FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to change China ROM to Global ROM?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By stanly65, Junior Member on 8th November 2019, 09:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Mi Note 10 in Europe is rebranded version of the Mi CC9 Pro launched in China.
Mi Note 10 is priced at EUR 549, but Mi CC9 Pro EUR 409.
Can i change China ROM Mi CC9 Pro to Global ROM Mi Note 10?
9th November 2019, 03:45 AM |#2  
Flag most likely at home
Thanks Meter: 303

More
there are many guides already available online for other xiaomi devices but the procedure is generally identical, just go and google it yourself.
9th November 2019, 10:19 AM |#3  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 34

More
But you will Not have LTE Band 20 with THE mi cc9 pro...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unrated87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift unrated87 Ad-Free
11th November 2019, 12:32 PM |#4  
Flag Finland
Thanks Meter: 580

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrated87

But you will Not have LTE Band 20 with THE mi cc9 pro...

thats true, thats why i bought mi note 10.
17th November 2019, 12:04 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
hi there

of course you can.. it's very simple, just unlock the bootloader, download the global fastboot rom and flash it.. you can use the xiaomi flash tool or just the flash-all.bat, which i use all the time..

there are two things you need to know, first no band 20, but for me in swiss it's not a big deal, we use b3 b7 and b20.. i expect in 85% of my locations to have 4g..

the seccond thing is, you must not relock the bootloader after flashing an globoal rom on an chinese device, otherwise you'll brick your phone..
17th November 2019, 06:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I bought a Xiaomi CC9 pro from china but I cannot seem to be able to find a global rom for it , can someone guide me in the right direction please.
17th November 2019, 03:56 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akakal

I bought a Xiaomi CC9 pro from china but I cannot seem to be able to find a global rom for it , can someone guide me in the right direction please.

As Mi Note 10 is still new, you need to wait a while until there is a fastboot rom (global). You can first apply for the unlock of your phone (needs 7 days). Maybe you can find the fastboot rom after 7 days.
18th November 2019, 01:14 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKShooter

As Mi Note 10 is still new, you need to wait a while until there is a fastboot rom (global). You can first apply for the unlock of your phone (needs 7 days). Maybe you can find the fastboot rom after 7 days.

is a fastboot rom needed? can i use the normal one because they are already available and flash it with mi flash tool?
Yesterday, 04:36 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_adnan

is a fastboot rom needed? can i use the normal one because they are already available and flash it with mi flash tool?

I think MiFlash tool can only recognise the faltboot rom.
Yesterday, 02:05 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKShooter

I think MiFlash tool can only recognise the faltboot rom.

you're right, there are two different types of rom, normal one for the mi updater app on the phone self and the fastboot one. switch from china to global or global to china needs an fastboot rom and therefore an unlocked bootloader.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

i already applyed for an unlock, till 150 hours to wait.. hopefully there will be an global fastboot rom in an week..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)