[ROM][18-01-03][Guhl] Chiron - Sailfish OS 2.1.3.7 [Alpha 1]

Search This thread

guhl99

Aug 25, 2010
Hi,

Screenshot_20180105_001_1.jpg
Screenshot_20180105_002_1.jpg

This is a port of Sailfish OS to the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (aka chiron).
At the moment this is a very early state port.
Current state: Alpha 1

Download:
Sailfish OS Version 2.x (work in progress)
ROM lineage-14.1-20171229_174133-UNOFFICIAL-chiron.zip
Alpha 1: sailfishos-chiron-release-2.1.3.7-guhl180103.zip (current)

Installation:
Be warned. This will wipe all your data and you will get a very, very early user experience!
Remark: The installation of the correct LOS (14.1 for SF 2.x) image is only necessary once. So if you already did this the first time you can skip steps 1,2 and 5.2
1. Boot into fastboot mode and format the data partition using the command:
Code:
fastboot format userdata
2. Boot into your custom Android Recovery (TWRP) and make sure that the sdcard is mounted
3. Upload the LOS release:
Code:
adb push lineage-14.1-20171229_174133-UNOFFICIAL-chiron.zip /sdcard/
4. Upload Sailfish OS:
Code:
adb push sailfishos-chiron-release-2.1.3.7-guhl180103.zip /sdcard/
5. In the Recovery on the device:
5.1. Clear data and cache (factory reset)
5.2. Install the CM release by picking the CM image (this is needed so that the correct version of the binary libraries and firmware files are in place)
5.3. Install Sailfish OS by picking the SFOS image (this will take quite some time)
6. Reboot the device

After the initial boot the language selection and initial setup will show.
You have to skip the WLAN connection because there is no working WLAN or modem atm.
After that it will take a while and then the Jolla tutorial should come up. You can skip the tutorial if you want by clicking the corners of the screen in the following sequence: Top-Left, Top-Right, Bottom-Right, Bottom-Left.

Change-log:
Version 20180103
What works:
  • Telnet access via USB to the device on IP 192.168.2.15 and port 2323
  • ssh access for the user nemo after Remote connection is enabled in Developer tools in Settings
  • GUI
  • You can play Galaxy Attack if you enable the on screen controls as sensors do not work yet (click on top-right corner)
What does not work:
  • everything else

Credits:
mal, sledges, MisterMagister - et al. from the #sailfish-porters IRC channel on freenode
These guys are doing amazing work and their competence and readiness to help is really inspiring.
Without their support this would not be possible!
If you want to help and participate, please find me on IRC

Have fun - Guhl

Last edited:

hillolp

Jan 19, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks for supporting mix 2 :laugh:,
Its great to see support for our device increases with every passing day. Loving it . Looking forward to it

guhl99

Aug 25, 2010
Well, on to the important stuff! Do bluetooth audio, proximity sensor, and VoLTE work!?!?!?
Hehe!
Well atm still nothing works but hwcomposer (screen output) and touchscreen.
Porting for a device that has a 4.4 kernel (no Sailfish OS port is using such a recent kernel) and not even having the real kernel sources for the device is challenging.
But I wanted a challenging device for my 4th Sailfish OS port so nothing to complain.

I am making progress on the Wifi but i am still not there.

Have fun - Guhl

hillolp

Jan 19, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hehe!
Porting for a device that has a 4.4 kernel (no Sailfish OS port is using such a recent kernel) and not even having the real kernel sources for the device is challenging.
But I wanted a challenging device for my 4th Sailfish OS port so nothing to complain.

Have fun - Guhl
Take you time. Merry Christmas

guhl99

Aug 25, 2010
Alpha 1 -> Sailfish OS 2.1.3.7

Hi,

I released Alpha 1 and updated the OP.
See installation instructions and changelog in OP.

I can not press enough that this is Alpha 1. No Wifi, no modem, no sensors, no nothing. Only the Sailfish GUI user experience and you can play Galaxy Attack. Yes Galaxy Attack and that even in HD :)
The installation process will wipe your user data. So you better know how to backup/restore your stuff.

I would be happy if you give it a try but of course I understand that there is a lot to loose (but well, you get Galaxy Attack).

Have fun - Guhl

nima0003

Mar 30, 2013
Aurora
Hi,

I can not press enough that this is Alpha 1. No Wifi, no modem, no sensors, no nothing. Only the Sailfish GUI user experience and you can play Galaxy Attack. Yes Galaxy Attack and that even in HD :)
The installation process will wipe your user data. So you better know how to backup/restore your stuff.

I would be happy if you give it a try but of course I understand that there is a lot to loose (but well, you get Galaxy Attack).

Have fun - Guhl
Wait, does this mean it's possible to Port Android 4.4?!

guhl99

Aug 25, 2010
Wait, does this mean it's possible to Port Android 4.4?!
What do you mean by that.

Are you referring to Alian Dalvik that is running on Jolla Phones to run Android? Well yes that would be Android 4.4.
But Alien Dalvik won't be running on this Sailfish OS port anyway as it is a licensed closed source product that must not be installed on Sailfish OS ports.

Well whatever. I personally do not care for any kind of Android Version or Android anymore. Otherwise I would not use my time to port Sailfish OS to other phones.

Have fun - Guhl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Screenshot_20180105_001_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20180105_002_1.jpg

This is a port of Sailfish OS to the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (aka chiron).
    At the moment this is a very early state port.
    Current state: Alpha 1

Download:
    Sailfish OS Version 2.x (work in progress)
    ROM lineage-14.1-20171229_174133-UNOFFICIAL-chiron.zip
    Alpha 1: sailfishos-chiron-release-2.1.3.7-guhl180103.zip (current)

Installation:
    Be warned. This will wipe all your data and you will get a very, very early user experience!
    Remark: The installation of the correct LOS (14.1 for SF 2.x) image is only necessary once. So if you already did this the first time you can skip steps 1,2 and 5.2
    1. Boot into fastboot mode and format the data partition using the command:
    Code:
    fastboot format userdata
    2. Boot into your custom Android Recovery (TWRP) and make sure that the sdcard is mounted
    3. Upload the LOS release:
    Code:
    adb push lineage-14.1-20171229_174133-UNOFFICIAL-chiron.zip /sdcard/
    4. Upload Sailfish OS:
    Code:
    adb push sailfishos-chiron-release-2.1.3.7-guhl180103.zip /sdcard/
    5. In the Recovery on the device:
    5.1. Clear data and cache (factory reset)
    5.2. Install the CM release by picking the CM image (this is needed so that the correct version of the binary libraries and firmware files are in place)
    5.3. Install Sailfish OS by picking the SFOS image (this will take quite some time)
    6. Reboot the device

After the initial boot the language selection and initial setup will show.
    You have to skip the WLAN connection because there is no working WLAN or modem atm.
    After that it will take a while and then the Jolla tutorial should come up. You can skip the tutorial if you want by clicking the corners of the screen in the following sequence: Top-Left, Top-Right, Bottom-Right, Bottom-Left.

Change-log:
    Version 20180103
    What works:
    • Telnet access via USB to the device on IP 192.168.2.15 and port 2323
    • ssh access for the user nemo after Remote connection is enabled in Developer tools in Settings
    • GUI
    • You can play Galaxy Attack if you enable the on screen controls as sensors do not work yet (click on top-right corner)
    What does not work:
    • everything else

Credits:
    mal, sledges, MisterMagister - et al. from the #sailfish-porters IRC channel on freenode
    These guys are doing amazing work and their competence and readiness to help is really inspiring.
    Without their support this would not be possible!
    If you want to help and participate, please find me on IRC

Have fun - Guhl
    Alpha 1 -> Sailfish OS 2.1.3.7

Hi,

Have fun - Guhl
    Well, on to the important stuff! Do bluetooth audio, proximity sensor, and VoLTE work!?!?!?
    Hehe!

Have fun - Guhl

Hi,

Status is:
    - we have a booting hybris-boot image and can telnet to the phone
    - I completed building the android side (aka hybris-hal)
    - yesterday night I built the first rom image but there was no time for flashing/testing ye.

Good news is: There is a second porter ( ghosalmartin ) also working on the phone so we have a bit more capacity this time.

Have fun - Guhl
    Hi,

thanks for the encouragement!
    Currently I am fighting with the Wifi driver. As soon as I have this up I'll upload the first ROM.

Have fun - Guhl