Thanks Meter: 15

By Lurker1126, Member on 19th November 2018, 11:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th January 2019, 09:54 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacopicante123

Looks like this may never get fixed. I just downloaded Waze.. We'll see how that goes. Maps is better looking for sure but I guess I'll have to settle for now

I'm not sure if this issue was already there before Google changed the interface design. I will Install an older version and test it tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to skaterazn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skaterazn Ad-Free

8th January 2019, 10:13 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 1,517

More
Quote:

Looks like this may never get fixed. I just downloaded Waze.. We'll see how that goes. Maps is better looking for sure but I guess I'll have to settle for now

Try MapQuest it's more similar looking to Google maps than Waze.
I tested maps going one way and then MapQuest going back the same way. Maps is twitchy and the location triangle is all over the place. MapQuest was normal the location icon never twitched or changed directions or hopped to another street.
9th January 2019, 03:30 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaterazn

I have the same issue with Google Maps. I'm on the weekly eu rom.

Quote:

I'm not sure if this issue was already there before Google changed the interface design. I will Install an older version and test it tomorrow.

Thanks! Let us know the results... I tried waze and it was OK for the most part but I lost GPS mid way through my drive home... Don't know if it was a reception issue or what. Gonna try mapquest and see how it goes.
The Following User Says Thank You to tacopicante123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tacopicante123 Ad-Free
9th January 2019, 06:14 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Thanks! Let us know the results... I tried waze and it was OK for the most part but I lost GPS mid way through my drive home... Don't know if it was a reception issue or what. Gonna try mapquest and see how it goes.

I have tried version 9.87.4 and it worked pretty well. Only minimal jumps when your car stops, but the position locks after some seconds. It is much better than the current version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skaterazn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skaterazn Ad-Free
9th January 2019, 03:26 PM |#35  

More
Quote:

I have tried version 9.87.4 and it worked pretty well. Only minimal jumps when your car stops, but the position locks after some seconds. It is much better than the current version.

I've tried several versions over the past few weeks with no success. Today I'm trying 9.39.2 based on a random post I found on the internet. I'm really liking everything else about this phone, but I'm about to give up if I can't get Google Maps navigation to work after trying every setting for the past 3+ weeks.
9th January 2019, 03:47 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

I just downloaded Google maps 9.87.4 and used it to get to work... No hiccups whatsoever and the navigation arrow stayed on the road the entire time. Good find.. This did the trick. I just set Google Play to not auto-update my apps so it doesn't mess up again. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954wrecker

I've tried several versions over the past few weeks with no success. Today I'm trying 9.39.2 based on a random post I found on the internet. I'm really liking everything else about this phone, but I'm about to give up if I can't get Google Maps navigation to work after trying every setting for the past 3+ weeks.

Try this link: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...load/download/
This one works for me so far... Just uninstall the one you have and do this one. Turn off auto updates from Google Play. Hope that helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tacopicante123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tacopicante123 Ad-Free
9th January 2019, 04:28 PM |#37  
Flag blackpool
Thanks Meter: 388

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954wrecker

Same rom as you, I don't think it's the ROM either but I guess it's possible. I think it was acting up the 3 days I ran the Chinese stock room before unlocking it.

It's the ROM, bye🤗🤗
If you try PE you will see it works perfectly
The Following User Says Thank You to james1089 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift james1089 Ad-Free
9th January 2019, 04:34 PM |#38  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by james1089

It's the ROM, bye🤗🤗
If you try PE you will see it works perfectly

The Google maps version mentioned above finally solved the issue. I was close to giving up after trying a dozen versions that all jumped around like a Mexican jumping bean.
9th January 2019, 07:05 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello, same issue ! pokemon go don't work at home :/ GPS is very very poor (i have the MIX 3 palace museum china stock stable) and i think i will install the latest Xiaomi.eu soon !
i read all your topics but finally what the problem ? and how to fix ? i read just allow permission to google ? that's all ?
Thanks You !!

Edit : Google play services was not installed on my phone so i install it with apkmirror, and now ?
1st February 2019, 01:02 PM |#40  
Flag FDS
Thanks Meter: 8

More
are you using some cases? I think my problem is caused by the case i use..
strange is that my problems are like others here discribe but since i have this new case yesterday.
hope i see changes when i use the original later
1st February 2019, 03:28 PM |#41  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandman1701

are you using some cases? I think my problem is caused by the case i use..
strange is that my problems are like others here discribe but since i have this new case yesterday.
hope i see changes when i use the original later

it wasn't because of any case I tested it with and without. is the case you posted pictures of plastic sides and back or is it metal?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)