FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery] Official TWRP for the Xiaomi Mi MIX (lithium)

1,491 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,147

Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2018, 12:16 PM |#581  
Flag Graz
Thanks Meter: 240

More
Double check bootloader unlock, propably it has been locked, and then you can't flash anything inofficial ..

Gesendet von meinem MIX mit Tapatalk

10th May 2018, 01:19 PM |#582  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureshock

Double check bootloader unlock, propably it has been locked, and then you can't flash anything inofficial ..

Gesendet von meinem MIX mit Tapatalk

Bootloader is unlocked by Xiaomi. Had root before.
Tried Raupe 3.2.1.0. but still the passcode problem

Edit: Finally it worked. First I formatted the phone, then installed Raupe TWRP and it didnt asked for the password. Then wiping and installing treble and the Pixel rom. Thanks guys for the help.
10th May 2018, 07:33 PM |#583  
Flag tehran
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raupe

@blunden
I'll share my sources in the week starting from 2018-04-09 in this forum.
I'ts not bug free/feature complete but may be a good starting point.

... but now preparing for a short vacation to spain starting tomorrow.
See/read you in two weeks!

hi raupe
i have 6/256 ver. and use your twrp .but twrp unknown storage !
how i can solved this issue?
tanx
Edit: Finally it worked! tanx to @marcoryn
21st May 2018, 01:57 PM |#584  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunden

Thanks. I'll compare it with my repo and see if I find anything I'm missing.

What issues were users having with builds using this latest tree?

Hello @blunden,
as you probably are aware of TWRP can't decrypt the data partition if you encrypted your phone: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sea...?query=decrypt
Unfortunatley @raupe was never able to find and fix the issue and things got very confusing because not only lithium is affected but a lot of phones have or had issues with this but in different variations. (Some couldn't decrypt their phone at all.)

I now went on a hunt for information (again) and found a couple of very interesting commits, bug reports and explanations that might help you fix this issue. I hope the following information is useful to you:

I really hope this helps you pinpoint the issue that is going on with TWRP being unable to decrypt the data partition.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrikerPicatinny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrikerPicatinny Ad-Free
27th May 2018, 02:04 PM |#585  
Thanks Meter: 286

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerPicatinny

Hello @blunden,
as you probably are aware of TWRP can't decrypt the data partition if you encrypted your phone: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sea...?query=decrypt
Unfortunatley @raupe was never able to find and fix the issue and things got very confusing because not only lithium is affected but a lot of phones have or had issues with this but in different variations. (Some couldn't decrypt their phone at all.)

I now went on a hunt for information (again) and found a couple of very interesting commits, bug reports and explanations that might help you fix this issue. I hope the following information is useful to you:

I really hope this helps you pinpoint the issue that is going on with TWRP being unable to decrypt the data partition.

I have no issues with TWRP decrypting my data partition when using my TWRP build linked earlier. Lithium doesn't use FBE so that shouldn't be an issue, unless you use a ROM that has switched to FBE. Which ROM are you running?

Thanks for spending some time looking for answers. I'll check the links later. The build from my own tree didn't boot correctly last time I checked however so something else is broken.
The Following User Says Thank You to blunden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blunden Ad-Free
28th May 2018, 12:02 PM |#586  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

I have no issues with TWRP decrypting my data partition when using my TWRP build linked earlier. Lithium doesn't use FBE so that shouldn't be an issue, unless you use a ROM that has switched to FBE. Which ROM are you running?

Thanks for spending some time looking for answers. I'll check the links later. The build from my own tree didn't boot correctly last time I checked however so something else is broken.

Hi @blunden and thanks for replying to my post!

I use LineageOS 14.1 with official TWRP 3.2.1.
Decrypting data on boot is no issue so when encrypting I can use my phone normally. Decrypting data in TWRP isn't possible though or at least wasn't possible a couple of weeks ago. So both using the internal updater as well as updating the ROM from a manually downloaded ZIP is impossible.

However since you tell me that decryption with TWRP is no issue on LineageOS 15.1 while using your modified TWRP I'd say there is no worth in trying to fix a soon to be outdated ROM. Your time and resources are better spent on TWRP for LineageOS 15.1. Thanks for making things better for all of us!

Since I have your attention: I always try and look for ways to donate some money to maintainers and other important contributors of the ROMs, tools and software I'm using. To my surprise all Lineage contributors and maintainers I have talked to kindly declined any donations I offered them so far. Most point towards the official TWRP and LineageOS maintenance funds. If you accept donations I'd gladly say thanks by sending some money your way. If not then that's fine as well and I simply tip my hat in respect and gratitude.
30th May 2018, 08:24 PM |#587  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerPicatinny

Hi @blunden and thanks for replying to my post!

I use LineageOS 14.1 with official TWRP 3.2.1.
Decrypting data on boot is no issue so when encrypting I can use my phone normally. Decrypting data in TWRP isn't possible though or at least wasn't possible a couple of weeks ago. So both using the internal updater as well as updating the ROM from a manually downloaded ZIP is impossible.

However since you tell me that decryption with TWRP is no issue on LineageOS 15.1 while using your modified TWRP I'd say there is no worth in trying to fix a soon to be outdated ROM. Your time and resources are better spent on TWRP for LineageOS 15.1. Thanks for making things better for all of us!

Since I have your attention: I always try and look for ways to donate some money to maintainers and other important contributors of the ROMs, tools and software I'm using. To my surprise all Lineage contributors and maintainers I have talked to kindly declined any donations I offered them so far. Most point towards the official TWRP and LineageOS maintenance funds. If you accept donations I'd gladly say thanks by sending some money your way. If not then that's fine as well and I simply tip my hat in respect and gratitude.

I haven't tried this TWRP on 14.1 since I was already moving on to 15.1 when I found the need to update to TWRP 3.2.x.

Yeah, I'd refer you to the official TWRP and LineageOS maintenance funds too. The other guys in Lineage working on the Xiaomi msm8996 devices do most of the work anyway so if you want to donate to someone specific, I'd pick one of them instead.

An updated version with OTA support:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lv7snc....1-updated.img
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blunden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blunden Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 07:47 AM |#588  
Quote:

I haven't tried this TWRP on 14.1 since I was already moving on to 15.1 when I found the need to update to TWRP 3.2.x.

Yeah, I'd refer you to the official TWRP and LineageOS maintenance funds too. The other guys in Lineage working on the Xiaomi msm8996 devices do most of the work anyway so if you want to donate to someone specific, I'd pick one of them instead.

An updated version with OTA support:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lv7snc....1-updated.img

hallo mr. @blunden.
does the twrp you posted are latest than this one?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/03nd3n...ndor-fstab.img
31st May 2018, 09:48 AM |#589  
Thanks Meter: 514

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heindrix

hallo mr. @blunden.
does the twrp you posted are latest than this one?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/03nd3n...ndor-fstab.img

It's a wild guess but I would assume it is, as the one you link is some months old and the updated one is, well, updated and Blunden shared it 13 hours ago

And THANKS @blunden!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to albertoduqe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift albertoduqe Ad-Free
3rd June 2018, 12:59 AM |#590  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertoduqe

It's a wild guess but I would assume it is, as the one you link is some months old and the updated one is, well, updated and Blunden shared it 13 hours ago

And THANKS @blunden!!!

Your assumption is correct.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blunden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blunden Ad-Free
17th June 2018, 07:57 AM |#591  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi gang,

Has any progress (or a workaround) been made on TWRP 3.2.1 not being able to decrypt the data partition?

Like a lot of people my company requires me to encrypt my phone to use corporate email/services. As such I can't do any rom updates (without a full wipe/reinstall) while the data partition is inaccessible from TWRP. Currently running an old version of Psy_Man's awesome Pixel Experience (Oreo 8.1) rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBlackDuck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LittleBlackDuck Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mi mix, root, twrp, xiaomi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)