FORUMS

10.2.1.0 Global Update Available

903 posts
Thanks Meter: 988

By PWn3R, Senior Member on 24th January 2019, 02:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just checked for updates and this popped up. Enjoy.

Link for the download is: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V10.2.1.0.P...3870b4_9.0.zip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-01-24-07-07-23-852_com.android.updater.png
Views:	3482
Size:	232.8 KB
ID:	4692846  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PWn3R For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PWn3R Ad-Free
24th January 2019, 02:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
I just got this too! Do you know how I can update having twrp installed?
24th January 2019, 02:14 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Flagstaff

Donate to Me
More
I just tried to install the smaller update above, it failed and now I'm downloading a 1.8gb version. Of you have TWRP installed, I'd probably just download the older OTA and fastboot flash boot boot.img from that OTA.
24th January 2019, 02:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faddys123

I just got this too! Do you know how I can update having twrp installed?

You should be able to install it like normal but ensure when your device reboots you enter your password to enter twrp. If that doesn't work just reboot into twrp and install it by selecting it from the downloaded ROM directory (I forget what the folder is called but it's not the normal download folder). You will have to reflash twrp afterwards.
24th January 2019, 02:28 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Flagstaff

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xreactx

You should be able to install it like normal but ensure when your device reboots you enter your password to enter twrp. If that doesn't work just reboot into twrp and install it by selecting it from the downloaded ROM directory (I forget what the folder is called but it's not the normal download folder). You will have to reflash twrp afterwards.

This *should* would too.

Filename for the big file is: miui_MIMIX3Global_V10.2.1.0.PEEMIXM_9dc43870b4_9.0 .zip we should be able to assemble the whole bigota.somethingsomethingsomething.darkside.xiaomi .downloads url using that, but I'm not at a computer and going to be late for work as is.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk
24th January 2019, 02:48 PM |#6  

More
Ok got it installed i downloaded the 1.8gb flashed it via twrp then flashed twrp again and installed magisk all it working now 😊

Noticed a few new things battery percentage text is now inside the battery icon!

Also there's a new 'suggestions' in the recents view, it can be turned off in the settings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-01-24-14-44-15-963_com.android.systemui.jpeg
Views:	1498
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	4692859  
24th January 2019, 03:22 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Flagstaff

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok got it installed i downloaded the 1.8gb flashed it via twrp then flashed twrp again and installed magisk all it working now

Noticed a few new things battery percentage text is now inside the battery icon!

Also there's a new 'suggestions' in the recents view, it can be turned off in the settings

What version of Magisk did you install? I tried 17.3 and have a bootlooping phone.
24th January 2019, 03:31 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWn3R

What version of Magisk did you install? I tried 17.3 and have a bootlooping phone.

Using 17.3 as well mate
24th January 2019, 03:42 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Flagstaff

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Using 17.3 as well mate

I just tried downloading a fresh copy of the Magisk zip. Same result. The phone starts booting then reboots into recovery. I don't know why this doesn't work. Did you have a "global" version of the phone? If so, can you backup your boot image with TWRP (the Magisk rooted one) and post it so we can try downloading and installing to see if it works on a Chinese phone?
24th January 2019, 09:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Is it normal for the update size to not be displayed? This is my first update using a Xiaomi device & found it odd to not know how large a update was.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)