This thread hosts personal builds of LOS 16.0 and other Android 9 (Pie) ROMs for Mix 2, currently built from @wight554 's trees. Similar to Oreo, full credits to Wight and others behind the scene for the bringup, allowing us to build upon the awesome work.
Currently I build the following ROMs:
- LineageOS 16.0 (no schedule)
- ResurrectionRemix 7 (no schedule)
- AOSPExtended 6 (no schedule)
- PixelExperience 9 (no schedule)
Small changes in my builds:
- Default stretch-to-fullscreen (force apps to render in 18:9) - LOS official solution defaults to OFF, which complicates setup
- Grey-blue DeskClock color scheme (when possible)
- Navbar stays on the right side of the screen under 270° rotation
- Re-enabled lockscreen shortcuts
- Alipay fingerprint payment support (credits to dianlujitao)
- Coming from official MIUI? Since the new encryption has been implemented, you only need to wipe (not format) /data.
- Flash firmware Stable V10.0.2.0 (if you're not already on it)!
- For now you MUST use Wight's designated TWRP or OrangeFox!
- Download the latest build and optionally GAPPS (PE comes with GAPPS though, don't use any from external sources)
- Reboot to TWRP
- Flash the latest build, GAPPS and whatever other additions you need
- Read here if you want to use unencrypted data - post is from Oreo thread, but still applies to Pie
- SourceForge folder: https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan/files/ - new releases in the "9 - Treble" folder
- Root: use Magisk for now
- Google Apps: http://opengapps.org/
About "official" status:
- Currently I don't plan to apply for "official" for any of these ROMs, because 1) Wight is the actual maintainer who did the bringup and maintenance work, and 2) I like to be able to apply changes at will to the OS itself without restrictions from the official team.
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
AndyYan, wight554, Cozzmy13
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Stable V10.0.2.0
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2019-04-15