FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][9] LineageOS, ResurrectionRemix, AEX, PE // personal builds

3,778 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,167

By AndyYan, Recognized Contributor on 25th September 2018, 04:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread was formerly "[ROM][9] LineageOS 16.0 + AOSPExtended + PixelExperience // personal builds" - yes, once again, the title can't fit the full names of all these ROMs :/

This thread hosts personal builds of LOS 16.0 and other Android 9 (Pie) ROMs for Mix 2, currently built from @wight554 's trees. Similar to Oreo, full credits to Wight and others behind the scene for the bringup, allowing us to build upon the awesome work.

Currently I build the following ROMs:
  • LineageOS 16.0 (no schedule)
  • ResurrectionRemix 7 (no schedule)
  • AOSPExtended 6 (no schedule)
  • PixelExperience 9 (no schedule)

Small changes in my builds:
  • Default stretch-to-fullscreen (force apps to render in 18:9) - LOS official solution defaults to OFF, which complicates setup
  • Grey-blue DeskClock color scheme (when possible)
  • Navbar stays on the right side of the screen under 270° rotation
  • Re-enabled lockscreen shortcuts
  • Alipay fingerprint payment support (credits to dianlujitao)

What's working:
  • Everything?

Instructions:
  • Coming from official MIUI? Since the new encryption has been implemented, you only need to wipe (not format) /data.
  • Flash firmware Stable V10.0.2.0 (if you're not already on it)!
  • For now you MUST use Wight's designated TWRP or OrangeFox!
  • Download the latest build and optionally GAPPS (PE comes with GAPPS though, don't use any from external sources)
  • Reboot to TWRP
  • Flash the latest build, GAPPS and whatever other additions you need
  • Reboot

Extras:
  • Read here if you want to use unencrypted data - post is from Oreo thread, but still applies to Pie

Downloads:
Source Code:
About "official" status:
  • Currently I don't plan to apply for "official" for any of these ROMs, because 1) Wight is the actual maintainer who did the bringup and maintenance work, and 2) I like to be able to apply changes at will to the OS itself without restrictions from the official team.

Donation:
XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Contributors
AndyYan, wight554, Cozzmy13
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: MIUI Stable V10.0.2.0
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-09-25
Last Updated 2019-04-15
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndyYan Ad-Free

25th September 2018, 04:44 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Beijing

Donate to Me
More
Reserved

Just an additional note: I'm not as enthusiastic about building ROMs as I was early this year, so expect less regular updates and/or unanswered fix/feature requests. I'm just a builder, not nearly as capable of Demon or Wight doing all the heavy lifting, so I'll only do what my ability/time permits.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndyYan Ad-Free
25th September 2018, 04:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Thanks for all your work, Andy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AleD219 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AleD219 Ad-Free
25th September 2018, 05:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works like a charm. Only thing I noticed that traffic on the status bar won't be displayed.
25th September 2018, 05:15 PM |#5  
Flag Beijing

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtex

Works like a charm. Only thing I noticed that traffic on the status bar won't be displayed.

Statusbar customizations like network traffic aren't merged yet, just wait.
25th September 2018, 05:18 PM |#6  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Can we have that slide down gesture to bring the notification bar down like we had in PE Oreo? Thanks
25th September 2018, 06:56 PM |#7  
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Hey,i have a question. Is it possible to port full screen gestures from miui 10 to los 16?
The Following User Says Thank You to adistf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adistf Ad-Free
25th September 2018, 06:58 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Are the quick settings on the status bar still a bit off on PE edition?
26th September 2018, 02:41 AM |#9  
Flag Beijing

Donate to Me
More
Folks who have tried, please do let me know about the battery consumption. This build added some CPU governors to the kernel and defaulted little cluster to one of them, and I'm not sure of its actual impact. It's my first time fiddling with kernels and I can't guarantee the change will be satisfactory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtex

Are the quick settings on the status bar still a bit off on PE edition?

I acknowledge the lack of padding there, but I don't quite want to look into it now. It's supposed be a problem for PE upstream anyway.
26th September 2018, 08:54 AM |#10  
Flag LA PLAINE DES PALMISTES
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Greetings!
I've downloaded the rom last night. And until now, I have no problem: the camera works perfectly, the sound sound good and gaming performance are good.
The thing which attracted me was the mention of "Lineage OS" and I'm not disappointing to see that it's so close of the official and stable version . I'm blind in context of "find the bugs", so maybe we could find some but this is not my domain.
26th September 2018, 04:57 PM |#11  
Flag Nea Moudania
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is it possible to have the full screen for apps in this rom? I mean the option without the bars on the top and the botom of the screen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)