FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Working Gcam 6 with manual focus and long exposure!

1,507 posts
Thanks Meter: 465

By xterminater07, Senior Member on 2nd January 2019, 03:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Mar 12th, 2019

So it has been awhile since I tinker with Gcam, and now that I have finished the modding of it and no longer have my Mix 3, I will upload the final copy of Gcam. As usual thanks to everyone from defcomg, cstark27, san1tyy, xtreme, bsg, zoran.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rB...J2G6mL-16Bx8LY

Changelog:
-added corrected black level for most shots. Bl corrected for 1/30 shutter so you will have slight tint on slow shutter at extreme low light conditions.
-modified xlib2 to remove tint, and noise
-new menu and icons

Bugs:
-sometimes hdr+ enhanced at 40 frames or 36 frames will not save the first shot, but shot afterwards will save. Tried to find a fix but cannot so use lower frames for most stability, ie.. 25 or so.

Feb 7th, 2019

Update: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IK...mTLaA8HErtoyk7
-added lens blur mode courtesy of san1tyy to take picture of objects and animals

Recommended settings:
-Rear camera set to Pixel 3 XL
-Processing set to 2018 zslr hdr+
-set frames to 40 for min and max for best low light shot (will take some time to process), or set to 20 for both for quick shots
-hdr+ enhance and night sight set min iso compensation to 1/3 or 1/4 s for best shot, but hands have to be still as possible
-exposure compensation to +0.6
-chose Xlib for lib choice

So several have stated that shutter isn't working on global rom, and some other Mix flagship such as Mix 2/2S doesn't work so with help from san1tyy, metadata was cleaned up and should be working now

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hu...2wXq3HhMRP5DUp

Feb 4th, 2019

After bunch of trials and error, lib modding here and there, finally got a working stable version with some new changes with help from Zoran, Savitar, Xtreme, and San1tyy :P . Lib modding for awb using different calibrations from various devices would not play nice due to either unsaturated or nuclear saturation, especially from S9 series, so I just left it stock for now. Here's the new apk: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sc...1lCXzUSLtb6miB

Changes:
-added compensation exposure
-new lib (Xlib) with sharpened decreased
-frames changed to 40 instead of 45 due to exif cache size error and won't save image
-qc color awb works finally without the yellow tint, thanks big time to Savitar
-UI changes

enjoy guys and donation are welcome so I can get more devices to work on. Paypal: [email protected]

The iso slider had an issue, and wouldn't capture. Also sabre and pixel 3 awb was not included so this version is updated to include it
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11O...A0NDEW8auU3aNr

So sliders had some issue of not triggering for both iso and focus. After multiple test trials, san1tyy and defcomg pulled through again and got it working! APK is also cleaned up to only include Edzman v3, savitar v2, and stock google libs. Enjoy guys.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Mt...2f9Co9Nyd20PXY

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jf...4BjxgphyTFmvmo

Make sure you are on the latest global beta from Xiaomi, or the latest beta from xiaomi.eu for camera not to lag in viewfinder and processing HDR+. This mod is based on BSG's latest version with working telephoto lens. Thanks to the great defcomg, xtreme and san1tyy over at telegram, here are the changes:

-added 45 frames, and 50 frames. The 50 frames will cause viewfinder to flicker like crazy but it does works.
-removed ISO limit of 9600 because stock camera can go up to 19000+ iso
-long exposure added for up to 32 seconds in hdr+ enhanced and night sight
-manual focus sliders and exposure sliders

Slo motion should work, motion photo do not work because of lib issue from xiaomi. For configs, use Pixel XL for rear camera, processing use 2018 zlsr+, front camera can use Pixel 3 XL. Using Pixel XL gives correct awb vs Pixel 3 XL which gives a true to life color at night time with low lighting (ie.. 5 to 10 lux).
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to xterminater07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xterminater07 Ad-Free

3rd January 2019, 02:37 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Night Sight Working on China Stable 10.2.1.0

Thanks
14th January 2019, 11:40 AM |#3  
Miami-Dade County
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Camera works great just laggy in night sight
14th January 2019, 02:23 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvs60

Camera works great just laggy in night sight

use xiaomi.eu rom or beta chinese
14th January 2019, 02:28 PM |#5  
Miami-Dade County
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I am on the official global rom 10.0.11.0
18th January 2019, 08:36 PM |#6  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 225

More
I'm on official global ROM as well and the view finder is incredibly laggy
19th January 2019, 12:11 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
global rom will do this, you need to be on global beta or xiaomi.eu rom or chinese beta rom
19th January 2019, 09:05 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
Any news on the global stable update?

I find the Xiaomi forums a pain to navigate otherwise would check myself heh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherx12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pantherx12 Ad-Free
21st January 2019, 07:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi xterminater07, Thanks for your work! Its impressive! I use this version of gcam for my LG G6 and works great but I have some doubts about the 32s long exposure. Could you tell me what file inside the gcam package can I modify to try other configurations? I decompile the apk but I cant find where the parameters are for the amount of seconds depending on the lux. Thanks!!!
PD: Sorry for my bad english
24th January 2019, 04:43 PM |#10  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 3

More
All the lags and slowness disappeared after the latest global update (received the ota and updated an hour ago), now when I tried night Sight, taking multiple shots in a row etc etc there are no lags whatsoever anymore for me!

I was just about to flash the EU rom to fix the lags but no need anymore!
The Following User Says Thank You to lv-88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lv-88 Ad-Free
24th January 2019, 05:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv-88

All the lags and slowness disappeared after the latest global update (received the ota and updated an hour ago), now when I tried night Sight, taking multiple shots in a row etc etc there are no lags whatsoever anymore for me!

I was just about to flash the EU rom to fix the lags but no need anymore!

Me too! I don't know what they did but its not lsggy anymore!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Does any one find that you have to tap twice on the camera button to take a pic? Very annoying
The Following User Says Thank You to faddys123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift faddys123 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)