[ROM][2017-10-22][UNOFFICIAL] XenonHD ROM for Mix 2 (Chiron) [7.1.2]

531 posts
Thanks Meter: 573

By hondajohn88, Senior Member on 23rd October 2017, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
XenonHD ROM for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
A Team Horizon ROM
Based on AOSP r36 7.1.2

This ROM has all the features XenonHD has to offer.
All hardware functions including:
NFC
Bluetooth Audio
Fingerprint Scanner
Doze & Wake-up Gestures (dtw works after the first reboot)
And...many more things.

Magisk is no longer built in, so you'll need to flash it when first installing, and after every dirty flash.

VoLTE doesn't work (at least on T-Mobile). I believe most of the pieces are in place, but there may be something in the firmware that's preventing it? If I could figure out how to tap into the stock cust files, I might be able to figure out how to get it working.

Proximity Sensor is working:

Notification Light:
I have slowed down the notification light so it isn't all amped up. To make it completely usable, go to:
Fixed default notification blinks for built-in apps so they are slowed down without needing to go to settings.
For use-installed apps, add them to custom notification list in settings > notifications > gear icon > notification light > + in upper right corner > select app. Apps added to that list will have slow notification blinks.
I simply cannot find a way to make user-installed app notifications behave the same as built-in apps. Grrr!!

I have also made the light sensor wait longer before dimming the screen. This helps with left-handed activities blocking the light sensor and almost immediately dimming the screen.
Reduced time to go back from dim to bright. Screen will dim after 5 seconds, returns to bright after 2 seconds.

I've remove configpanel & pocketmode...they did little to nothing, and may have caused more battery drain than I care for.

Required prior to installing:
Unlock Bootloader
Install custom recovery: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579490303
HUGE thanks to IceMan for bringing this to Mix 2!
A quirk with this TWRP: This one looks for backups in TWRP/BACKUPS/MIX_2 folder. Normally, the MIX_2 folder is named after serial number of your device.
So, you existing backups won't be found until you rename the folder in BACKUPS to MIX_2.

Installation Instructions:
Dirty flash is now available with the above TWRP and 10-26-2017 rom.

Download the most recent build: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329071426

Download Gapps (I use Open Gapps Mini) --> http://opengapps.org/

All versions from 10-24-2017 are now encryptable.

From TWRP Recovery:
IF COMING FROM MIUI-BASED ROM: FULL WIPE AND FORMAT DATA!!
If you encounter ERROR 7, during XenonHD install, install Global MIUI ROM, then do full wipe and data format again, then install XenonHD rom.

If coming from AOSP-based ROM:
- Full wipe (Cache, Davlik/ART Cache, System & Data)
- Flash ROM zip
- Flash Gapps zip

Huge thanks to Mokee for bringing this device up and making a great place to start.
Also a very HUGE thanks to @Arasthel for his work on proximity sensor and figuring out the bluetooth reboot stuff and other hints, suggestions and incalculable work.

I'd also like to thank all of you folks here for trying this ROM and providing constructive feedback.
In addition, I appreciate your patience when issues come up that need to be fixed. I am not a developer, and I have a full time job and a wife that takes precedence most of the time

Sources:
Vendor:
https://github.com/hondajohn88/andro...msm8998-common
https://github.com/hondajohn88/andro...n/tree/xenonhd

Kernel:
https://github.com/hondajohn88/andro...8/tree/xenonhd

Device:
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to hondajohn88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hondajohn88 Ad-Free

23rd October 2017, 05:53 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upland

More
reserved
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hondajohn88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hondajohn88 Ad-Free
23rd October 2017, 05:55 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upland

More
reserved 2
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hondajohn88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hondajohn88 Ad-Free
23rd October 2017, 06:36 PM |#5  
Flag Zurich
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subashchandran

Does safety net pass with or without magisk?

With magisk its working

Gesendet von meinem MI Mix 2 mit Tapatalk
23rd October 2017, 07:36 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 738

More
THX for the ROM @hondajohn88 ,very much appreciated.

Is this 1st release identical to the beta?
Just curious,as I tried to dirty flash over the beta & got the same errors as if coming from another ROM (wouldn't flash).
Is a full wipe (less formatting data) necessary if updating ?
I don't mind setting up from new again,even if just updating from the beta build.
However,wondering if incremental updates are going to be an option on future builds.

THX.

Sent from my MI Mix 2 using XDA Labs
23rd October 2017, 08:04 PM |#7  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 114

Donate to Me
More
Bluetooth seems to be working fine for audio/calls. Need to try video/youtube audio output on car (will do it on the drive back home)
ROM is slick, its been good so far (2 hours since i have set everything up)
23rd October 2017, 08:17 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIOSIS

THX for the ROM @hondajohn88 ,very much appreciated.

Is this 1st release identical to the beta?
Just curious,as I tried to dirty flash over the beta & got the same errors as if coming from another ROM (wouldn't flash).
Is a full wipe (less formatting data) necessary if updating ?
I don't mind setting up from new again,even if just updating from the beta build.
However,wondering if incremental updates are going to be an option on future builds.

THX.

Sent from my MI Mix 2 using XDA Labs

Oh yeah...I need to add that to the OP, for some reason, dirty flash won't work. There's a couple weird things with this build, one is I can't make a dirty build or it breaks Wi-Fi, and can't dirty flash. I don't know the reasons, but if I figure it out, I'll be sure to let everyone here know. It's an extreme pain in the ass.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hondajohn88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hondajohn88 Ad-Free
23rd October 2017, 08:19 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upland

More
Quote:

Bluetooth seems to be working fine for audio/calls. Need to try video/youtube audio output on car (will do it on the drive back home)
ROM is slick, its been good so far (2 hours since i have set everything up)

Glad everything is working for you so far. Bluetooth audio in car should work (it does on mine), but I found the volume on the car set to zero so needed to turn that up. That was a brief "oh crap" moment that I thought it wasn't working lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hondajohn88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hondajohn88 Ad-Free
23rd October 2017, 08:20 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Upland

More
Quote:

Does safety net pass with or without magisk?

I think it fails without it, but magisk is built in, so if have to remove it to find out for sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to hondajohn88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hondajohn88 Ad-Free
23rd October 2017, 08:22 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 738

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondajohn88

Oh yeah...I need to add that to the OP, for some reason, dirty flash won't work. There's a couple weird things with this build, one is I can't make a dirty build or it breaks Wi-Fi, and can't dirty flash. I don't know the reasons, but if I figure it out, I'll be sure to let everyone here know. It's an extreme pain in the ass.

IT'S ALL GOOD @hondajohn88 .
This ROM is daily-driver material,every update from here on out is a bonus & very much appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)