PM |#22  
All over US

Donate to Me
More
Just some suggestions:

1. Please, disable/remove mouse pointer which is kind of irritating sitting in the middle of the screen all the time
2. Would be great if we can utilize the device capacitive buttons and hide soft buttons... more screen real estate

I've managed to hide the pointer with custom theme but that's just work around...

Edit: Installed the chinese-english version from this thread which has the mouse pointer removed. All credits goes to the author.
Download: twrp-3.0.2-2-hydrogen-2016-06-17_Chinese-English-No_Mouse_Pointer.img
28th June 2016, 12:14 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi,
does someone tries this hydrogen twrp on the helium mi max version (snapdragon 652)
28th June 2016, 12:44 AM |#24  
All over US

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxx_mentasm

Hi,
does someone tries this hydrogen twrp on the helium mi max version (snapdragon 652)

On Xiaomi forum a guy reported it's working just fine on his helium...
The Following User Says Thank You to nijel8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nijel8 Ad-Free
11th July 2016, 06:18 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Any managed to get this working on MIUI 8 Global Beta version? I stuck with the MI logo at boot after I wipe data, mount system as read only and try to reboot to recovery again.
11th July 2016, 06:34 PM |#26  
All over US

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljhsquall

Any managed to get this working on MIUI 8 Global Beta version? I stuck with the MI logo at boot after I wipe data, mount system as read only and try to reboot to recovery again.

If I am not mistaken there is a separate TWRP which works with MIUI 8... Search in official MIUI forum.
14th July 2016, 10:22 PM |#27  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 179

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nijel8

If I am not mistaken there is a separate TWRP which works with MIUI 8... Search in official MIUI forum.

I am using TWRP from Xiaomi EU site with MIUI 8.
Link for it is here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-7-7-11.32639/

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to iJohnny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iJohnny Ad-Free
16th July 2016, 02:56 PM |#28  
Flag Novosibirsk
Thanks Meter: 173

More
I had created a full (boot+recovery+system+data) backup to an external SD card in TWRP 3.0.2-0, with compression enabled. Flashed another firmware, played a little then desired to restore the previous one. Booted TWRP, selected Restore, pointed to the backup. TWRP reported a successful restoration. After a reboot, all system setting and applications with their "internal" data (/data/data) had been restored. But user data (/data/media/0, bound to /sdcard) were not restored.

I booted TWRP again and performed a separate data restoration. Successful completion report but no user data in /sdcard. /sdcard looks like wiped, containing just basic Android directories.

I unpacked data.ext4.win000 and data.ext4.win001 to a single .tar file using 7-Zip (under Windows) and looked on its contents. All user data file paths are there but they begin from /storage/emulated/0. Entering TWRP's File Manager, I see there is no /storage mount point at all.

Since .tar file contains uncompressed data, I tried to find some text fragments of user data stored in /sdcard using a hex editor. I found no such fragments.

Therefore, /sdcard contents (from /data/media/0) is not stored in the backup. So all /sdcard contents will be lost if not stored separately elsewhere.

Definitely, it is not a "full Nandroid backup", only a "system app+data+settings" backup.

So why /sdcard file paths are stored as /storage/emulated/0 if TWRP does not create /storage mount point?

And why /sdcard file contents are not stored in the backup?
16th July 2016, 03:54 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Is it possible to install the recovery with a locked bootloader? How? Thx =)
19th July 2016, 08:22 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdess76

Yes, and it works well.

It's because of the dm-verity protection included in the MIUI firmwares.
To disable it, you have to:
- Format all encrypted partitions on fastboot (fastboot format system; fastboot format userdata;...)
- Boot on TWRP and flash a MIUI recovery image
- Download this patched boot file
- On fastboot flash the patched boot.img (fastboot flash boot boot-patched.img)

I'm trying to flash boot.img with the xiaomi flasher but it doesn't work. Do you have advice? Thanks.
19th July 2016, 11:09 PM |#31  
All over US

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansu

I'm trying to flash boot.img with the xiaomi flasher but it doesn't work. Do you have advice? Thanks.

In fastboot mode run:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hydrogen, mi max, mi-max, recovery, twrp, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)