/* Disclaimer * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research * if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you blame me in any way for what happens to your device, I will laugh at you. * BOOM! goes the dynamite */
Cardinal-AOSP is a Custom ROM which was initially based on AOSPB, then we changed our mind and rebased it to AOSP-RRO, to get better compatibility with most of the devices. And now we are based on AOSP on oreo. The main aim of this ROM is to bring stock AOSP experience as much as possible while maintaining performance, smoothness and good battery backup. I hope that you'll all love this project, and help us, shape it even more better. Meanwhile, all of our sources are publicly available on our Github. We also do own a Google+ Community, where you can.... uhm... you know, do what all others do at forums and communities! Hope you enjoy your stay and like our work on Cardinal-AOSP.
NOTE: we won't be accepting any feature requests, and only essential features will be added to enhance stock AOSP experience.
Changes on top of AOSP:
• QS Tiles: Adb over network, Caffeine, Screenshot, Reboot, Sound, Volume, PiP, Headsup, compass, Accidental touch
• Cardinal logo on statusbar
• Signature spoofing support for MicroG
• Comes with Pixel/Stock theme
• Comes with Margarita substratum theme
• Reboot to recovery/bootloader in powermenu
• Latest Ringtones/Effects tones from Pixel image
• Allow lower temp for night light
• Accept All files over bluetooth option
• Volume Adjustments Sound
• Add SystemUI Tuner features into Wings
• Disabled RescueParty
• Enable Custom shapes option on Launcher3
• Enable Developer option by default
• Launcher3 Gestures
• Screenshot sound toggle
• Reset Battery Stats
• Ship with Jelly browser
• L/R IME/Music Cursors
• DND Tile enhancements
• HSPA+ icon
• Add/Remove tiles with one click
• Wake on Plug
• Sensor block-per package
• In call vibrations
• Secured QS
• QS title visibility
• Custom QS layout configuration
• Headsup toggle
• Headsup whitelist/blacklist
• IME Selector notification toggle
• Battery light/Notification light options
• Network traffic meter
• DT2S on Statusbar
• Volume button wake
• Volume button music control
• Dynamic software Navigationbar/Hardware keys toggle
• Pixel Navbar animation
• Accidental touch
• Button backlight controls
• Custom Key rebindings
• Option to Disable Home key when ringing
• option to hide lockscreen shortcut on secured lockscreen
• Lockscreen media art toggle
• Option to unlock with FP directly after reboot
• Fingerprint Authentication vibration toggle
• Clear all FAB option
When Expanded Desktop on everywhere, screen doesn't come up on or does it very slowly after going to sleep...
Proximity fixes ARE HERE but some audio issues (when calling mostly) might still persist. Needs testing...
Other than that... You tell
Special notice for 20180612 build and onwards:
The 20180612 build includes treble support. That means that, if you use Magisk, you will need to flash a Magisk-cust or magisk-treble patched for it work. Appart from that, as long as you flash normally and stay in the rom or go to other conventional lithium builds, nothing's changed for the user.
If you know a bit of how treble works, you will know that this only (or mainly) means that after flashing and booting this Cardinal build, you can go back to TWRP, wipe everything except for vendor partition, and flash any GSI on top. Gapps and root will have been wiped, so you will have to flash them again as with any new GSI.
For any more information on treble refer to Psy_Man's thread and his links there
All builds: Download Cardinal-AOSP for Lithium
Download GApps: Tested with OpenGapps 8.1 unofficial by Nezorflame and with official opengapps.
Feel free to use any other package at your own risk! Only tested with pico and nano.
Warning: Some users are experiencing issues with TWRP. If you're encrypted, do NOT flash this ROM unless you're willing to decrypt first. If you're not encrypted, make sure to back up anything important to PC/cloud first as the TWRP issues may make it tricky to back that data up in the future.
Highly recommended: use latest working TWRP, 3.2.1 by raupe/blunden. Find it linked by Blunden in the official TWRP thread.
- Download ROM and GApps
- Download latest firmware (tested with the one provided by Psy_Man, although it should work with miui 8.2.1 or later...).
- Reboot to recovery and backup existing ROM (Just in case!)
- Wipe System, Data, ART cache, Cache, factory reset.
- Flash Firmware, ROM and Gapps.
- Flash root method IF YOU WANT ROOT: attention, only tested with Magisk 14.0, no idea about other magisk versions. SU is reportedly not working for Oreo, at least for Lithium.
Psy_Man for device and kernel sources: without those this rom wouldn't be here.
All the rest custom roms out there
@Recenz for wonderful bootanimation
Apologies if we've missed out someone, please feel free to PM, in case we've forgotten to pin your name here!
E50AK for essential support and expertise.
Cardinal-AOSP on Github
Cardinal AOSP, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix
Device trees by Psy_Man
New since 20180412: Kernel by xNombre THANKS!
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: AOSP
Last Updated 2018-06-12